Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually took some time looking at the interior leaks for all trims and imagined how they’d look in real life opposed to CGI and marketing photos. I think the Navy Pier interior has grown on me. It would look really good with Area 51 and also pretty good with Cactus Gray. Rapid Red or Cyber Orange, on the other hand, would not be a color I’d personally go with the Navy Pier Interior.

But as someone posted either earlier in this thread or one of the other threads discussing this interior; Ford made red Mustangs with blue stripes that people still bought - so I guess there is a market for those that like color clashing.
Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Already then, getting back to thread title. Thoughts on Navy Pier interior.
After alot of consideration I'm having a really hard time stepping down to a Badlands or Wildtrak. I guess I'm one of those persons that needs the highest trim levels. With that being said I'll most likely stick with my FE reservation. New options for me 1) Hope and pray Ford gives us more interior choices. 2) Spend the money and get a custom interior through Katzkin. 3) Live with the Navy Blue interior with the hopes it looks better in person than pics.
This is one hundred percent me right now. Word for word.
Same. As a millennial ;) I guess I feel the need to feel special.

just kidding. But there is a certain allure to the FE that’s cool. Especially with 230,000+ reservations.

yesterday I thought I had made up my mind that I would downgrade to the wildtrak, but I think I’m in the same boat as u @vintage
Same word-for-word for my options. But I'm ALSO banking on Black or Carbonized Gray to be an exterior option. I don't LOVE the four color choices we have. But yes, also the idea of tearing out the entire car... Makes me shutter.
My FE brothers, 'upgrading' to a Badlands to get more choices for exterior, interior all while saving money is never a downgrade ;)

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same word-for-word for my options. But I'm ALSO banking on Black or Carbonized Gray to be an exterior option. I don't LOVE the four color choices we have. But yes, also the idea of tearing out the entire car... Makes me shutter.
I would never do this. I changed the shift knob in my GT350R and it took me 3 months to convince myself to do it...lol

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too was looking at the "hacked interior" thread. I would never choose the navy pier interior but it won't be the worst ever....close but I've seen worse. The thing that bothers me with it is not the navy blue -- it's kind of a pastel navy (is that the "pier" part?)...

Badlands is a cactus grey or something? A light green dash...not sure I like that and not entirely sure what the other options will be on Badlands.

Hopefully the configurator will come through shortly.

Sponsored

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a 32 year old "Millennial," ya'll (fellow?) youngin's need to read the room. There's rarely hostility here. This is why older folks have so much difficulty talking to us because we're always on the defense. Acknowledge the generation gap and realize most remarks are just like your dad busting your balls in a lighthearted way. Sheesh.
Yup...I'm part of the earlier millennial gen. I'm quite happy and excited when I meet the younger gens, even the newer gen Z, in their early 20's who are genuinely excited about cars and driving. So many don't even care about cars. It's refreshing that some still have interest and are welcome and it always makes good conversation when you both have something in common. It's good to get their perspective as well!

Black on Black though man...lol, you sure you don't wanna take a big risk and at least throw a bit of gray in your dream interior? lol

Last edited:

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup...I'm part of the earlier millennial gen. I'm quite happy and excited when I meet the younger gens, even the newer gen Z, in their early 20's who are actually excited about cars and driving. So many don't even care about cars. It's refreshing that some still have interest and are welcome. It's good to get their perspective as well!

Black on Black though man...lol, you sure you don't wanna take a big risk and at least throw a bit of gray in your dream interior? lol
I'm all for gray and black! I dig the monochromatic look.

Also, doesn't this SCREAM volumes to Ford that we're (mostly) all willing to spend an additional $2k+ to reupholster our First Editions than live with Navy Pier?? I hope they're *actually* listening like they say they are.

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Also, doesn't this SCREAM volumes to Ford that we're (mostly) all willing to spend an additional $2k+ to reupholster our First Editions than live with Navy Pier?? I hope they're *actually* listening like they say they are.
I’d pay at least an extra 5k to get the “one off” interior that was on the cyber orange

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Not sure if you would want them to know that you’d just reupholster the seats yourself. They may just use that as the solution for those that don’t like the interior!

abarbs30

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC 2018
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’d pay at least an extra 5k to get the “one off” interior that was on the cyber orange
I'm with this guy, I'd pay more for the "king ranch" style interior and if available on a model that is not a first edition, I'd cancel my reservation and switch. This could spell issues for Ford if enough of the 7k reservations cancel bc of interior options, then maybe they go back down to 3500 units.

Sponsored

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm with this guy, I'd pay more for the "king ranch" style interior and if available on a model that is not a first edition, I'd cancel my reservation and switch. This could spell issues for Ford if enough of the 7k reservations cancel bc of interior options, then maybe they go back down to 3500 units.
10% of me is considering just getting a King Ranch new f150 .....

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My FE brothers, 'upgrading' to a Badlands to get more choices for exterior, interior all while saving money is never a downgrade ;)
Personally if I did go to a Badlands, I would want it loaded up like a FE. Without the build configurator we don't know if it would cost more or less than the FE with exact same options. My opinion is it'll be very close in price optioned out the same as FE. So why you ask stay with a FE. For me it's exclusivetcity and better resale value as only 7000 produced. And at the end of the day, I am that guy that wants the most expensive and highest trim level in the neighborhood. ? Lol

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Personally if I did go to a Badlands, I would want it loaded up like a FE. Without the build configurator we don't know if it would cost more or less than the FE with exact same options. My opinion is it'll be very close in price optioned out the same as FE. So why you ask stay with a FE. For me it's exclusivetcity and better resale value as only 7000 produced. And at the end of the day, I am that guy that wants the most expensive and highest trim level in the neighborhood. ? Lol
True. One thing that I don't want is the Safari bar, since it blocks the Bronco lettering and isn't stout compared to a Warn bumper. With the amount of deer around on the roads here, I want something that can make dinner if need-be. ?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

True. One thing that I don't want is the Safari bar, since it blocks the Bronco lettering and isn't stout compared to a Warn bumper. With the amount of deer around on the roads here, I want something that can make dinner if need-be. ?
I'm sure you can find multiple buyers on the this form that will buy the Safari bar. And you can use those proceeds towards a custom interior. Lol ?

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm sure you can find multiple buyers on the this form that will buy the Safari bar. And you can use those proceeds towards a custom interior. Lol ?
Warn bumper + Zeon and maybe the solenoid relocation kit if it obstructs the camera view :cool:
Sponsored