Sponsored

Badlands Club

Join if you own or ordered a Badlands
davidjdavis
New Badlands (non-SAS) Cactus Grey. Did not want the SAS, as I will do my own lift, wheels and tires. We tend to do more overlanding style off-roading so I am going to build this to meet those needs. I am getting ready to take it on its first trip in the North Carolina mountains and do some Service Access Roads to test out some of the capabilities. Gotta see what it has first before the mods start.
Show full message

Attachments

SeptuagenarianSasquatch
Fewer and fewer places to do genuine overlanding these days. BLM is even closing down established trails! See thread, bottom. When you're up and running, check out the Pony Express Historic Byway in Utah, and on into Nevada. The Byway itself is a well-maintained unpaved road, suitable for sedans, and suitable for your Baja setting. But if you check out maps (and your instincts!) you'll find lots of challenging trails, two-track paths, and places to overland. It's beautifully remote, prepare for primitive camping.
Now, as to rigs: I have a stock Badlands Sas, which is quite adequate to my needs, and I took it in some pretty remote locales in Utah. You'll probably find your non-Sas very capable for very varied terrain as-is, but all this gets very addictive. I wonder which will be more fun for you: engineering your own upgrades, or running them offroad?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tah-appeals-moab-route-closures-by-blm.83769/
davidjdavis
davidjdavis
Thanks for the info, I will definitely check out the locations. There are quite a few overland trails that use the Forest Service Access roads that I have gone on in my wife's Jeep Gladiator Mojave - it will be fun to see the differences between the Gladiator and the Bronco.
And I enjoy going off-road more than the mods - but either one can be addictive! LOL I will make some mods, but they will need to fit the off-roading that I do - I am not much into street princesses.
SeptuagenarianSasquatch
"There are quite a few overland trails that use the Forest Service Access roads that I have gone on in my wife's Jeep Gladiator Mojave - it will be fun to see the differences between the Gladiator and the Bronco."
Take videos, images, and consider posting a report on the differences, especially if you still have the Mojave. There's a section on this site, "Bronco vs. the Competition." What would be fascinating would be a 3-way report on the Mojave vs. the stock Badlands vs. your modified (someday) Badlands.
Lots of good BLM roads and some trails in western Box Elder, Toele (Bonneville Salt Flats!), Juab, and Millard counties a non-Sas can explore. The thing is make sure you have tools, extra gas, water, and provisions. Services are...distant.
Happy wheeling!
Born2Drive
Born2Drive
Great choice. I sort of wish I didn't get the SAS option now. I would like to upgrade my wheels and tires, but now it seems I'm throwing away money. I really don't want to deal with trying to sell the SAS wheels and tires.

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
BRONCO CLUBS / GROUPS
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total views