Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked up a Mach E about a month ago. Yeah, not a Mustang, but a pretty damn good EV.
How could anybody NOT like this car?!? It fuckin' GORGEOUS!!! šŸ˜

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport Mach-E Cyber Orange
Sponsored

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And the Mustang Mach-E, which purists claimed was "NOT A MUSTANG!!!", because it didn't have 2 doors, is now outselling regular Mustangs! šŸ˜œ
Oh, I get it on the Mach-E as well. Itā€™s a Mustang, but I just donā€™t like the new look. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I love the 2005 Mustang, though. That front end looked sweet.
Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport 41A446E1-E7A6-4BFB-ABD6-B57BEF2D276E
Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport CBFFC583-A9F9-44F8-B63D-080DC623FCFF

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport CBFFC583-A9F9-44F8-B63D-080DC623FCFF
My wife and I love this car. Like the Bronco, itā€™s a game changer.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whateverā€¦ I get some people donā€™t understand the Bronco Sport, but oh well. Itā€™s a great vehicle, especially the Badlands edition with the 2.0L EB. Extremely capable off-road and it targets the demographic who want a smaller off-road or rugged SUV. It competes head to head with the Jeep Renegade /Trailhawk and absolutely destroys the Jeep offering.

I initially wasnā€™t sure about the Bronco Sport and questioned its existenceā€¦ Then we found ourselves in a situation where we had a need for a small SUV. So I figured what the hell and took a look at the Sport. Ordered a Badlands. Waited 5 months to get it and have now had it 2 months and have put 3200 miles on it. Itā€˜s awesome. It does everything we wanted it to do. No, itā€™s not a full sized Bronco and we didnā€™t expect it to be. It goes places the Explorer and Edge wouldnā€™t dare.

As for driving to a dealership to see a vehicleā€¦. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, trust the person answering the phone to know their own asshole from their elbow. Let alone anything specific about any vehicle, even a dumb ass question about what model it is. Been down that road a few times, learned my lesson. I wonā€™t drive more than 15 minutes to see a vehicle unless they send me a copy of the window sticker or equivalent to see if itā€˜s what I want to see and/or has the right configuration or whatever. If they canā€™t be bothered to send me the info, then I canā€™t be bothered to waste my time to go look.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport 4FEDE79A-C5EF-4137-B53C-C5C58F4B4DDC

Thatā€™s not a Mustang mate, THIS Is a Mustang! :D (07)

I pulled into my local diner and happened to park next to a Sport, in a F350, the waitress said, ā€œI thought your Bronco would be biggerā€:ROFLMAO:
Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport FE1929CE-9695-4196-B30C-EB6B51FB23F0

Sponsored

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. I see a ton of them, as do others because they tell me. And the interiors are generally pretty nice and, arguably, more thought out than the Bronco.

The explorer and expedition are above (the latter being WAY above) the needs or wants or the target audience. Think Cherokee, Renegade, RAV4, etc.
You missed Subaru Forester , Jeep Compass , IMO the Bronco Sport Iā€™s far superior . I want my wife to trade in her Escape get the Sport.
I drive 460 to 550 miles 5 days a week and see them on the road also, Iā€™m kinda getting used to the looks , I also do not think they are going any where.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I mostly just hate the Sport name. I wish Ford had simply paid VW for the rights to use the Scout name. Sport sounds like a trim level to most people.

It competes nicely with other small crossovers:
- I'd rather have a Sport than a Compass
- I'd rather have a Sport than the new Escape.
- I'd rather have a Sport than a CRV
Ford should have put a stick-shift in it. That's really my only complaint.

Our Expedition is great for camping trips, and can tow a small horse trailer with ease, but it's kind of a pain in parking lots.
I thought they should've called it baby Bronco. ;)

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm officially sportaphobic. I called different dealers around the Houston area today asking when they would be receiving a bronco demo vehicle. I called one dealer, a lady picked up, and told me they had a bronco come in this morning and is on display. I said, "just to make sure, it's not a bronco sport right?" She replied, "Its a Bronco badlands." I asked, "But is it a bronco sport?" she replied, "its a bronco." I said thank you and drove 13 miles over to the dealership to find out it was a bronco sport.

Its annoying when everyday people mistake the sport for a bronco, but dealerships doing it takes it to a whole new level. I don't think I have ever disliked a vehicle so much and there are plenty of people on B6G who think its a disgrace to the Bronco name. I don't understand what the target consumer of this vehicle is either because if you want an offroader, get a bronco, if you want a luxury suv, get an explorer or expedition. The Bronco sport is neither good at offroading and has a far from nice interior. I see one of these things on the road maybe once every month in one of the biggest cities in the country and its been out for almost a year. Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future? I don't see bronco sport sales being any good once the real bronco hits dealerships.
I get that it is annoying that people mistake the Sport for the Bronco, but that is because it has taken longer for the "big" Bronco to be made and put into the hands of the customers.

My sister really wanted the "big" Bronco, but she lives in Chicago, and she is there more than she is out hiking, so the Sport made more sense for her. Besides, her car was falling apart so she couldn't wait forever. She ordered an FE Sport day one. Even with that early order day/time stamp, March 2021 came and went, and Ford still had not made her FE. So, after constantly looking online, she ended up finding a Bronco Sport Badlands about an hour away from her, already on a dealer's lot, and she bought it.

It turns out the Badlands Sport had more options on it than the FE Sport did anyway. The Sport does really well in light off road situations. As much as my sister would have loved getting the "big" Bronco, she ended up really loving the Sport.

On the plus side, she is a lot younger than me, so I told her when I'm too old to climb up into my driver's seat, I'll switch her Broncos. lol

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The sport would be nice for folks like my daughters and my GF... they are sort of afraid to drive bigger vehicles. Itā€™s not that they canā€™t, or havenā€™t... they just canā€™t get comfortable in them.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The escape replaces the fiesta/focus/fusion. The BS replaces the old escape.

The EcoSport is gross.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I donā€™t hate them, their is nothing particularly special about them. They may be fine cars and on the used market in several years maybe a good choice for a starter car for my kids. I donā€™t wish they didnā€™t exist but the naming is stupid, just like the Mach E.

I understand why Ford did it for both in terms of name recognition and sales however.

I do enjoy Reddit when I call them a Bronco II and the kids there get all kinds of butthurt name calling. lol. Itā€™s the small joys in life.

azbittel

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mach E - Premium - AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No. I see a ton of them, as do others because they tell me. And the interiors are generally pretty nice and, arguably, more thought out than the Bronco.

The explorer and expedition are above (the latter being WAY above) the needs or wants or the target audience. Think Cherokee, Renegade, RAV4, etc.
This is the funniest for me. "Hey I saw one of the new Broncos" which gets me excited, but is then followed by some version of "Theyre a lot smaller than I thought, and pretty ugly too" after which I realize they meant a sport. Which prompts me to have to give an explaination. If it is family or someone I like, I pull up my order on my phone and show them the difference. Then theyre response is usually confusion.... Ford fucked this up big time naming it this way. They tried to do the whole "Cherokee/Grand Cherokee" which I hate enough as it is beimg a Mopar guy. It just doesnt work. Hope that marketing guy got/gets fire.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport FE1929CE-9695-4196-B30C-EB6B51FB23F0
I love the car, I am waiting for a redesign, I was not a fan of the 90's mustangs front and this looks too much like it for me..I like the 06 and beyond front. The rear is very nice..
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.