Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So if I want to switch to Stephens, will they be able to tell me where I stand in their reservation order? I ordered within the first 12 hours so hopefully no issue with this allocation bs.

Btw: Everything Ford has done so far is amateur hour and a major turn off.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So if I want to switch to Stephens, will they be able to tell me where I stand in their reservation order? I ordered within the first 12 hours so hopefully no issue with this allocation bs.

Btw: Everything Ford has done so far is amateur hour and a major turn off.
I would think they should be able to tell you, though I don't know if that is right away or after ordering opens up.

And I agree, this shit is getting annoying from Ford.

Double check with them to make sure their deal stands.

Albert I don't think has come out publicly, but he did tell me in DM that the Granger deal still stands. That's why I say just make sure with Stephen's.

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MSRP. I wish it were invoice
Eh, it's still....not super bad?

I'm not super busted up about x-plan; it wasn't going to save me a ton of money. Supposedly Van Bortel up in Rochester is doing invoice, but I haven't heard anything from that thread in awhile. At this point, Stephens might be the move.

It's still a 9 hour drive, but eh. Still a better deal than Friendly Ford in Poughkeepsie.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Eh, it's still....not super bad?

I'm not super busted up about x-plan; it wasn't going to save me a ton of money. Supposedly Van Bortel up in Rochester is doing invoice, but I haven't heard anything from that thread in awhile. At this point, Stephens might be the move.

It's still a 9 hour drive, but eh. Still a better deal than Friendly Ford in Poughkeepsie.
Bowens in CT. is invoice too.. Need to confirm.
Even if you do a Base it's still something like $500 or $800... I forget which. And also, Squatch package... Auto trans... V6... All that stuff would've fallen under x-plan as well. The big thing is also the limit on doc fees.
So yeah it kinda sucks. But we'll refocus and after B&P drops go and see if any dealers want to play ball.

Sponsored

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bowens in CT. is invoice too.. Need to confirm.
Even if you do a Base it's still something like $500 or $800... I forget which. And also, Squatch package... Auto trans... V6... All that stuff would've fallen under x-plan as well. The big thing is also the limit on doc fees.
So yeah it kinda sucks. But we'll refocus and after B&P drops go and see if any dealers want to play ball.
At this point, I'm gravitating towards a Manual Basesquatch with maaaaaaaaaybe a couple add-ons, so while it sucks, it didn't really seem like x plan was gonna do a lot for me.

I totally forgot about Bowen's over in CT; that wouldn't be a bad drive at all from where I live, cuz I-84 is essentially in my backyard lol

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

CT doc fees can be up to $700 with avg around $405 - keep that in mind. NY at MSRP and $75 doc fee seeming like the only game in town at this point. Still concerned about the post sale stuff and the dealers playing fuck-fuck with that...big markup on extended warranty claiming brand completely new vehicle with too many unknowns etc, then the finance and NO special offers - like not even Ford credit loyalty discount etc.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All I know is that we need confirmations of OUT THE DOOR prices in writing after B&P go live.... this string and group just got a whole lot more valuable in cutting down the time needed to go dealer by dealer. We may need to revisit some as well

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The no X Plan deal sounds like a capitulation to big-dealer pressure. I feel like corporate Ford believes the dealers are their customers. I know that dealers are their actual customers, but without us, the cars would sit on lots and the dealers would go out of business. For the first time I am not 100% sure on buying a Bronco. Thanks Ford for reminding me you're run by a bunch of out-of-touch suits who couldn't care less if they're making automobiles or washing machines.

I don't want want to play games with a dealer. I don't want to haggle over doc fees, unwanted extras, or any other hidden gotchas. If this was big-dealer pressure, well, they lost my purchase. Putting my $65k towards a restomod IH Scout is sounding better and better...

If I do go ahead with a Bronco purchase, it will be from Granger. From what I've read, all I need to provide is a check and a shipping address. This will get me the least stressful and time consuming transaction, and the Bronco will end up wherever is most convenient for me next year.

Bogibney1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 explorer xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does transferring to the iowa or west Virginia deal now put is to the bottom of the list? Or does our reservation bump us up to where it would be chronologically?

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't want want to play games with a dealer. I don't want to haggle over doc fees, unwanted extras, or any other hidden gotchas. If this was big-dealer pressure, well, they lost my purchase. Putting my $65k towards a restomod IH Scout is sounding better and better...
A Scout would certainly be cooler.

Whats the harm in building a sheet, then BCC'ing dealers with a "Give me your best price" speech? I would at least try that before throwing in the towel. Whats your estimated savings in a granger ship deal?

Salia

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S60 Polestar, Mazda CX-9, Mazda Miata NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Salia, Does this still apply?
I’ll try and find out, but I’m out if this is the way Ford treats its customers. I’ve never owned a Ford before, but have been treated extraordinarily well by other dealers and manufacturers, including on popular new models. i Was going to go big on options on a bad lands squatch. I bet I can get a nice rubicon at that price point with some nice aftermarket add ons. This is total BS, and if x plan is out, so am I. Are you listening, Ford?

Last edited:

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Scout would certainly be cooler.

Whats the harm in building a sheet, then BCC'ing dealers with a "Give me your best price" speech? I would at least try that before throwing in the towel. Whats your estimated savings in a granger ship deal?
The problem is the dealers have all the cards AFTER the order. Promise whatever they want when you place the order and then they can tell you at time of final paperwork that its $5k more and say take it or leave it and just put it on the lot. Happened with a few Corvette buyers on the new platform. Ford just took away any assurance we had.
Need a dealer to weigh in on this to find out how to 100% avoid the scenario.... not saying people in the NE are a bunch of crooks..... owww wait THATS EXACTLY WHAT I'M SAYING!!!

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree with the sentiment around the room, it was a dick move for Ford to yank that from us (and yes, I think it's big dealer related).

But, beyond that, this isn't the end of the world for me. Granger & Stephen's & The Texas dealership (with the friend's dad being GM) are all exceptions to the rule. Awesome deals, but few and far between. If we all walked into a dealership today looking for a new Explorer (pretend we didn't know about x-plan), we'd all be haggling our asses off to get the best deal. Said deal probably even be over invoice, but below MSRP. So what they really did was take our safety net away, and yes, that part SUCKS!

So with that out of the way, we'll wait on B&P, get a few builds together, and hit the pavement once again. Our poll has over 200 (I think) responses. Our survey has 67 responses, we still have numbers on our side, and with all this information out there, who knows, maybe some dealers will change their tune.
Sponsored