First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Texas is a big state, so you’ll get used to long drives .

When you move to The Great State of Texas go see:

-Eat at the Grist Mill and dance at Gruene Hall
-Big Bend National Park
-Float the Guadalupe River
-South Padre Island
-Hike Guadalupe Peak- Highest point in Texas
-go to a Willie Nelson concert
-visit the Mcdonald observatory
-Listen to music in Lukenbach
-Palo Duro Canyon
-Davis Mountains
-learn how to 2-step and check out cowtown
-San antonio River Walk
-Caprock Canyon

y’all help me out!! There are a million things to do
Mud run in Jacksonville, Marble Falls, Llano, Burnet, Mason area for rock crawling. Fredricksburg, Enchanted Rock, Cap Rock Canyons.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's not forget this week's blackouts, I'm now shopping for a whole house standby generator.
We are getting a bypass installed so we can hook up our generator during hurricanes. It's a cheaper alternative and we can get a pretty big generator to even run our ac. It doesn't come on automatically, but that's the only disadvantage.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I grew up in Arlington Texas and recommend three country songs for your move. A country/bluegrass band in Texas called the Austin Lounge Lizards wrote a song titled “I’m going back to Dallas Texas to see if anything could be worse than loosing you”. I also recommend the Lubbock Texas band The Flatlanders song “Dallas” and lastly, the great Guy Clark wrote a song titled “Let him roll” about a whore in Dallas. These songs should be paired with a Shiner Bock beer, chicken fried steak with cream gravy and fried okra. Enjoy!
and maybe DC9atnight by Joe Ely

lol

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mud run in Jacksonville, Marble Falls, Llano, Burnet, Mason area for rock crawling. Fredricksburg, Enchanted Rock, Cap Rock Canyons.
On a side note
Years ago I went to Katemcy and watched a rock crawling competition

Rock crawling on granite was crazy

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can you please give us the Google map links to the places your talking about?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I second the getting out of the burbs suggestion if you don't mind the commute. I moved to Granbury from San Diego in October and absolutely love it. Small town feel, a couple blocks from a lake, and can be in Ft Worth in less than an hour.
And babes chicken is awesome.
My Son and soon to be daughter in law live in Stephenville. And we went out to eat Stumpy's Lakeside Grill a couple months ago!

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
High cost of living? Hate to tell you but your wrong.

"How North Texas cities compare against other metros for cost of living - Dallas Business Journal" https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/...Among North Texas cities, Dallas,41 out of 75.
Not interested in arguing with anyone here. I'm military 26+ years, and lived many places across the country. Just speaking from my personal experience. Cost of living is higher here than anywhere else I've been so far. Not saying it's a bad place to be, just somewhat pricey.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also if your into Beer, they have the best Breweries outside of Colorado~! FortWorth as well~!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What city are you moving to? That will be add a lot to advice. Because what you think is far North someone that lives here might not thinking it's that far ... Trust me when you live here you will understand. Lol
My office is in Farmers Branch. I haven’t determined where I’ll living yet, but I will be in Farmers branch at least 5 days a week.

OP
OP
Philly

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also if your into Beer, they have the best Breweries outside of Colorado~! FortWorth as well~!
Now you’re speaking my language! We are really lucky in Michigan with all of our breweries. Looking forward to trying some local brews for sure!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would suggest you also check the price on a dual fuel (natgas/ diesel) conversion if going natgas just to know.
I'm reading now about propane, looks great as compared to diesel with regards to storage life, diesel is 18-24 months vs Propane has a near infinite storage life.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Son and soon to be daughter in law live in Stephenville. And we went out to eat Stumpy's Lakeside Grill a couple months ago!
I'm reading now about propane, looks great as compared to diesel with regards to storage life, diesel is 18-24 months vs Propane has a near infinite storage life.
I live a long way from you so the prices are probably different but excluding the propane tank my in-laws had a generator installed that comes on automatically during power outages and it was about $15,000. Not bad
Sponsored