Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was lucky enough to be invited by Ford to hang out with the Badlands Overland Concept at the Moab4x4 Expo. They gave me a whopping 30 minutes with it (that I turned into 45 minutes) and this video is the result.

This is the best walkaround video I have seen yet. Thanks, @justinbmcbride.
Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re really shoving this overland model down our throats huh? I would rather they just show us achievable 2021MY rigs from the factory and let me determine what ridiculous, street-illegal gear I’ll bolt onto it.

Said this the exact moment you posted!

I would rather have them show us REAL builds or rigs... no more frankenstein concepts, prototypes or unachievable fantasy rigs...

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
CORRECTION TO EVERYBODY SAYING IT DOSN'T HAVE THE SASQUATCH
It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.
Then your Ford Handler is directly contradicting what the other Ford Handler said at the event where this was unveiled. They said specifically that it is a Badlands (Which is close to a Squatch but not 100%) suspension and we're able to get 35's under it without rubbing. They said specifically that it was not the full ride height of a Squatch. So Ford needs to train their handlers better lol. They are confusing everyone. Just by looking at photos (Which means absolutely nothing lol) I would say the first handler is right. It definitely doesn't have the same ride height as the rest of the squatches we've seen or like what was said above, the weight on this is dragging it down which would not be a good sign. Thanks for the great walkthrough though!

Last edited:

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This DOES NOT have the FULL Sasquatch package . It has everything except the lift . Looked under it and discussed with the reps at the east coast event . It is apparent when you look at the suspension . Stock BL with aftermarket wheels and 35" tires .

My god , this is why there is so much confusion ,LOL
Yes, I don't know why this is so difficult. This was 100% confirmed the day it came out. SOOO much wrong and misinformation on here it drives me crazy.

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for showing the side mirror camera's and rear tailgate camera in handle...I didn't know about these. Bummer on no cup holders in rear though. It would've been nice if the center section of the rear seat folded down into an armrest/cup holder location (or pass through for trunk area).

Last edited:

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Badlands HAS front and rear lockers and HAS manual as an option. This build also has aftermarket wheels and 35" tires, not 315's. If it was a Sasquatch it wouldn't have manual as an option, it wouldn't have the roof rack as an option, and it would have the lift and the factory wheels/tires. Sorry but I completely disagree with the OP that this is a Sasquatch.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Sasquatch (this has been confirmed by Ford) on that build and the front trail camera gets an awesome view of the back/top of the Warn winch.....
1604075178046.png
Last time I looked at winches there was an option to either buy one with the motor offset to one side or it was adjustable, can't remember, but I know they sell those.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The question I have is the following, is the only addition to make it a Sasquatch on the Badlands the wider fender flares, wheels and tires? The reason I ask is because building a manual Badlands on the B&P you have the 4.7 rear, front/rear lockers and the badlands and Wildtrak are supposed to have the higher end HOSS suspension standard according to Fords brochure. Additionally, to add the Sasquatch to the Badlands is only a $2500 option, which is about what it would cost for upgraded wheels and tires in the after market.

The $2500 to add on Squatch to the Badlands gets you the Wheels , tires , wider flares AND the 4.7 rear gearing .

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm heading down to Moab tomorrow morning and you've given me some things to look out for! If I see cup holders, I'll let you know! :cool:
I was told a month ago that you only get rear cupholders with the flip down center arm rest. I have only ever seen the flip down center arm rest on an outer banks with leather. The build and price doesn't show it anywhere, and I'm not sure if it's the outerbanks, or leather that gets you the armrest, or if it even is still a thing.

Jakethesnake

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GX470. 2002 Suburban. 2016 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does, it is a prototype. The front and rear lockers are on this, and it is also a manual transmission so there are a lot of mismatched parts here (including the roof rack everybody keeps mentioning). Yes, I was told the morning I filmed this by the Ford handler that it IS a Prototype Sasquatch. They referenced the Filson as having the more up-to-date version of the Sasquatch goodies, so maybe get a look at that one for more details on what the Sasquatch will really look like.
The badlands comes with front and rear lockers STANDARD. That is not only a Sasquatch option

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was lucky enough to be invited by Ford to hang out with the Badlands Overland Concept at the Moab4x4 Expo. They gave me a whopping 30 minutes with it (that I turned into 45 minutes) and this video is the result.

this is a badlands with 35 inch tires,

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good video, saw different views. ?

BroncoNV

Badlands
First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
rock rails mounted to the body is NOT the best option. IMO it serves little protection.
Maybe not but it appears they will be load bearing...noticed they are attached to a separate bracket mounted to the body. It appears this bracket has at least two (maybe 4?) bolts at different points which should disperse load across a greater area (I assume the rear attachment point is the same):

Ford Bronco Hands On Walkaround Review of the Bronco Overland Badlands With Sasquatch Package 1604078535739