Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No way I’m putting a large down payment at ordering time especially if they can’t give
Me a delivery time..

no chance in Hell
No kidding. They can have my $100 as a down payment and not a penny more.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, that doesn't sound right.
I've seen others mention that when they place an order for a vehicle they might be required to pay a $500-1000 deposit, but not the full down payment. By all accounts, the financing isn't worked out until delivery anyway, so don't see how they could even know your down payment amount when you order.
I'll cancel my order if they make me put anything else down before delivery. The dealer is going to sell that unit if I don't take delivery. There is no way it'll sit. I'd argue they'd sell it for more to some tire kicker that came in to the dealership than me.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My lease is up in May of 21' and with a little on the way i cant just get a 2000$ pos to get me by. I wont back out unless I cant extend my lease or its too late but I would need a guaranteed date which is obviously uncertain atm.:confused:
I’m leasing too and mine is up this winter, I’ve never heard of extending the lease, is this common and easy to do?

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m leasing too and mine is up this winter, I’ve never heard of extending the lease, is this common and easy to do?
Is it a Ford product? Or the Tacoma in your profile thing?

If it was Ford, it would be super easy. You just tell them you have a Ford ordered and Ford Credit will make it happen. I don't know about Toyota.

KCSO71

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Going to hold out hope as Ford is scrambling to make a MT 2.7 combo and that is why there is a delay.

Sponsored

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That will be over 2 years between Manual transmissions for me. I am going to wait but it sure does hurt.

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I ordered late July 16th :( I wonder where that’ll put me...probably 2022?

Reactions: BE_

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All this rescheduling confirms my decision to buy a Jeep while I wait for the Bronco was right. I'll have three years of fun under my belt by the time I finally get to order, and actually receive a Bronco. Maybe more if they keep pushing the dates forward. SMH

Brando1

Wildtrak
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 911, 2001 Land Cruiser, 2008 CLS63, 2008 135i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It is surprisingly common. Call your leasing institution(the bank), not your dealer. The dealer will not help.

I wouldn't reach out to them until the last 30 days of the lease, but most of them will work with you as long as you have a good credit history with them.

Sponsored

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t know man, this might be the breaking point for me. Frankly if I have to wait till 2022 I’ll just move on to something else. It’s cool and I’m happy to wait till spring time, but if it takes over a year then I don’t really wanna deal with it. Starting to get reminded why I hate Ford.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds to me like Ford needs to start production earlier then. They had to know that demand for this vehicle was going to be high. We've only been waiting since it was teased in 2017 or 2018 (I can't remember). They need to hash out all the pricing details, including the accessories, let people configure, then start production the moment the first order comes in. I know this may be impossible, but it's still what they need to do.
As I’ve been saying for years, I’d rather wait and they get it right vs have an explorer debacle.

OP
OP

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting. Two years from now is a long time.
I'm not a brand loyalist at all. I preordered the Bronco because its the best factory offroad vehicle going right now.

This gives Toyota and Jeep plenty of time to launch a competing product. At the very least, we're looking for a refreshed Tundra and new 4runner.

If something else comes to market with a better value and does what the Bronco can do, that'll be where my money goes.
I agree. If the 6th gen 4runner can have identical turbo powertrains as the Bronco, I'll go for that instead.

I have a 2005 with almost 200,000 miles and it's still going strong

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well I wasn’t ordering right away regardless.
Same here, I will wait until Dec 2020 and Reserve. By the time it converts to order, it will be end of 2022 or 2023, by that time my existing Lease will end and it will be a good timing for me to move to Bronco.:cool:

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

more time to talk myself out of getting one ? I want the hybrid eventually anyway... I'm so impatient I just want Ford to COMMUNICATE with us and get their shit together
Sponsored