First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have sasquatch outer banks with bash plates. I live on a gravel road and take about half the gravel with me every time I leave. I believe my tube steps deflect most of them. Over 8k miles and I haven't seen any chips on the side. Now I just pretend I'm listening to a symphony every time I leave while listening to all the rocks pinging off my bash plates underneath for a couple miles.
Sponsored

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i had same issue on my gladiator with wild peak allterrains..got rid of them for mud terrains and prob went away mostly, as the wider gaps pickup heavier rocks that dislodge easier before they get thrown high at your vehicle....got mud flaps for bronco from ford accessories for 59 bucks front only

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Gatorbacks can be had for $350

The mounts, build quality and the design are really good

4861A896-1BE5-49D5-AB6C-585C2BB0D3B0.jpeg

24C26BEC-AE79-411E-A5A6-A8B4ED6DE1EC.jpeg
Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips F53E7B26-18AD-4343-86B4-79B8EAEFC8DA
Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips 6EE79951-7671-4CAC-947E-E4F7ED0C3C2D

Why do you think those gatorbacks are “incompatible” with sidesteps? Do you think the gatorbacks will fit with the 4wp sidestep?

Last edited:

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just emailed Rok Blokz to see when they will have something for the Bronco. I had them on my 2020 Raptor and was pleased with the fit and look.

Maybe some of you guys could also drop them an email to help push them developing for the Bronco.

https://rokblokz.com/
How do they have Maverick flaps but not Bronco? :p

I've seen a couple Broncos on the road but not a single Maverick yet.

Sponsored

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure where you are looking for mud flaps, but I got a full set, front and rear, of the Ford OEM mud flaps for $84.00 on eBay.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not sure where you are looking for mud flaps, but I got a full set, front and rear, of the Ford OEM mud flaps for $84.00 on eBay.
He was talking about the gator back mudflaps they run you close to 900 for the whole set front and back but there the best quality out there they can be had a little cheaper. They are made to use with the factory rock sliders too. You got to pay to play

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2021 bronco (400 miles) is covered in rock chips already. Here is a quick video on a easy DIY mud flap to save your paint. Yes Ford has 2 mud flaps available, 1 set does not fit SAS, and the other set is ugly and $500.

Yes these wheels push the tire out 35mm over stock, but majority of my miles were on the stock offset wheels, so it is still something to consider for everyone.

I had a step-side pickup when I was on Maui. I had the bed sprayed with a Berliner and did the rocker panels as well. Looked great and protected from the gravel storm as well. Would look pretty trick on your ride. Thinking about getting mine done from the lower detent line down.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a step-side pickup when I was on Maui. I had the bed sprayed with a Berliner and did the rocker panels as well. Looked great and protected from the gravel storm as well. Would look pretty trick on your ride. Thinking about getting mine done from the lower detent line down.
I did the same with bedliner on the 87. It worked well and looked far better than the Eddie Bauer tan strip (also repainted the hardtop white). I see that becoming very popular on these Broncos as they age.
Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips E9059520-41F3-4E63-981D-206DF90985A7

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did the same with bedliner on the 87. It worked well and looked far better than the Eddie Bauer tan strip (also repainted the hardtop white). I see that becoming very popular on these Broncos as they age.
Ford Bronco My bronco is covered in rock chips already. DIY mod to avoid rock chips E9059520-41F3-4E63-981D-206DF90985A7
Yep, that's the ticket. I've seen pics and heard of people doing the entire vehicle. Sounds not cheap. Lovin' the wheels there.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I was looking for the Mud Flaps without the Bronco or Kicking Horse Logo?

The Less Expensive ones look to be just as wide as the Gator Backs, but not as long. And no logos.

I would also lineX in Body Color if these do not work well.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, that's the ticket. I've seen pics and heard of people doing the entire vehicle. Sounds not cheap. Lovin' the wheels there.
I did that myself for about $90 and probably 5 hours of my time. I was a broke college kid at the time. That 2 part bedliner material from Napa proved to be brittle and cracked over the following 20 years. I would certainly recommend a better product for the new Bronco like Linex or Inyati professionally applied, probably under $500 for that lower section between the doors. The fact that the doors come off makes it an easier install.
Sponsored