Sponsored

Bay Area Broncos

Here we go with the new G.O.A.T’s of the bay!!
Carbnight
Hello all Bay Area Bronco Fans!

I wanted to start a discussion about the idea of "power of numbers," I saw what some of the future owners are doing in Texas.* I also saw a dealership in Alabama**, that is doing the same thing. How do you all feel about banding together, locating a dealership in the Bay Area and see if we can work out some sort of group deals?

Given this being the return of the Bronco, and this is the first run, I think a dealership could benefit immensely by working with this new group.

I also think finding a dealership that works closely with an aftermarket retailer could mutually help our new clubs from the start. I think we could get add-ons and rig builds as a group to save on costs.

I'm just throwing out some ideas?

*(https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...xas-bronco-volume-buyers-group-groupbuy.3490/)

**()
Show full message
Hoofnmouth
Hoofnmouth
Good idea im all for it!
Boston182
Boston182
I'm totally in. Also, I'm a bit of a prick when it comes to negotiations, especially on vehicles. If we need a more-vocal volunteer to be the bulldog on these slimeballs, I'd be happy to be the one showing teeth for the sake of us all.
forbes2804
I'm in. I Reserved a 4 door Wildtrak at Ron Duprat Ford in Dixon. Can’t get a definite answer on ADM and x plan. They said probably “No mark up and they are still waiting on answer about x plan.“
SlamForce
SlamForce
That would be awesome. I plan on switching my reservation to Towne Ford in Redwood City, according to this site they have no ADM and offer X plan as well.
Carbnight
Carbnight
bronco38
Big fan of this idea currently have a reservation at Frontier Ford in San Jose my two questions would be...

1. How does this impact warranty/service plans if we choose a dealer farther away?
2. IF any of us decided to add accessories is that cost the same across dealers?
Boston182
Boston182
@bronco38 Accessories can be marked up over MSRP same as the vehicle itself. However, from what I've learned, the X-Plan applies to the vehicle as well as accessories. So we could factor No-ADM into our negotiations for accessories as well.

As for service plans, I'm unsure if those are transferrable between certified Ford dealers, but I'm sure that's something that's Google-able.
Boston182
Boston182
From the quick search I just did, it seems as if Extended Warranties and Service Plans follow the vehicle, not the dealer.
SlamForce
SlamForce
Spoke to Towne Ford in Redwood City and they are selling at MSRP, and no ADM, but have not yet confirmed X plan pricing.
bronco38
Also can confirm that Frontier Ford in San Jose will not charge ADM and will honor x-plan “if available”

I’ll also post in the Norcal thread a screenshot of my email response
Carbnight
Carbnight
Today I reached out to Dave Elkins, from Fremont Ford. He is the fleet manager and a relative of a co-worker. I will update you all with his answers to this idea. @Boston182, can you message me directly?

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views