Sponsored

Morimoto 4Banger LED Ditch Light System: FORD BRONCO (2021+) - installation guide / demo

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally got these installed and the guide edited. Very happy with the output of these. They aren’t cheap, but when you hold them, feel the quality, and see the output, you understand why. These compete with the Top-of-the-line Diode Dynamics. They call the 3 LED light a “4Banger” because it has the output of other brand’s 4 LED equivalent. After seeing them and other competitors in action, I can agree.
Ford Bronco Morimoto 4Banger LED Ditch Light System: FORD BRONCO (2021+) - installation guide / demo IMG_2195
Ford Bronco Morimoto 4Banger LED Ditch Light System: FORD BRONCO (2021+) - installation guide / demo IMG_2193
Ford Bronco Morimoto 4Banger LED Ditch Light System: FORD BRONCO (2021+) - installation guide / demo IMG_2267

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
These are nice! What were your options when narrowing them down with other brands?
It came down to Diode Dynamics or Morimoto - the design/build of both are great, but preferred Morimoto. And I installed / reviewed their headlights for my Wildtrak, which left me with a great impression of the quality.

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would like to know how these are vs the Baja Design.
You’ll have to search around for comps. Morimoto is gonna be tough to beat. Here is a comparison of it versus Diode Dynamics top product. And Morimoto does it it is significantly smaller form factor- just better optics.

Sponsored

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You’ll have to search around for comps. Morimoto is gonna be tough to beat. Here is a comparison of it versus Diode Dynamics top product. And Morimoto does it it is significantly smaller form factor- just better optics.

I would like to see the build of them vs DD and Baja Designs. They look good. (y)

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have 1Bangers, 2Bangers, 4Bangers and BigBangers on my Bronco. They are THE light to get IMO. Spring for the HXB, I've had both and they're worth the extra money over the NCS models.

Friend of mine has Baja Designs on his truck and every time he kicks them on I think "That's it?" Granted i don't know the exact model lights he's using. Maybe they are just the "Sport" models.

I put DD SS3 Pros on a couple of our work trucks. Those are a great light too but I prefer my 4Bangers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, the build quality - I can’t really imagine how you could build it better. And the design - formfactor - the best. I show the brightness in my video in original post. They are seriously bright.

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey 2fast4u,
Here is a little Info on our Ford Squadron Sport A-Pillar Light Kit - Ford 2021-23 Bronco only priced at $325.95.

Baja Designs A pillar Solution

- 3,162 Lumens Per light

- 2.2 Amps per light

- 30 watts

- Driving combo Lenses and Wide Cornering Lenses included in the kit.

Morimoto A pillar Solution Priced at $400.00

- 1,350 Lumens per light

-1.5 Amps per light

-15.6 watts

Our Friends over @4x4TruckLEDs.com have a very great video I would recommend checking out. Squadron A pillar Video

As you can see Baja Designs Lighting Solution is the superior lighting package that you can get for the price.

Best,

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Baja Designs Squadron Sport Wide: 3,162 lumen
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Wide: 4,095 lumen
Baja Designs does not list actual lux output in their specs.

Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport SAE Fog: 2,262 lumen (106 lux at 10m)
Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro SAE Fog: 5,796 lumen (119 lux at 10m)
Diode Dynamics SS3 Max SAE Fog: 7,920 lumen (180 lux at 10m)

Morimoto 4Banger NCS Wide: 1,350 lumen (124 lux at 10m)
Morimoto 4Banger HXB Wide: 3,000 lumen (210 lux at 10m)

Baja Designs has the BEST quality light. They used to be assembled in the USA but have recently moved manufacturing to Mexico. They have a lifetime warranty. Sports are $249.95 and Pros are $429.95

Diode Dynamics has the most bang for your buck in our opinion. Optional back-lighting in their SS3 and the sports start at $200. They carry an 8 year warranty and are assembled in the USA. Their finishing quality isn't as high in quality as Baja Designs. Sports are $200, Pros are $300, Max are $500.

Morimoto uses 3 diodes which are different then everybody else with 4 diodes. Morimoto lights pack a lot of light but the housing GETS VERY HOT (which worries us in all honesty). They are made in China and have a lifetime warranty. Their finish is about the same quality as you'd find with Diode Dynamics. Their NCS are $300 and the HXB are $500.

So Morimoto will give you the most light when you calculate output per LED diode in the housing. They are a bit different as they are a 3 diode housing which is a rectangle and not a square like Baja and Diode are. So it's a bit different. They also have limited lens options, having only Spot, Combo and Wide. Baja has Spot, Combo, Wide and Work/Scene (Flood). Diode Dynamics has Spot, Combo, Wide (Fog), Flood and Driving.

Baja Designs Combo is a Spot and a Wide pattern.
Diode Dynamics Combo is a Driving and Flood pattern.
Morimotos Combo is a a Spot and Wide pattern although they cut some of the lens in half towards the upper center to do that, whereas Diode and Baja simply utilize 2 quadrants for 1 pattern and 2 quadrants for another pattern (since it's a 4 quadrant lens, compared to Morimotos 3 quadrant).

Hopefully that gives you guys some info from someone who sells all 3 brands.

Basically, if you're going to USE your Bronco and hit the trails we recommend Baja Designs. If you are a mall crawler or running the kids to soccer... go for Diode Dynamics. If you want something "Different" go for the Morimotos.

Our Bronco is outfit top to bottom with Diode Dynamics. Our F150 truck is outfit with Baja Designs (and Diode Dynamics headlights/fog lights).

Our Bronco used to be outfit with Baja Designs but we switched it up with Diode Dynamics to try out their products and to hook everything up for back-lighting (which is very popular within the Diode Dynamics family, to get the back-lighting since people love that feature).

Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Baja Designs Squadron Sport Wide: 3,162 lumen
Baja Designs Squadron Pro Wide: 4,095 lumen
Baja Designs does not list actual lux output in their specs.

Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport SAE Fog: 2,262 lumen (106 lux at 10m)

Baja Designs has the BEST quality light. They used to be assembled in the USA but have recently moved manufacturing to Mexico. They have a lifetime warranty. Sports are $249.95 and Pros are $429.95

Diode Dynamics has the most bang for your buck in our opinion. Optional back-lighting in their SS3 and the sports start at $200. They carry an 8 year warranty and are assembled in the USA. Their finishing quality isn't as high in quality as Baja Designs. Sports are $200, Pros are $300, Max are $500.

Morimoto uses 3 diodes which are different then everybody else with 4 diodes. Morimoto lights pack a lot of light but the housing GETS VERY HOT (which worries us in all honesty). They are made in China and have a lifetime warranty. Their finish is about the same quality as you'd find with Diode Dynamics. Their NCS are $300 and the HXB are $500.

So Morimoto will give you the most light when you calculate output per LED diode in the housing. They are a bit different as they are a 3 diode housing which is a rectangle and not a square like Baja and Diode are. So it's a bit different. They also have limited lens options, having only Spot, Combo and Wide. Baja has Spot, Combo, Wide and Work/Scene (Flood). Diode Dynamics has Spot, Combo, Wide (Fog), Flood and Driving.

Baja Designs Combo is a Spot and a Wide pattern.
Diode Dynamics Combo is a Driving and Flood pattern.
Morimotos Combo is a a Spot and Wide pattern although they cut some of the lens in half towards the upper center to do that, whereas Diode and Baja simply utilize 2 quadrants for 1 pattern and 2 quadrants for another pattern (since it's a 4 quadrant lens, compared to Morimotos 3 quadrant).

Hopefully that gives you guys some info from someone who sells all 3 brands.

Basically, if you're going to USE your Bronco and hit the trails we recommend Baja Designs. If you are a mall crawler or running the kids to soccer... go for Diode Dynamics. If you want something "Different" go for the Morimotos.

Our Bronco is outfit top to bottom with Diode Dynamics. Our F150 truck is outfit with Baja Designs (and Diode Dynamics headlights/fog lights).

Our Bronco used to be outfit with Baja Designs but we switched it up with Diode Dynamics to try out their products and to hook everything up for back-lighting (which is very popular within the Diode Dynamics family, to get the back-lighting since people love that feature).
Very helpful, thank you. When I make my purchase, it will be through your store.

OP
OP
Aviator

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can absolutely “hit the trail” with Morimoto’s.

cobralsc

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Mini / 01 Viper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why is the lumens double yet the lux is lower?

Sponsored