Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Hallelujah... Holy shit!” What a great write-up. I would love to see any video of this thing climbing the dunes, as I would be taking mine on the beach and dunes far more than trails and rocks.
I have a few videos, no the best but they are kinda funny. U

nfortunately not of when we were climbing the dunes but i have the hill descend

Here ya go....

Sponsored

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@SD_Bronco - I have to come back to this and keep reading - but I stopped at the motorcycle picture and wanted to say awesome pictures - you next to the Broncos gives me a great size idea - and the motorcycle pic - is that you - awesome! I will continue reading later.... work...
Glad I can help! I am 5'10" so that should help give you more of a perspective. And yea, that's me on my beloved Triumph :)

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Awesome, super jealous.

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To echo the other comments.. awesome write up. I presume the perception of interior space compared to a Wrangler is largely down to additional width, given how wider the Bronco is in comparison. Did you get a feel for rear legroom compared to the JLUR?
Thanks Nick!
The additional width is good but from my friend and fiancée who were in the back, they said they were pretty comfortable. I personally did not get to sit in the back, But I think one of the other forum members in their KOH write up mentioned that they had 6ft+ friends in the back and it wasn't an issue. Overall I'd believe that there is more legroom in the back compared to the Jeep.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job! Did you get a chance to test out the sound system?
Thanks, unfortunately I did not. It was on, but our driver had a lot of info we all wanted to listen to so it was turned down. Sorry I cant comment on the sound system as I didn't get to check it out. was way too excited with everything else haha.

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks @SD_Bronco Any impression on the seat adjustment relative to clutch travel? My wife is 5'2 and wants the Bronco for it's MT. Information is scant for shorter drivers (although lots of good info on big and tall). Thanks again for the great writeup!
Hi James, I didn't get to sit in the driver seat so I have no idea. However our driver was pretty short I think he may have been around 5'5" and he was shredding so I think it may be ok?

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the reports about the looks of the 2 door in person have me rethinking things a little bit...In my opinion as an analogy, 4 door Wranglers look like trash with small tires, and awesome with 35s and a lift...dramatic difference. Is the Bronco the same in person, does the 4 door look great with 35s?..or just marginal?
I think the 4 door looks great with 35's. With 33's on the badlands it didnt look too bad either. the 2 door will look good with all size tires in my opinion. Your analogy to Jeeps is accurate to what i saw in person. For example a 4 door base will look a little small and streched. the 35's make a big difference

Astroknot1

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Land Rover Discovery, Audi Q5 and 370z
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thank you SD_Bronco! From a fellow Whales Vagina, your write up is awesome. Can’t wait to see them out on the road in a few months. I unfortunately,” am holding off, patiently waiting until the Warthog is released. That gives me 2 years until shelling out the $$$$ for that bad boy!

OP
OP
SD_Bronco

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you SD_Bronco! From a fellow Whales Vagina, your write up is awesome. Can’t wait to see them out on the road in a few months. I unfortunately,” am holding off, patiently waiting until the Warthog is released. That gives me 2 years until shelling out the $$$$ for that bad boy!
Ah Fellow San Diegan!
That thing will be a beast! The driver told us about how they were testing it, didn't say much details other than oh you think this is impressive?! Warthog will blow your mind! something to that effect.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You're much be

You're much better off than being here in Illinois..... Flat as a pancake except for the potholes, roads so straight you can snap a chalk line, and the largest thing to dodge is a corn stalk, (or raccoon). The funniest thing out here in the plaines are the mounds of dirt which people call "ski mountains". The attached picture is the "largest Ski resort in Southern WI. It's a freakin mound of dirt! 😀
If it weren't for the bluffs along the Mississippi on the western edge, and some of the Moraines in Southern Wisconsin, this place would be a total write off for outdoor adventures. Long story short, I'm looking forward to some longer drives and adventures in my Bronco to enjoy some real mountains and hills in the east and west. ;)
Ford Bronco [+ Videos] My KOH Write-Up: Manual Bronco Badlands, non Sasquatch experience IMG_0797
Not to disparage against your mound of dirt, but that is an incredibly unimpressive mound of dirt. 😢

Looks like something they would make in the Netherlands (A nation that has a national average elevation of 98 feet above sea level).

JamesC

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HJ45, URJ200, W463
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi James, I didn't get to sit in the driver seat so I have no idea. However our driver was pretty short I think he may have been around 5'5" and he was shredding so I think it may be ok?
Really appreciate this. We messaged with Mike Levine and he thought it 'would not be a problem' but your description gives a lot more confidence. There is precious little information on something that could be so critical to a short driver. Imagine taking delivery and realizing you are unable to fully depress the clutch!?
Thanks again!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You're much be

You're much better off than being here in Illinois..... Flat as a pancake except for the potholes, roads so straight you can snap a chalk line, and the largest thing to dodge is a corn stalk, (or raccoon). The funniest thing out here in the plaines are the mounds of dirt which people call "ski mountains". The attached picture is the "largest Ski resort in Southern WI. It's a freakin mound of dirt! 😀
If it weren't for the bluffs along the Mississippi on the western edge, and some of the Moraines in Southern Wisconsin, this place would be a total write off for outdoor adventures. Long story short, I'm looking forward to some longer drives and adventures in my Bronco to enjoy some real mountains and hills in the east and west. ;)
1612889522884.png
is that Alpine or Geneva I cant remember been way too long I learned to ski at Alpine I think or maybe it was Cascade I was like 9. I lived in N IL up until 2018 my whole life. I was already an outdoor person, but definitely a lifestyle change moving out of corn fields. Our fun use to entail running off the back country roads and corn fields, not a whole lot of anything.

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for putting this together. So great to hear this feedback from a fellow enthusiast with high expectations!

Astroknot1

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Land Rover Discovery, Audi Q5 and 370z
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ah Fellow San Diegan!
That thing will be a beast! The driver told us about how they were testing it, didn't say much details other than oh you think this is impressive?! Warthog will blow your mind! something to that effect.
Yes very excited! Now that we are done having kids, in two years my youngest will be 4 and rest to experience off-roaring and camping! Can’t wait to discover a Bronco club when everyone gets situated! Where in SD are you?
Sponsored