First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would be lying if i said this didnt make me a bit nervous since its already having issues. To top it off ford dealership told me they wouldnt even be able to look at it till October.....called corporate to try to figure something out and they told me there is nothing they could do. asked if they would approve a loaner car until issue was fixed and they said needs diagnostic scan done first. Since i know that doesnt take much time i asked the dealership if they could run the scan so that i could get a loaner car and again they told me nope not till October. I have purchased two cars from this dealership...
Whats the point of having a factory warranty if you dont have people to fix the cars lol. Going to tackle this issue myself though. I believe coil B is 2nd from the top towards the windshield correct?

Ford Bronco Coil failure 8k miles in. 1000024580
Sponsored

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why do you have to wait until October? Is the dealership out of appointments till then? Is there another service center you can go to?

TCB-1

Black Diamond
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Black Diamond, '06 Scion xB, '61 Impala
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford will enter the chat to help :sarcasm:

I’d be upset too. Especially after Ford Corporate basically told you to kick sand 😡

OP
OP

Cold summers

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why do you have to wait until October? Is the dealership out of appointments till then? Is there another service center you can go to?
Yeah every dealership is at least 1 and half months out.. its ridiculous. And ford care will only tow to the nearest ford dealership. Which is the one thats 3 months out. Thank god i got tow insurance or this situation would be even more sour, gotta be honest i think they have lost me as a customer for life after this. The lack of caring about how i could now be carless for more than 3 months on a car thats practically brand new really let me down. For the kind of money we spend on these things they should be able to work something out.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Coil failure is somewhat rare. (not saying it can't happen) However, that code commonly comes up with rodent damage. You may want to check under the hood and just verify there are no wires chewed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cold summers

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford will enter the chat to help :sarcasm:

I’d be upset too. Especially after Ford Corporate basically told you to kick sand 😡
Yeah its unbelievable, i have spent near 100k there in the last 3 years. Now i dont think they will get a penny of my business. I understand that ford has a reputation for being unreliable at times but i was always okay with it because i trusted that ford as a company would make things right and fix the issues in a timely fashion, i think i was off the mark on that one.

OP
OP

Cold summers

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Coil failure is somewhat rare. (not saying it can't happen) However, that code commonly comes up with rodent damage. You may want to check under the hood and just verify there are no wires chewed.
Is that a common thing? Car was used daily

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Coil failure 8k miles in. 1000024580
would be lying if i said this didnt make me a bit nervous since its already having issues. To top it off ford dealership told me they wouldnt even be able to look at it till October.....called corporate to try to figure something out and they told me there is nothing they could do. asked if they would approve a loaner car until issue was fixed and they said needs diagnostic scan done first. Since i know that doesnt take much time i asked the dealership if they could run the scan so that i could get a loaner car and again they told me nope not till October. I have purchased two cars from this dealership...
Whats the point of having a factory warranty if you dont have people to fix the cars lol. Going to tackle this issue myself though. I believe coil B is 2nd from the top towards the windshield correct?
Coil "B" should be the #2 cylinder. On 2.3 that's 2nd from the front. on 2.7 it's 2nd on passenger side (I believe...haven't worked on one in a while). Literally takes a few seconds to change. May want to inspect the spark plug on that hole as well. Coils were a CONSTANT failure point years ago, but they have improved dramatically in recent years

OP
OP

Cold summers

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Really depends where you live.
I live in NY but i dont see very many rodents besides squirrels, worst case scenario how would i go about repairing that? Do they sell individual wire harnesses for each coil?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Cold summers

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Coil "B" should be the #2 cylinder. On 2.3 that's 2nd from the front. on 2.7 it's 2nd on passenger side (I believe...haven't worked on one in a while). Literally takes a few seconds to change. May want to inspect the spark plug on that hole as well. Coils were a CONSTANT failure point years ago, but they have improved dramatically in recent years
Thanks boss will do! I watched a video earlier where they guy was giving a decent tip, clean out the the hole before removing the spark plug, had a huge amount of corrosion in there in his video

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in NY but i dont see very many rodents besides squirrels, worst case scenario how would i go about repairing that? Do they sell individual wire harnesses for each coil?
Squirrels can do a lot of damage also. As far as the repair, it would really depend on where/how bad it is. But yes, you can get an individual pigtail connector if you need to and just wire it in.

OP
OP

Cold summers

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Squirrels can do a lot of damage also. As far as the repair, it would really depend on where/how bad it is. But yes, you can get an individual pigtail connector if you need to and just wire it in.
Really wish they had a block sheild or and engine cover on these, thanks for the info!

OP
OP

Cold summers

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Coil failure 8k miles in. 1000024588
i think you're right. Blue wire is completely broken. Is this repairable? Can you link the part i would need?

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah every dealership is at least 1 and half months out.. its ridiculous.
Dealers are challenged by an inability to find knowledgeable or capable techs, as well as the sh$$ty Ford parts supply chain.

It's not "every" dealer though. My local Ford dealer (Malloy in Winchester, VA) has been taking appointments almost immediately, and has been very responsive with regular service and repairs.

IMHO it pays to shop around.
Sponsored