Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to test sit and drive, but I don't see that being an option. I expect it to be similar to the Wrangler in internal space with better headroom since there's no "sports" bar, so I'll fit fine. I'm 99% sure I'll love the driving too, if I absolutely hate it I'll add $5k to what I paid and sell it on Craig's list ;-)
My past short test drives didn't really tell me all that much, it's not like you can take it for half a day of trails and highway and city. Mainly it has to be comfortable to sit in with everything in easy reach, and from the preliminary interior designs we've seen so far, that all seems to be just fine.
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I personally relish the concept of purchasing a $36k machine site unseen without even a paint swatch. F'n lovely.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I'm driving before ordering for sure

No rush here

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I currently drive a 4x4 Ranger with the 2.3 auto so I'm assuming it will be comparable. I rent Wranglers on vacation every year so I also assume it won't be too different than that. I'd love to drive it first but if I can't I'm not overly concerned.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will 100% wait until they are at the dealerships before I do anything. I need to see it, get in it and drive a 2dr with both engines. I'm 6'5" and not all vehicles are created equal. I fit in my Jeep.....barely so a test drive is absolutely necessary. I fully accept the fact that will probably force me to a 2022 model unless I get lucky with one on the lot. But I have patience, the Jeep is still running and driving fine so it's not in dire need of replacement.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm all over the place. We don't know pricing, we dont know how they drive, yet many of us have preordered something.... Are we going to get a chance to test drive or maybe even see something before we place our actual orders? I'm guessing no. I'm on the fence until I can see them in person and test drive something. Anyone else feel the same way? I guess we could test drive something with the 2.3 and auto...or something with the 2.7 and auto to get a feel.
Absolutely will require test drive and seeing colors/options. In particular getting some feedback on the manual transmission performance to make an educated decision between that and the auto. Also would like to test for myself 2.3L vs 2.7L. When I bought a new car last January, I rented same model for a week long trip. After that myself and family new without a doubt the vehicle was right for us. Most anything I buy of consequence, I check out the item in person and test when possible. 30k plus? Yes I am test driving first!

OP
OP
hemiblas

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rumors have it that dealers, or some dealers ... will have Pre-pro models available to see, touch, taste, and even drive , sometime before order time. Those pre-pro models will NOT be saleable, according to what I read.
I think we start ordering this fall. So are you saying they will have pre-production models in before then?

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it weird that I don't care to? I mean if given the opportunity, sure. But if I don't even sit in my car before it arrives, it really wouldn't change my opinion. This is going to be a fun, weekend car for me. I trust Ford won't F it up

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have three options in case you end up hating it. Normally you have a week or two to return the vehicle if not satisfied, you can lease it and if you end up liking it then you can buy it in the end or turn it in and lease or buy a 2024 (3 years after lease) or you can sell it if you end up disliking it. Just some ideas ?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it weird that I don't care to? I mean if given the opportunity, sure. But if I don't even sit in my car before it arrives, it really wouldn't change my opinion. This is going to be a fun, weekend car for me. I trust Ford won't F it up
Yeah, it’d have to be a complete dumpster fire to change my mind. I won’t like everything about it but I’ll modify it to fit my needs. No concerns whatsoever.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have three options in case you end up hating it. Normally you have a week or two to return the vehicle if not satisfied, you can lease it and if you end up liking it then you can buy it in the end or turn it in and lease or buy a 2024 (3 years after lease) or you can sell it if you end up disliking it. Just some ideas ?
You have one more.... Test drive it before you buy it. When it's delivered.

For some, might be hard to back out at that point, but you can still walk away from it
Sponsored