Sponsored

351W-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1969 Bronco, 2001 Excursion (7.3L)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just need to figure out if this brace might interfere with my J-Tops bimini sunshade.
Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the discerning information and elevating the information.

There have been some other posts on this thread about wanting to see 3rd party crash testing. OMG could you imagine all the Bronco's they would have to crash and the prices for that level of product development? LOL Thankfully we have experienced craftsman and engineers to NOT reinvent the wheel over and over.
Cheers.

That said, I would like to see this industry, and many others, do more real Engineering. That includes adopting more Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) and more testing as well. In this case it wouldn't be hard to do some basic chassis torsional stiffness testing with a forklift.

Last edited:

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just need to figure out if this brace might interfere with my J-Tops bimini sunshade.
I have the JTops as well. For a soft top, the JTop goes underneath the piece that is in the middle, I would think that their piece goes over that as well.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the JTops as well. For a soft top, the JTop goes underneath the piece that is in the middle, I would think that their piece goes over that as well.
I just installed my dual top Jtops. I believe this piece will go under all bimini hardware.
My concern is how this mounts to the hardtop bracket. If this raises that bracket , along with the JTop top, then I’ll have to pass.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think there are a lot of j-top Bimini owners. Seems like this should work. But it does increase the vertical a bit. @GoatFab the jtop Bimini installs under the Bronco hardtop bracket. Adds about 1/8” or 3/16” (at most) thickness under the hardtop bracket. Actually couldn’t be more than 1/8”. And it compresses a bit when the HT bracket is tightened down.

This is a great solution for rollover safety and stiffness.

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think there are a lot of j-top Bimini owners. Seems like this should work. But it does increase the vertical a bit. @GoatFab the jtop Bimini installs under the Bronco hardtop bracket. Adds about 1/8” or 3/16” (at most) thickness under the hardtop bracket. Actually couldn’t be more than 1/8”. And it compresses a bit when the HT bracket is tightened down.

This is a great solution for rollover safety and stiffness.
Hey guys you’re right the bracket is on top of the shade. It barely changes the height and will not cause any issues with hard top panels.
if it does it means the plate is not shifted forward enough. Every instance of causing a slight gap will be fixed with the plate in the forward position..
I hope this helps.
Mike

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_7255
Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) IMG_6055

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
GOAT Fab Cage Stiffener System

We are very close to having this ready for release and wanted to share all the details.

To be clear we are not offering this as an upgrade to crash testing or NTSB ratings.

At launch the GOAT Fabrication Cage Stiffener System is compatible with the 4-Door Bronco with:

Hardtop
Softtop
JT Top Bimini

It does not interfere with drivers as tall as 6’6”.

The system will be a modular design with distinct parts.

The first part available will be the Cage Cross Brace that ties the cage together across the width of the vehicle using factory provisions. It comes with both a white and red LED light and mounting hardware, and will be available in black texture powdercoat and bare steel. It is a clamshell design made of CNC laser-cut steel adding up to a ¼” of thickness. This product stiffens the cage, increases rigidity and helps eliminate rattling. It is intended for offroad use.

Launch pricing on this item will be $395 for the powdercoated version and $370 for bare steel, with free shipping.

We’ll have more details on the Rear Center Section and Rear Cross Brace pieces of the system soon, as well as a release date for the Cage Cross Brace.

Thank you

Last edited:

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

GOAT Fab Cage Stiffener System

We are very close to having this ready for release and wanted to share all the details.

To be clear we are not offering this as an upgrade to crash testing or NTSB ratings.

At launch the GOAT Fabrication Cage Stiffener System is compatible with the 4-Door Bronco with:

Hardtop
Softtop
JT Top Bimini

It does not interfere with drivers as tall as 6’6”.

The system will be a modular design with distinct parts.

The first part available will be the Cage Cross Brace that ties the cage together across the width of the vehicle using factory provisions. It comes with both a white and red LED light and mounting hardware, and will be available in black texture powdercoat and bare steel. It is a clamshell design made of CNC laser-cut steel adding up to a ¼” of thickness. This product stiffens the cage, increases rigidity and helps eliminate rattling. It is intended for offroad use.

Pricing on this item will be $395 for the powdercoated version and $370 for bare steel, with free shipping.

We’ll have more details on the Rear Center Section and Rear Cross Brace pieces of the system soon, as well as a release date for the Cage Cross Brace.

Thank you
When can you order?

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When can you order?

OP
OP
GoatFab

GoatFab

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Rear support brace first cut, no real info yet. We still need to form and finish.
Just the concept start and hope to have more info later this week with connection points and the other component details.

Thanks

Adam
Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) 20231010_172314

Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) 20231010_172140

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Rear support brace first cut, no real info yet. We still need to form and finish.
Just the concept start and hope to have more info later this week with connection points and the other component details.

Thanks

Adam
Ford Bronco GOAT Fabrication Factory Cage Roll Bar Reinforcement System (cage tie) 20231010_172140

Nice! This wont fit with my SSV 6.5 in the rear but makes me wanna take them out lol.

outofstep

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cheers.

That said, I would like to see this industry, and many others, do more real Engineering. That includes adopting more Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) and more testing as well. In this case it wouldn't be hard to do some basic chassis torsional stiffness testing with a forklift.
If using CAE/CAD then just do an FEA and call it a day. That's above and beyond what 99% of the aftermarket does, but is actually trivially simple to do.

Eta - saw another comment of yours in the thread. You don't need a full and approved model from Ford to due an approximation. The parts catalog provides more than enough info to do a very close assessment. However in the case of this particular part, I don't think that's needed. It's an open box, it can use all the help it can get.

Last edited:

outofstep

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So have you tested this for better protection in a roll over? And for less vibration in cab? Ford used some of strongest material to make it as strong as possible. Can you show us how this is needed?
This is an absurd question.

Do you know how much any collision testing costs? . I'd bet dollars to donuts Ford did ZERO rollover testing on the raptor for the sole purpose of just testing out the crossbars. Thinking that ANY aftermarket supplier would do such testing for a low volume, low price part, is just silly

Pro tip from an engineer: squaring/crossmembering an open box always helps with rigidity/flex. I need all of zero data from GOAT Fabrication to tell you it will help.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If using CAE/CAD then just do an FEA and call it a day. That's above and beyond what 99% of the aftermarket does, but is actually trivially simple to do.

Eta - saw another comment of yours in the thread. You don't need a full and approved model from Ford to due an approximation. The parts catalog provides more than enough info to do a very close assessment. However in the case of this particular part, I don't think that's needed. It's an open box, it can use all the help it can get.
Largely disagree here. it's not even close to trivial nor simple.

1. Where would one get the CAD model for a Bronco? You can't just model the brace but need to model a significant portion of the entire vehicle - THEN ADD THE BRACE.
2. Scanning the vehicle would be prohibitively complex. Even if you resorted to scanning on the body, it would have to be mostly stripped. Then you would have to worry about all of the material thicknesses, many of which you couldn't measure (all enclosed beams).
3. For a simple stiffness or modal analysis you would not need non-linear material properties, but for a roll-over or and type of crash analysis you would and these are not going to be publicly available and would have to be obtained by testing.

Nothing needed here could come from a parts catalog...

Yes, again, the body is an open box - this design will help with both stifness and crash performance. How much is the critical question and the only easy and low cost way to adresses stiffness only, is the articulation test with some additional measurements.

Yes, FEA is beyond what 99% of the aftermarket does, and this is unfortunate. Also, when the parts have a structural and safety impact, the more professional engineering that can be done the better.

outofstep

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Largely disagree here. it's not even close to trivial nor simple.

1. Where would one get the CAD model for a Bronco? You can't just model the brace but need to model a significant portion of the entire vehicle - THEN ADD THE BRACE.
2. Scanning the vehicle would be prohibitively complex. Even if you resorted to scanning on the body, it would have to be mostly stripped. Then you would have to worry about all of the material thicknesses, many of which you couldn't measure (all enclosed beams).
3. For a simple stiffness or modal analysis you would not need non-linear material properties, but for a roll-over or and type of crash analysis you would and these are not going to be publicly available and would have to be obtained by testing.

Nothing needed here could come from a parts catalog...

Yes, again, the body is an open box - this design will help with both stifness and crash performance. How much is the critical question and the only easy and low cost way to adresses stiffness only, is the articulation test with some additional measurements.

Yes, FEA is beyond what 99% of the aftermarket does, and this is unfortunate. Also, when the parts have a structural and safety impact, the more professional engineering that can be done the better.
Fords online spare parts cataloge literally gives you everything you need to all but auto-generate a FEM mesh of all the primary structures. You don't need to model the entire body/vehicle if you're just measuring torsion/flex/whatever in the primary tub across the mount points.

This is bog standard analysis when assessing foreign... systems... and estimating what their dynamics could be. Scalar build from reference imagery, mask, analyze. The ford online catalog would make this task exceedingly easy- scalar isometric views of almost everything.

An articulation test would be easy, I just think a FEA would be faster (based on stuff I do). As in "guys, here's the part numbers. Go model and crank me out a structural analysis by the end of the day" type easy.

The whole rollover/crash test part of the discussio people are having is just... stupid.
Sponsored