darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After owning a 2012 and 2016 Jeep JK, I can tell you getting from 4H to 4L is never as easy as just pulling back on the lever.

More like "try to shift into neutral while still rolling at 2-3 mph, struggle with the stick, grind, grind, crap now I'm on a flat surface and not rolling, put pressure on 4x4 shifter while rocking the transmission shifter back and forth between neutral and drive and hope it goes into 4L".

You just pull it backwards...and a lever never fails due to electronic issues;)
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dear Lord, you have to hold it for 5 seconds !?

On my Mustang and the wife's expedition you just have to press the button. I live on a dirt road, first thing I do after starting is turn off the traction control.
Just tapping it turns of TC. Holding it also turns of stability control. I wouldn't recommend you do that on your 'Stang. Lol

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this video with Shelby Hall was made during the Tennessee SC. Starting @ 22:00 she starts talking about having problems and states about how it doesn't matter what mode you are in and how you can just manually do things.

And shortly after, she uses the front locker and then the SBD and things go haywire. Although not widely talked about, the info has been out there. Just have not heard much about it until now since customers have started to use their Broncos. I would have thought Ford would have looked into it but maybe not. Maybe they relied on the pre-production thing and just thought it was "no big deal".

To me, this conclusively rules out operator error. This is the same issue and Shelby Hall is the driver. I think she knows how to operate it.

This is really unfortunate that Ford didn’t catch this before production given that it’s been seen prior. Poor quality assurance.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't this the guy that didn't know BD had blue accents until it showed up?

I wouldn't rule out operator error just yet.
Yeah, spotted numerous errors and issues with his videos. He didn’t seem to do a lot of research before he bought his Bronco.

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like he was in 4H when he got the error. Are GOAT modes are only available in 4L?
GOAT modes are absolutely available in other drive modes. There's a few threads that discuss the overlap between available modes.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like him. He's very brave to take his own, brand new Bronco off road :love:
Right, and he identified an issue. How many customers have taken their bronco off road so far? Maybe a handful.

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After spending several days at Bronco Off-Roadeo, I can see that he was flipping through GOAT modes and not letting the settings to get caught up to him. It takes a few seconds to engage everything. 2nd, I see that once he was back on pavement that the GOAT modes were active again. I think the GOAT modes where acting as they should, a fail safe kicked in because it was popping from mode to mode. So the software is dummy proof and will basically kick you out if you do not engage it correctly. Take the training, or read up on the engagement of GOAT modes. Also, he should let the vehicle break-in some more. These electronic transmissions have a learning cycle that they need to go through. I saw completely no issues on multiple Broncos that we drove in much worse conditions than what he was in. So, if he noticed everything come back to normal, then I think the vehicle is just fine.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After spending several days at Bronco Off-Roadeo, I can see that he was flipping through GOAT modes and not letting the settings to get caught up to him. It takes a few seconds to engage everything. 2nd, I see that once he was back on pavement that the GOAT modes were active again. I think the GOAT modes where acting as they should, a fail safe kicked in because it was popping from mode to mode. So the software is dummy proof and will basically kick you out if you do not engage it correctly. Take the training, or read up on the engagement of GOAT modes. Also, he should let the vehicle break-in some more. These electronic transmissions have a learning cycle that they need to go through. I saw completely no issues on multiple Broncos that we drove in much worse conditions than what he was in. So, if he noticed everything come back to normal, then I think the vehicle is just fine.
What about this? Same/similar error and she is not quickly flipping through the GOAT modes. Also, if what you say is true then the user interface design is terrible. Don’t allow the user to flip too quickly if it can cause an issue.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oat-mode-during-off-roading.19196/post-690589

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Except that the car needs to be on in order to access the incantation on page 423.
It's OK - the incantation is something like the dad fixing the furnace in A Christmas Story. Most of us can ad lib a close proximity.

Sponsored

greybrutus61

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Take the training? I had a old bronco that you manually lock the front wheels put it in 4Low and go. I just need it for mud and snow ( no rock crawling) where would you suggest i train to understand things like what does a locking differencial do?

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After owning a 2012 and 2016 Jeep JK, I can tell you getting from 4H to 4L is never as easy as just pulling back on the lever.

More like "try to shift into neutral while still rolling at 2-3 mph, struggle with the stick, grind, grind, crap now I'm on a flat surface and not rolling, put pressure on 4x4 shifter while rocking the transmission shifter back and forth between neutral and drive and hope it goes into 4L".
I've owned three Jeeps, and always thought this was just how transfer cases were supposed to work.

Then I bought a 4Runner. The transfer case on it shifts like butter, and has since day one. I don't know what the hell Jeep is doing, but they need to spend some time studying Toyota transfer case shifters. The difference is stark.

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What about this? Same/similar error and she is not quickly flipping through the GOAT modes. Also, if what you say is true then the user interface design is terrible. Don’t allow the user to flip too quickly if it can cause an issue.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...oat-mode-during-off-roading.19196/post-690589
After watching this video, she was having an issue with Sta-bar disconnect, she was not flipping from GOAT mode to GOAT mode. So I will not argue with you all, there may or may not be a software issue, I don't know. But what I know is that the GOAT modes adjust a ton of different parameters and you can not just flip one on, then immediately flip another one on. You can scroll through them quickly and they will not engage for a few seconds until you wait and choose one. So I think there are some getting used to this. Our instructor, who has 1000s of hours in the new Bronco, said to not engage a GOAT mode, then think "I want to try another one" so let's just flip it again. When you are outside the vehicle and a GOAT mode is engaged you can hear a lot of things happening. Just like a lot of electronics, you have to get used to how it works. So I think there is a large learning curve with this vehicle. Those who just buy one, and never educate themself on how to use it may have issues. Just my opinion. Time will tell if it is software error or user error.
Sponsored