Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey guys,

I bought my 2023 Raptor Bronco about 2 weeks ago and didn’t get the factory master code. Dealer told me today they can’t help me. They claim the device is aftermarket yet the window sticker shows the accessory. The dealer tried to scan it today.

73024819735__5D066FD8-E2A7-4A52-90E1-86FDDA43AAFB.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kom2

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The keypad is a dealer install, from a Ford part. Tell them you want to file a warranty claim.
Interesting. I could see 4 techs standing there with a scan tool. They gave up after about 30 mins.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interesting. I could see 4 techs standing there with a scan tool. They gave up after about 30 mins.
At least with the Standard Broncos, none were shipped from the factory with them attached.

OP
OP

Kom2

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
At least with the Standard Broncos, none were shipped from the factory with them attached.
Thanks for sharing! That’s awesome.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What were they trying to scan? Do you have the keypad on side of the door and the master keycode was not supplied? I presume you checked your glove compartment. As mentioned above, the keypad is a dealer install. You already paid for it.

OP
OP

Kom2

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What were they trying to scan? Do you have the keypad on side of the door and the master keycode was not supplied? I presume you checked your glove compartment. As mentioned above, the keypad is a dealer install. You already paid for it.
Let me clarify. Certified pre-owned unit. Like 7k miles. No card where the original owner obviously kept it. I’ve got nothing.

it was my understanding they could get the master code from the OBD2 port?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Let me clarify. Certified pre-owned unit. Like 7k miles. No card where the original owner obviously kept it. I’ve got nothing.

it was my understanding they could get the master code from the OBD2 port?
Gotcha. Yeah, I don't think a code can be retrieved. Likely have to install another. @Ducati1098 Am I right?

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think what they will tell you is that you need to get a new keypad. They are "disposable" now with a battery, and just held on with VHB tape. If/when the battery dies - the procedure is just to replace it with a new one anyway, so it would get a new card / master code and would need to be re-programmed with FDRS.

When they were built into the doors there was a way to retrieve the code with FDRS I think. I don't know that they retained that with the new disposable design - but possibly (I don't know why they would necessarily remove it, but these things don't always make sense)

Also, check the fuse panel under the steering wheel. There is often a card tucked there. I don't think it will work with your keypad, but worth checking to see if they stuck the card for the keypad there as well.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One day we will stump @Ducati1098 with a question. :unsure:

One day, but today's not that day.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If 4 techs at a Ford dealer can not figure out how to install a Ford accessory, find another dealer.
Instruction are easily found online on how to program a keyless pad. You should be able to do it yourself if you have both factory keyfobs.
Edit to add...
I found some info on other posts/places that Ford removed the ability to DIY install these for the 2019 and newer vehicles. It seems it now REQUIRES IDS or FRDS. If the dealer is going to charge shop rates to "figure it out", it's probably cheaper to just buy a new one and have them install that, Ford probably should have a pretty minimal install time for flat rate on it. The plastic cover that is painted to match the body can be swapped to the new one.
Apologies for inaccurate information. My opinion still stands about finding a different dealer though, that's pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kom2

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model