Sponsored

What are you buying instead of a Bronco?

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m on the fence. If I give up on the bronco, I will either stick with my old f150 or consider the tremor if it’s not 70K.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've mentioned before that I dropped my first week reservation and bought a SxS. Been to Windrock here in Tennessee a couple of times already. Headed out again this weekend. About the time the roll out job one I should be in Utah doing Hell's Revenge and other trails. No hatred for Ford or the Bronco just decided this was the right move for me. Looking forward to meeting some of you later in the summer.

1608692541225.png
I got lost in Windrock when I was 16 with a bunch of Jeeps. didn't get cell service till 3 am and rescue was on the way haha. I want a SxS and keep my truck. That's an option

OP
OP
Bcacali24

Bcacali24

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F-250 IDI Turbo Diesel Ext Cab 4x4 5-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m looking at 70’s- 80’s land cruisers
60’s-70’s Broncos
70’s-80’s defenders 110 over 80.
And a few international scouts.

this bronco is an extra for fun vehicle for me.

The closer this gets to 60+ k
The farther I get.
Just too many other awesome options.
Go Vols

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Staying a while unless Ford fucks up again...If so, the money goes into my XJ Cherokee (LS V8 time...), my CJ2A (ground-up rebuild, Dauntless V6), or a JDM J70 Land Cruiser (1996 or older).

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh man, check out Trail Recon on Youtube. He just compared a ton of lift kits. Might help you out
That video was awesome. Brad is super detailed and thorough.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh no, you figured it out. I’m thwarted. Guess I’ll have to buy a Bronco now to prove to an internet douchebag I wasn’t a troll. ??‍♂

Moron.

JK
So I'm an internet douchbag and a moron. Good to know...

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Watch that IMS bearing if you don’t go Turbo...
Yeah .... looking for an ‘05 so I can actually swap out the bearing for an LN or EPS retrofit. The ‘06-‘08s went to the strongest of the three bearings but it’s still a sealed bearing problem is it can’t be swapped unless you tear the engine down. ?‍♂?‍♂

JK

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unless Ford changes some things on the bronco like the interior choices, then I may back out on my order, plus the Gen 3 Raptor should be released soon. I do not want to cancel, but the only two options I see are canceling the order or continuing the order and taking the Bronco straight from the delivery truck to an upholstery shop for a complete new interior lol. In the meantime a Mclaren 765LT in Tokyo Cyan blue in the works. Here is what it will look like when completed.

Ford Bronco What are you buying instead of a Bronco? IMG_0852
Ford Bronco What are you buying instead of a Bronco? IMG_0853

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless Ford changes some things on the bronco like the interior choices, then I may back out on my order, plus the Gen 3 Raptor should be released soon. I do not want to cancel, but the only two options I see are canceling the order or continuing the order and taking the Bronco straight from the delivery truck to an upholstery shop for a complete new interior lol. In the meantime a Mclaren 765LT in Tokyo Cyan blue in the works. Here is what it will look like when completed.

So your options are a bronco or a Mclaren?

seems like an odd problem to have. You may be alone on this one.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has obviously jacked this Bronco rollout up with all their strange packages, colors, and prices. I am curious what you are now looking at instead of that Bronco you were planning on? I was day 1 res holder looking at 4D Base with Sas 2.7 auto, but probably not anymore. Please let me know what you are getting and why.
I reserved 7/20/20... Prior to this most recent flustercuck, I had never looked at Toyota's site, Jeep's site, or Chevy's site. Today, I went through all three of them, looking at options.

The 4Runner TRD Pro looks really nice, very capable and priced well - the only thing is, reviews make it sound like the V6 that's in it is outdated, as is the interior...

The Chevy Colorado ZR2 looks really nice, seems very capable, is priced well, and could be an option..

I'm leaning towards a Jeep Rubicon or maybe even a Gladiator, but I'd need to test drive one. i keep hearing about the death wobble with their front end, and that concerns me though... I don't understand how they can continue to be on the road (legally) if they are so unsafe though.

Honestly , the Bronco Sport Badlands edition has every thing I'd want, but if I'm abandoning my Bronco, I'm leaving Ford forever and will not give them another penny.

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So your options are a bronco or a Mclaren?

seems like an odd problem to have. You may be alone on this one.
Lol no the 765 coming regardless but on the fence on the bronco order since its turning into a daily mystery what Ford does next with these things ?

Reactions: RLW

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I reserved 7/20/20... Prior to this most recent flustercuck, I had never looked at Toyota's site, Jeep's site, or Chevy's site. Today, I went through all three of them, looking at options.

The 4Runner TRD Pro looks really nice, very capable and priced well - the only thing is, reviews make it sound like the V6 that's in it is outdated, as is the interior...

The Chevy Colorado ZR2 looks really nice, seems very capable, is priced well, and could be an option..

I'm leaning towards a Jeep Rubicon or maybe even a Gladiator, but I'd need to test drive one. i keep hearing about the death wobble with their front end, and that concerns me though... I don't understand how they can continue to be on the road (legally) if they are so unsafe though.

Honestly , the Bronco Sport Badlands edition has every thing I'd want, but if I'm abandoning my Bronco, I'm leaving Ford forever and will not give them another penny.
“Death Wobble” is not a Jeep thing - it’s a solid front axle thing (which Wranglers/Gladiators both feature). If your steering components are maintained and kept within tolerances you should not experience death wobble. Sloppy steering is also a byproduct of the SFA but there is a TSB that is supposed to finally bring the JL/JT into acceptable limits. I have a request in for my Gladiator.

JK

BroncoBound

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
RAM Rebel.
I’m a first day reservation holder but have had about enough of Ford. The delays, lack of information and if they can’t get the ordering process correct how are they supposed to build a quality suv. Maybe I’ll buy a Bronco once they get their act together but I’m about ready to tap out.
Drove a RAM today and was blown away. Yes it’s not as able off-road as the Bronco will be, but it’s solid, great room for my family and tons of storage ability. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored