Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

New Updates
Posted at 9:31 PM, Dec 21, 2023

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...hting-317-miles-of-blm-trail-closures-in-moab

David Pals, Field Manager for the Moab BLM Field Office.

“We did close 317 miles of routes in this area, but we still have 3,600 miles open to off-highway travel,” he said.

This plan was born out of the demand to protect wildlife and natural resources and improve public safety, said Pals.

“We apparently at the time did not take look at the resource concerns, and so we were looking at each route in depth,” he said.

Posted on December 23, 2023
https://utvguide.net/coalition-of-o...o-halt-closure-of-public-trails-in-moab-utah/

"Now it will be up to a Utah federal judge to decide whether the trails will remain closed while the litigation is pending, or whether they will be open and available to the hundreds of thousands of Jeepers, mountain bikers, dirt bike riders, and others who have enjoyed them for decades."

“The government has already announced that they would begin re-vegetating, bulldozing, and otherwise erasing these trails the moment they were closed,” said Matt Miller, a Senior Attorney at the Texas Public Policy Foundation and lead attorney on the case. “That is why an immediate injunction is necessary. If these closures are not immediately reversed, there could be no trails left after this litigation concludes, even after the plaintiffs win.”

“The federal government’s closing of these world-class routes ignores the evidence on the ground, the needs of the community, and the rich history of off-road recreation in the area,” added TPPF Attorney Nate Curtisi. “Worse yet, this government overreach was done in violation of a myriad of constitutional and statutory protections that were made specifically to avoid these kind of arbitrary and capricious actions.”

Read the Full Complaint Here: https://www.sharetrails.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Moab-District-Court-Original-Complaint.pdf

Read the Request for Preliminary Injunction Here: https://www.sharetrails.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Moab-Motion-for-705-and-PI.pdf

December 14, 2023
Utah Public Lands Alliance raises $70K to fight Moab dirt road, trail closures

"ST. GEORGE — The Utah Public Lands Alliance donated nearly $70,000 to the BlueRibbon Coalition to fund its legal challenge of the Moab Bureau of Land Management’s travel management plan, which closed hundreds of miles of dirt roads to off-road vehicles."

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...s-70k-to-fight-moab-dirt-road-trail-closures/

Nov 1st 2023
"According to the state of Utah’s appeal, the BLM’s decision violates the R.S. 2477 statute, which grants counties and states a right-of-way across federal lands. Roughly 114 miles of rights-of-way were closed with the new travel plan, attorneys for Utah write, closing “access to two parcels of state trust lands.”

Utah Sen. Mitt Romney on Tuesday voiced his support for Utah’s appeal. “Shutting down over 300 miles of off-road trails near Moab has extensive impact on the economy in the region. I support Utah’s efforts to appeal (the BLM’s) overreaching and nonsensical rule,”

"Appeals were filed with the Interior Board of Land Appeals, along with a motion to stay the route closures while the appeal is pending. The board has 45 days to respond."

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2023/1...g-updates-blm-gemini-bridges-labyrinth-canyon

Ford Bronco 12-25-23 Update State of Utah appeals Moab route closures by BLM Resized_20230503_091302

SALT LAKE CITY – Today Senator Mike Lee (R-UT) introduced the Historic Roadways Protection Act in the United States Senate in response to the Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) recent decision to close 317 miles of popular historic roads in Moab.

Senator Lee’s bill prohibits using federal money to enact new travel plans in Utah until all the historic road cases that are currently being adjudicated have been settled. Additionally, Sen. Lee’s legislation pauses any previous plans by the BLM to change how these lands are used until the courts reach a decision on these historic roads.

https://utvguide.net/blueribbon-coalition-supports-the-historic-roadways-protection-act/
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

About the Interior Board of Land Appeals

https://www.doi.gov/oha/about-interior-board-land-appeals

The Interior Board of Land Appeals (IBLA) is an appellate review body that exercises the delegated authority of the Secretary of the Interior to issue final decisions for the Department of the Interior. Its administrative judges decide appeals from bureau decisions relating to the use and disposition of public lands and their resources, mineral resources on the Outer Continental Shelf, and the conduct of surface coal mining operations under the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act. Located within the Department's Office of Hearings and Appeals, IBLA is separate and independent from the Bureaus and Offices whose decisions it reviews."

Sponsored
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the update @NORCALGXP (y)

Great picture ;)

🙏
I will be going to Moab in three weeks with the Norcal Bronco guys I wheel with, will be interesting to see if or what happens in the next few weeks.

Photo from my brother's drone of our trip. Thanks

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What a bunch of ugly mugs. And some Dick conspicuously absent from the driver's meeting of course, typical.
No Dick was still in the Bronco, see us all looking at Dick waiting on him.

@ Felix808

If I was a female I could say always waiting for Dick. :oops:

Ford Bronco 12-25-23 Update State of Utah appeals Moab route closures by BLM Resized_20230503_091129 - Copy (2)
Ford Bronco 12-25-23 Update State of Utah appeals Moab route closures by BLM Resized_20230503_091129 - Copy

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be going to Moab in three weeks with the Norcal Bronco guys I wheel with, will be interesting to see if or what happens in the next few weeks.

Photo from my brother's drone of our trip. Thanks
Is that photo taken over by the trailhead for Top fo the World? :)

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No Dick was still in the Bronco, see us all looking at Dick waiting on him.

@ Felix808

If I was a female I could say always waiting for Dick. :oops:

Ford Bronco 12-25-23 Update State of Utah appeals Moab route closures by BLM Resized_20230503_091129 - Copy
Even after zooming in I am not sure which finger the guy in the green shirt is signaling said Dick with to hurry the heck up.
That motion with a pointer finger could mean "HEY! we are all over here, waiting on you, can you hurry up?!"
or
What the other finger would mean. Either expressing his disdain or used in a greeting only some can appreciate as a fun rite of passage, acceptance, and shared merriment. It can be taken either way, or both ways in some cases!

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model