Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like they need some kind of decal or lettering on the bar to take the place of what it being blocked by the grill guard. That could create some interesting possibilities.
That sounds like a cheap fix, not sure why the horizontal bar could not fall a bit higher and the vertical bars could have fell closer to the space between the logo and the signature lighting.

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've never painted wheels. Is this something that could be done easily at home since you can remove them, or would you take it to a shop?
Not sure yet. If the wheels are textured then I’ll probably powder coat and take somewhere. Glossy I would do myself.

nastyMAC

Badlands
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW gli
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks amazing, and those optional tires and rims are a must if you avoid Sasquatch. I was in the outer banks Sasquatch mindset originally, but there's more value in this set-up
Comparing the side mirror height difference! I think the BL 33's are perfect! No SAS needed for me!

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This pic is making me rethink Badlands. I think I may go back to Black Diamond, as I’m going carbonized gray but the matching grill really doesn’t work with it. The black Diamond grill looks much better.
I wouldn’t change your model based on grill. They should be so easy to swap out based on the recent sema bronco video, make sure you’re okay giving up sway bar disconnect and high or lux packages first.

Sponsored

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup. Im 36, and plan to keep it for 10 years. If you asked 46 year old me how I liked my Area 51 Bronco, I'm not quite sure the answer would be a positive one. Carb gray doesn't excite me as nearly as much, but I may highly prefer it to Area 51 for years 5-10 of my ownership.

What's your plan? Scoping out the A51 on the Bronco Sport in person, then making a more informed decision?
My plan is to try and get comfortable with A51 either by looking at pics or finding a Sport I can see live. It will likely be a game time decision

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Go_PRE

Wildtrak
First Name
PRE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali/BMW 750
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You and me both. If I go squatch I will have the beauty rings painted matching high gloss black. The 33's look good, but I like the idea of it being set up from the factory to take a 35" tire, as I know that eventually I will be upgrading those and I'd rather not have to go through the trouble of adding bump stops or whatever else to prevent rubbing. 35"s from the factory is a pretty sweet offering... At this point its up to whether I have the patience to go late availability on the manual Sasquatch, I definitely want the Manny tranny, and I THINK I want the 35's
I want the beauty rings to be painted black with the badlands trim as well. But I don't understand why we would need to remove then and get them painted when Ford has them available with WT and FE. This should be an option and an easy one for Ford to offer.

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want the beauty rings to be painted black with the badlands trim as well. But I don't understand why we would need to remove then and get them painted when Ford has them available with WT and FE. This should be an option and an easy one for Ford to offer.
Agreed but I don’t see that available, maybe the dealer can order them

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love that color but I don't want to love it! Color choices are hard...man!!

Absolutely great pictures btw OP!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What a horribly boring and dull color.

Almost guaranteed that Carbonized Gray runs 1-2 with black for the most ordered and owned color!

People LOVE boring color vehicles, proof is to look at cars on American roadways. Boring rules the streets.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like everyone else, I'm torn between the 4.46 with 33's or the 4.7 squatch with 35's. They both look awesome. For me it really comes down to mpg. If both setups get around the same mpg then I go squatch. But if the 4.46 with 33's gets significantly better mpg then I go with that. Decisions, decisions........

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*Note to self* Don't let the wife drive the Bronco unless you install smaller mirrors.........
But seriously, those Bronco mirrors are sticking WAY out.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Save the trip. Here's my Rubicon with 33's

SDC10058.JPG
Lol! That is a sweeeeeet looking JLU! That’s exactly the way I would get one. Has it given you any issues?
You’re still getting the Bronco, right?