🛠 5/8/2023 Build Week Group

unclefrankisabigjerk

Wildtrak
First Name
HeyitsmeUrNeybr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray Bronco Wildtrak (2.7L, Auto)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Picked ‘er up yesterday. Took fam for a drive last night. Got my first windshield rock chip and crack forming within 5 hours of taking possession of it. ☹ Also discovered several plastic shroud fasteners are missing from the drivers side rear wheel well and there’s what appears to be overspray in the plastic panel between drivers side door and the passenger door behind it. I thought it was just crappy wash at the dealership.

Anyway all that aside… I’m stoked and having a blast. Tint, shackles, and Bronco script badge will go on this week. Maybe some wheel spacers for a modest bit of poke. And I’ll need to upgrade my bike rack to a swing away type or find a pivoting arm to handle that.

IMG_3330.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpeg

unclefrankisabigjerk

Wildtrak
First Name
HeyitsmeUrNeybr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took it on a CO trail today (road 68J, SW of Boulder) and the stock Wildtrak performance absolutely impressed me. Felt like I was cheating, but I’m also coming from a fully manual Jeep JK that wasn’t used heavily off-road, just occasional rough roads to reach trailheads.

The Bronco may have a few warts, but overall I’m very pleased with it as a ready-to-go off-road stock ride.

Pics here don’t do it justice and I’m not a hardcore off-roader but it handled everything really well with various GOAT modes and easy changes.

And yes I swapped out the Wildtrak badge for script which, to me, just looks way better. I think I’m also getting 1-2 HP extra at the wheel with that badge upgrade.

5C18B8B2-3A72-40A8-B8B0-78615021E08C.jpeg

8511FF2A-6A83-47DB-B942-4FC34D459B00.jpeg

IMG_3352.jpeg

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Took it on a CO trail today (road 68J, SW of Boulder) and the stock Wildtrak performance absolutely impressed me. Felt like I was cheating, but I’m also coming from a fully manual Jeep JK that wasn’t used heavily off-road, just occasional rough roads to reach trailheads.

The Bronco may have a few warts, but overall I’m very pleased with it as a ready-to-go off-road stock ride.

Pics here don’t do it justice and I’m not a hardcore off-roader but it handled everything really well with various GOAT modes and easy changes.

And yes I swapped out the Wildtrak badge for script which, to me, just looks way better. I think I’m also getting 1-2 HP extra at the wheel with that badge upgrade.

Ford Bronco 🛠 5/8/2023 Build Week Group IMG_3352

These pictures are amazing! We hope you're loving it :)

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Soo my build actually arrived at the dealership mid July while I was on vacation. Now Im back and after a week of finalizing all the documents, finalllyyyy the wait is over!!
Welcome to the Bronco family! It looks great :love:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Picked her up on Aug 4 and switched to the tube doors immediately. 😍😍😍

The white looks great! Hope you love it as much as we do! :)

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got mine too. Some paint damage and bubbles. Weird you talk about overspray. I will look underneath. There is what looks like VB paint splatter on my top and inside the rear glass. Someone sanded something off the top in the back corner too. Really weird. Mostly it was just filthy though! Super dusty even after two washes. I have been trying to clean it and looking for any other issues over the weekend.

Going back to the dealer to have the issues corrected tomorrow. Dunno how they can fix that top tho. I'll put up some pics when I get her back.

Hopefully the end to 3yrs of drama. Did the amdeets also in Indiana get hers?

unclefrankisabigjerk

Wildtrak
First Name
HeyitsmeUrNeybr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Danny's Bronco congrats on finally taking possession! Just curious, where did you notice paint defects/bubbling?

So the black plastic panel between front and rear doors' windows - where I had what I *think* was overspray - I managed to get it all cleaned off with an Arm & Hammer magic sponge (?). Normal wash mitt and cleaners couldn't get it done. Needed something a bit more abrasive. Might not have been paint but it wasn't just dirt either. Had a tan tone to it and there's nothing else on the Bronco that color. Curious if maybe my railcar got tagged with graffiti.

I hope your dealer gets your Broncos issues sorted out ASAP! I've gotta take mine in today for some follow-ups as well.

amdeets

Wildtrak
First Name
Ann-Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CARLESS!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got mine too. Some paint damage and bubbles. Weird you talk about overspray. I will look underneath. There is what looks like VB paint splatter on my top and inside the rear glass. Someone sanded something off the top in the back corner too. Really weird. Mostly it was just filthy though! Super dusty even after two washes. I have been trying to clean it and looking for any other issues over the weekend.

Going back to the dealer to have the issues corrected tomorrow. Dunno how they can fix that top tho. I'll put up some pics when I get her back.

Hopefully the end to 3yrs of drama. Did the amdeets also in Indiana get hers?
Mine came in late last week and I pick up tomorrow. Will post pics along with Price Protection report :)

Sponsored

amdeets

Wildtrak
First Name
Ann-Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CARLESS!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Mine came in late last week and I pick up tomorrow. Will post pics along with Price Protection report :)
Also I did go visit her (she’s gorgeous!!!) and the guy cleaning around the lot was a bit surprised to see me unlock her with my phone.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Danny's Bronco congrats on finally taking possession! Just curious, where did you notice paint defects/bubbling?

So the black plastic panel between front and rear doors' windows - where I had what I *think* was overspray - I managed to get it all cleaned off with an Arm & Hammer magic sponge (?). Normal wash mitt and cleaners couldn't get it done. Needed something a bit more abrasive. Might not have been paint but it wasn't just dirt either. Had a tan tone to it and there's nothing else on the Bronco that color. Curious if maybe my railcar got tagged with graffiti.

I hope your dealer gets your Broncos issues sorted out ASAP! I've gotta take mine in today for some follow-ups as well.
I don't know if bubble is the right word. If the paint were epoxy I was putting on a fishing rod I was building I would call them fish eyes. Not sure if painters use that word. It's like there was oil or dirt that the paint from sticking. Like it repelled the paint. The spot on the fender is like a little hole about the size of the tip of a pen. ThE hood on the bevel from the raised center section there is a dot that there's a ring around it that the paint is kind of dented. And there is a bump on the fender flare too.

Weird about your door piece. I Have a little blue spot on my T top. There was a bunch of white and maybe tan mud dried on my shitty plastic bumpers. I had to scrub it off with a blue scrub sponge. Maybe that is what was between your doors. Gravel dust feels like cement sometimes.

That's great Maybe we are almost all delivered

amdeets

Wildtrak
First Name
Ann-Marie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CARLESS!
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The eagle has landed!
For those wondering about PP, my dealer honored all of those (just under $5k) AND my rebate certificate ($2595) so I actually paid LESS than my original order. Can’t say enough about Pearson Ford in Indiana…this is my 5th car from them and they treat me like a queen 👑
Ford Bronco 🛠 5/8/2023 Build Week Group IMG_1087

Andrew72

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Silverado, 2022 corsair.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The eagle has landed!
For those wondering about PP, my dealer honored all of those (just under $5k) AND my rebate certificate ($2595) so I actually paid LESS than my original order. Can’t say enough about Pearson Ford in Indiana…this is my 5th car from them and they treat me like a queen 👑
IMG_1087.jpeg
Thats a Bad ass looking WIldtrak... COngrats.....

Ford Bronco 🛠 5/8/2023 Build Week Group 20230717_192925
Sponsored