Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was dead set on the mod top, but now you guys have me questioning my decision!! So if you get the shadow black mod top, the fender flares are still the dark grey that match the MIC material? The MIC has looked so bad in all the photos. It looks faded out! All the pics of the mod top looked so good until you guys started posting photos here. I place my order on Saturday!
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also. Poor Ford.. (The Mod Top ā€œeveryoneā€ wants is shown) Everyone who hated the MIC top : eh actually the MIC is better
Except for curmudgeons like me who want white!

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And how are you going to prevent body paint scratches. MIC wrap for your whole rig?
You must drive through some really small trees.

JMiles74

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will it look good with AMB ?
I think so and why I chose it for my build. However, i think the MIC will obviously hide scatches better. I am trying to tie the color of the fenders, grill, and mirrors to the best available hardtop for my BD. Since I am a MY22, hopefully I get to see one in person in case i need to change my mind...again...

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed. Much prefer the ruggedness of the MIC top. If anyone actually uses this on a trail it's going to be ruined by trees.
Actually the funniest thing is hearing Ford say we donā€™t have parts due to covid but continue to build a slew of mock-ups using the Sasquatch parts and painted tops. Yes guys this is a joke as I know they are sorting out the tooling and process. Itā€™s just comical to see Ford continue to develop new bronco race trucks, the wart hog, etc. but canā€™t get this model into peoples hands.

What I also find funny is the come on Ford get me my 2021, order blocks open, and people are like oh Iā€™ll wait for a my22.

We sure are a fickle bunch

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Idk if you're aware but the MY22s allow for body colored tops. What reservation date do you have?
7/14. I may be on the bubble in between years. I guess getting bumped to 22 wouldnā€™t be the worst thing. My build is also 2.7. And squatch.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it will look great with certain colors, Iā€™m not sure if race red is that color. Also again. some of these photo just donā€™t do justice to what they show. M Iā€™m all for the MIC top but love the idea of the removable windows.
Ive already ordered the black mod top.. but Can you sell me on the removable windows? What configurations do you plan to use it as?

I'm getting a puppy soon who will grow to a 60 pound dog. I imagine he will be very happy to have those windows open. An other ideas? For you is it mostly for air flow?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Off-road pinstripes. Itā€™s a thing. Google is your friend.
I don't need to google something everyone has seen before. But thanks.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was dead set on the mod top, but now you guys have me questioning my decision!! So if you get the shadow black mod top, the fender flares are still the dark grey that match the MIC material? The MIC has looked so bad in all the photos. It looks faded out! All the pics of the mod top looked so good until you guys started posting photos here. I place my order on Saturday!
Haha
Well this isn't the first time we have seen the black hard top. What did your gut tell you the first time you saw it? Forum opinions can be VERY infectious. Plus these photos are under harsh factory lights. Go off your gut but also think about what you'll use the Bronco for.

Black top pros
Quieter, "more modular", match WT and obx and FE accents

Mic top pros
Lighter, more durable ( or rather, visible scratch resistant), match badlands and any grey grill trim bronco

The looks are entirely subjective
7/14. I may be on the bubble in between years. I guess getting bumped to 22 wouldnā€™t be the worst thing. My build is also 2.7. And squatch.
Oh yeah you can go either way. Probably MY21 from what we have been hearing

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't need to google something everyone has seen before. But thanks.
Sorry. I just noted that sheā€™s your friend. I didnā€™t say you have to marry her. If Bing is more your type, go for it. No judgment. :)

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm all about matching, as Ford probably intended with Hardtop colors. If my Bronco had a Gray grille and Gray wheel trim rings I'd go Gray MIC Hardtop, if my Bronco had a Black grille and Black wheel trim rings I'd go black mod top. Perfect examples of how nice a shiny black top will look.
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory maxresdefault
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory 01-defender-lift-2020-proud-rhino-lucky-8-

Last edited:

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, Not Sorry. I love the Shadow Black on the 2 Door Wildtrak in A51.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory 29c3d198b2d624c55ed370b55b28ad68

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Haha
Well this isn't the first time we have seen the black hard top. What did your gut tell you the first time you saw it? Forum opinions can be VERY infectious. Plus these photos are under harsh factory lights. Go off your gut but also think about what you'll use the Bronco for.

Black top pros
Quieter, "more modular", match WT and obx and FE accents

Mic top pros
Lighter, more durable ( or rather, visible scratch resistant), match badlands and any grey grill trim bronco
My initial reaction was the the MIC looked terrible and I loved the painted mod top! For months the photos that kept coming out with the MIC looked worse and worse. When I saw a Bronco sport in Area 51 with the black trim I was very happy. But the sport doesn't have as much black trim on the top.

I'm getting a Black Diamond so my concern now is having the black top with the grey fender flares. And people make a great point about the MIC being more durable and showing less scratches. I have an Xterra now with tons of grey plastic and I've been fine with it, but it's also silver and for the Bronco I was looking for more contrast.

I'm a MY22, unless a bunch of people cancel, so maybe I shouldn't be worrying too much and just plan on changing the top if I don't like it in person.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm all about matching, as Ford probably intended with Hardtop colors. If my Bronco had a Gray grille and Gray wheel trim rings I'd go Gray MIC Hardtop, if imy Bronco had a Black grille and Black wheel trim rings I'd go black mod top. Perfect examples of how nice a shiny black top will look.
Ford Bronco Shadow Black Top on completed 2021 Bronco at MAP Factory 29c3d198b2d624c55ed370b55b28ad68
Yes this!
Just bigger tires šŸ˜
Sponsored