Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First time owner had it for about a week:
Parked it yesterday after running it all morning, about 3 hours later went to start it, the computer gave me every error code under the sun and the engine wouldn’t start. No if I don’t leave the negative battery terminal off it will randomly keep trying to start itself since during all this I also accidentally locked me keys in car, the engine is also constantly humming. Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Parked it yesterday after running it all morning, about 3 hours later went to start it, the computer gave me every error code under the sun and the engine wouldn’t start. No if I don’t leave the negative battery terminal off it will randomly keep trying to start itself since during all this I also accidentally locked me keys in car, the engine is also constantly humming. Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

eblackmanicus

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Hi Kevin. Your story sounds eerily similar to mine. I purchased my 2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak at the end of January 2023. One week later (only 117 miles), it was driving fine all morning and 30 minutes later when I went to restart it, it gave me every error code under the sun and wouldn't start. Was told by the dealer it was a faulty engine control module (ECM). Due to a chip shortage, my brand new vehicle has been sitting at the dealership for over 45 days thus far (with no end in sight). I had even paid a $10k premium/upcharge to the dealership when I purchased the vehicle due to the scarcity of Broncos. I paid $75k+ for a lemon that I was barely able to drive for a week but haven't seen since, and I'm still making payments on. It's been a nightmare. How was your situation resolved?

Sponsored

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi Kevin. Your story sounds eerily similar to mine. I purchased my 2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak at the end of January 2023. One week later (only 117 miles), it was driving fine all morning and 30 minutes later when I went to restart it, it gave me every error code under the sun and wouldn't start. Was told by the dealer it was a faulty engine control module (ECM). Due to a chip shortage, my brand new vehicle has been sitting at the dealership for over 45 days thus far (with no end in sight). I had even paid a $10k premium/upcharge to the dealership when I purchased the vehicle due to the scarcity of Broncos. I paid $75k+ for a lemon that I was barely able to drive for a week but haven't seen since, and I'm still making payments on. It's been a nightmare. How was your situation resolved?
I purchased a brand new 2022 Big Bend on 2/4 and it died on drive home from the dealership with less than 200 miles on it. It cut out twice earlier in the drive too. First said it was battery junction box due to fuel pump and injectors codes. Dealer bought one from another dealer since they werent available from Ford. Replaced it and still issues. Needed new PCM. Got it back on 3/3. They pulled a new PCM from the assembly line and sent it to the dealer. You have to call Ford Customer Relations and make a stink. I was calling them on average 3 times a week.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Interesting!

I am pretty sure that most of us at one time or another have grounded to an existing ground in the engine bay without issue.

My guess is that they use the same ground BUT never tighten the bolt and thus it came loose and your Wildtrak went crazy.

UPDATE: dealer installed rigid pod lights to a shared ground and it shorted the computer systems. Be careful where you or installers tap grounds for accessories.
Sponsored