Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All, my bad, not a fan of the grocery getter, thats all
It’s all good.

just like the lower trims on the mustang, Ford has to offer a more practical version because not enough people will buy the hardcore versions. The 4door allows the existence of the 2 door

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The 4 door will likely be more capable in some circumstances vs the 2-door and vice versa. Long wheelbase helps a lot.... there’s a reason hardcore off roaders don’t keep the 96” Jeep wheelbase.

just as an example, this Jeep 4-door actually completed King Of the Hammers this year:
Ford Bronco Grabber Blue 2021 Bronco 4-Door Preview Renderings 840968BC-ADBB-4365-A9AC-5430FAD82937

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched a video review of the new Defender and it had a feature that's becoming increasingly widespread in the industry but I've not seen Ford implement it yet - the camera rearview mirror option.
I have one in my F150.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It must be just me, while the excitement for this is overdone IMO, do you all really want the first four door non Bronco grocery getter?
So you live in a self-sufficient bubble and you never buy food? Got it.

Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have one in my F150.
Your rear view mirror is always a camera view or you have the backup camera appear in your mirror? I’ve been behind a few gms I think and noticed that the rear view mirror was a camera image.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your rear view mirror is always a camera view or you have the backup camera appear in your mirror? I’ve been behind a few gms I think and noticed that the rear view mirror was a camera image.
My mirror is a mirror plus the camera image from the tailgate. It's the older version which I bet they don't make anymore.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It must be just me, while the excitement for this is overdone IMO, do you all really want the first four door non Bronco grocery getter?
Wheelbase, Wheelbase, Wheelbase, sure the 2 door short wheel base looks cool, closer to the original, but when you have the option of a longer wheelbase and the better ride quality it provides, the choice is easy. If you do not care about ride quality, or it does not really bother you, the short wheelbase is fine. My 4 door Bronco will not be a grocery getter and I do not need the rear doors, but I do enjoy a less bouncy ride.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Eh, your not wrong. The four door is what brings out the “looks like a Jeep” crowd, and the poser mall crawling crowd will mostly opt for that one.

However, there may be practical reasons for the four door over the two: like towing capacity, or you want to get out in the wild with your family of four or five.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I was single or didnt have dogs the 2 door would have been it for me, but I got both so that doesnt work. My dogs need space where they wont be on top of the drinking water I get once a week. My hope is that I we get a new 4 door and buy an used 2 door down the road.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I was single or didnt have dogs the 2 door would have been it for me, but I got both so that doesnt work. My dogs need space where they wont be on top of the drinking water I get once a week. My hope is that I we get a new 4 door and buy an used 2 door down the road.
Same. We will be upgrading from an old Escape and an old Ranger. Need something to haul our two dogs, kids on the way, our camper, kayaks, bikes, etc. To the campsites and to the trails and beyond.

But... Yes... It will mostly be a grocery getter because we're not buying it to go thrash on the trails. We do want something capable though. We live in the country... Miles and miles of dirt roads. In the winter the plow doesn't come.... My wife is on call and can need to leave at any time of day or night in a snowstorm or whatever. We needed to get hauled out of drifts and ditches six times last winter alone. Our current 2wd vehicles suck. We usually call the neighbour to bring his tractor out to give us a tow.

If I truly wanted a trail truck I wouldn't be shelling out that kind of cash.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My mirror is a mirror plus the camera image from the tailgate. It's the older version which I bet they don't make anymore.
I'm not referring to that style - I'm talking about a rearview mirror that has dual function - a traditional mirror, where you see the back seats/inside of the vehicle, AND has a camera mode where it's a camera mounted facing directly back to what's behind you (not to the ground) that will display the image on the entire mirror (it flicks over and a screen view replaces the actual mirror image), this gives you the view out the back without seeing the interior.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not referring to that style - I'm talking about a rearview mirror that has dual function - a traditional mirror, where you see the back seats/inside of the vehicle, AND has a camera mode where it's a camera mounted facing directly back to what's behind you (not to the ground) that will display the image on the entire mirror (it flicks over and a screen view replaces the actual mirror image), this gives you the view out the back without seeing the interior.

A few cars have that. The new Corvette is one.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. We will be upgrading from an old Escape and an old Ranger. Need something to haul our two dogs, kids on the way, our camper, kayaks, bikes, etc. To the campsites and to the trails and beyond.

But... Yes... It will mostly be a grocery getter because we're not buying it to go thrash on the trails. We do want something capable though. We live in the country... Miles and miles of dirt roads. In the winter the plow doesn't come.... My wife is on call and can need to leave at any time of day or night in a snowstorm or whatever. We needed to get hauled out of drifts and ditches six times last winter alone. Our current 2wd vehicles suck. We usually call the neighbour to bring his tractor out to give us a tow.

If I truly wanted a trail truck I wouldn't be shelling out that kind of cash.
Yeah you only need a couple thousand for a trail beater. When me and my jeep buddys used to go wheeling every weekend in ohio it was friday night take it to the test trail, retorque everything and go wheeling saturday. Break stuff and try to fix it in time to go wheeling sunday. We never used trailers. Just made trail repairs and tow strapped each other home.

However my driveway requires a serious offroader to make it everyday with out major wear. My mother in law has a liberty and it takes bumpstops and ball joints every couple years. Someday I will make a video of our driveway and post it up. I get to go offroading anytime I go anywhere. But yeah being off grid we have to haul drinking water and laundry everyweek. So we gotta have room for that and dogs. They get mad when they dont get to the beach.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A few cars have that. The new Corvette is one.
Yeah I know. I was just saying it could be neat in the Bronco with the spare tire limiting visibility out the back. But I haven't seen any indication it's equipped with it or that Ford has a system for that.
Sponsored