Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well take it from me I have seen three of them now and all you have to do is turn the wheel in one direction to "access" the sway bar end link and then turn the wheel in the other direction to "access" the other side. But hey, maybe you might see it the other way but it will not be hard for me to do it. ;)
Like I said, I'm speculating. Hope it is as easy as you say, and easy to hold up out of the way. Hopefully, there's clearance to only have to remove a link on one side, and it be relatively easy to do.
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well take it from me I have seen three of them now and all you have to do is turn the wheel in one direction to "access" the sway bar end link and then turn the wheel in the other direction to "access" the other side. But hey, maybe you might see it the other way but it will not be hard for me to do it. ;)

BTW, I saw you posted last month about the Ultra4 race on San Felipe and Brad driving the 4600 class Bronco. Nice to know you're watching and interested in that. :) I'm a tech inspector for Ultra4, have a top 10 4400 class finish and a 4600 class National Championship. Thanks for the info above. I'll be glad when I get to see one. I missed seeing them at King of the Hammers this year, I was too busy working. Cheers. 🍻

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't GOAT mode the dumb mode, and manual if you know what you're doing? ;):giggle::giggle:
Fair point.
I was describing the vehicle, not the driver. When things are disabled, the vehicle reverts to a dumb mode and stops making a lot of the additional adjustments (some of which are never adjustable by the driver). The vehicle becomes dumb.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t post about it as it was a preproduction vehicle on a sneak peek - I can get some hiccups there. In a production model to see the same thing? Red flag
Happened on my ride in Moab as well. Same reset procedure and came with the explanation that it was preproduction and Ford was still working on the software. Looks like they possibly still have some work to do. Could be wrong, but the problem appears to be identical.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Fair point.
I was describing the vehicle, not the driver. When things are disabled, the vehicle reverts to a dumb mode and stops making a lot of the additional adjustments (some of which are never adjustable by the driver). The vehicle becomes dumb.

Was a tongue in cheek comment. I knew what you meant. Besides, how can I criticize GOAT modes, that's my nickname!
(y)🙂

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Dear Lord, you have to hold it for 5 seconds !?

On my Mustang and the wife's expedition you just have to press the button. I live on a dirt road, first thing I do after starting is turn off the traction control.
It's been that way for a long time.

Single press = TCS off and Advance Trac still on/in sport mode

Press and hold for 5+ seconds = TCS and Advance Trac off/All nannies off

Welcome to year one ownership folks, it very rarely goes off without a hitch.

300px-James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

That being said we need a bigger sample size before we can call foul.

Nah, I need them to jump so I can get moved up the list. ( Metaphorically, please no one actually jump off a ledge)
Ours should be here this week and we are planning to go wheeling Saturday. Will report back if we have any similar issues.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The jeep transfer case lever seems a pain to engage between 4h 2h and 4l at times and impossible to move. Thought bronco life would be easier with the rotary, oops.
You just pull it backwards...and a lever never fails due to electronic issues;)

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

…
I would be lying if I said all these electronics tied to vehicle performance don't make me a bit apprehensive. I have no doubt a bronco is great when everything is new and working, but will it do it over and over year after year?
👆👆👆 This, x 10,000. Just pull the damned lever.

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My F-150 had very similar issues when new. Pre collision warning, service advantrac, ABS, Battery charge fault. Got worse and worse over a couple weeks. Turned out to be a bad cell on the AGM battery. It provided enough voltage to start and run the truck normally, but when it needed the extra juice for ABS, etc. It couldn't handle it and would throw all kinds of warnings.

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just noticed that as well.
He's in Mud/Ruts mode when he reverses, then gets the warnings.

What's interesting is that when he shifts into 4L and engaged the locker, he's back in Normal Mode. I didn't notice him changing the GOAT mode at any point. That makes me think that when the system threw the warning about ABS and AdvanceTrac, it also switched him back to Normal. That would make sense if a key feature of the mode he's in is having issues (traction control).

My guess is either a software/sensor issue making the system think there's a problem (at which point some features are automatically disabled), or there an issue with the brakes impacting ABS/traction control.

Either is very possible. And since he didn't try to really troubleshoot, no way to tell.
Yes I think he put the 4l when it wasn’t supported by the mode he was in

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

User error and looks like a simple reset would have probably solved the current state issue. Another reset option is disconnect the negative battery terminal for 30 sec or so.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to year one ownership folks, it very rarely goes off without a hitch.

That being said we need a bigger sample size before we can call foul.

Nah, I need them to jump so I can get moved up the list. ( Metaphorically, please no one actually jump off a ledge)
This is pretty much what I was thinking. You need a sample size greater than 1 or 2 in order to identify a trend. At this point, he could have had operator error, a software glitch, a faulty part that missed manufacturing QC, the options are endless.

I got the Ram Rebel in the first year. I did a lot of turn it off, open the door, walk around the truck, cross your fingers, and start it back up, usually on the phone with the Ram tech support guys. There was the time I left it at a small town dealership I did my service at for a couple of days so they could recreate the problems.

The factory had even left out part of the back seat mounting so it made a horrendous racket off road. I had to take it in to get the back seat reinstalled. Since getting the manufacturing defects repaired, it's really been a great vehicle.

I had a 2003 Ram 2500 that needed the front end replaced the day I bought it. They had to get the parts from somewhere around Boston and get them shipped to Central TX to install. I traded that one in 16 years later and outside of that problem, the only things it ever needed were a water pump and the sway bar bushings replaced after they wore out.

What the video maker should have done is take the thing in to the express lane at the dealership and have the codes read. I guarantee the computer stored the codes of what it was doing and it would provide some useful information.