First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just curious, when did you do the first oil change? What filter currently, oil brand and type? Hope for the best on your situation.
I checked the oil level when I checked under the hood right after the failure. The oil level was good. There was also no oil on the ground at that time. I did attempt to start the engine once after checking things out. The sound was horrible and when the tow driver arrived there was a small amount of oil on the ground (guessing a quarter cup) not near the oil pan but from the passenger side of the engine.

First oil change at 1100 miles. I am anal and like to change my own oil so that I know that it is done correctly and it gives me a chance to look for other issues. I recently found 3 drops of fluid on my garage floor and it went to the dealer for a new rear transmission seal. No issues since, I have been checking.

I will get my engine details off the top when I visit the dealer after Christmas and I will update the issue.
Sponsored

AZBronc24

Heritage
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram, 2010 Camaro,
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I checked the oil level when I checked under the hood right after the failure. The oil level was good. There was also no oil on the ground at that time. I did attempt to start the engine once after checking things out. The sound was horrible and when the tow driver arrived there was a small amount of oil on the ground (guessing a quarter cup) not near the oil pan but from the passenger side of the engine.

First oil change at 1100 miles. I am anal and like to change my own oil so that I know that it is done correctly and it gives me a chance to look for other issues. I recently found 3 drops of fluid on my garage floor and it went to the dealer for a new rear transmission seal. No issues since, I have been checking.

I will get my engine details off the top when I visit the dealer after Christmas and I will update the issue.
I see, I was wondering what oil and filter?
I plan on doing the same thing as you. First oil change at 1000 miles. Then a Wix oil filter and HPL 100 % Synthetic oil.

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see, I was wondering what oil and filter?
I plan on doing the same thing as you. First oil change at 1000 miles. Then a Wix oil filter and HPL 100 % Synthetic oil.
I only use motorcraft oil and filters. The motorcraft oil is a synthetic blend.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2023 Bronco Wildtrak. I have owned 12 months this month with 12k miles. 2 hours from home on an 8 hour trip to see family for Christmas when a knocking noise starts but no feedback in steering wheel. Immediately pulled over and engine died. Cluster lit up like a Christmas tree (bad pun). Everything appeared ok under the truck and hood. Tried to start but it sounded horrible so I stopped. I did notice a puddle of oil under the truck when the tow truck driver arrived. I was fortunate to be about an hour from my daughter so we borrowed a car that I gave her for college and pushed on.
The truck will not get attention until after Christmas but I think I am looking at a new engine. I waited 2 years, drive it for 1 year. Sad but counting my blessings. I hope that everyone else has much better Christmas.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  
Sponsored