Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm wondering how he thought standing right next to the tow cables was safe....?? didn't even have a rope blanket and looked like he was using hard shackles.....recipe for disaster if anything broke.
Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm wondering how he thought standing right next to the tow cables was safe....?? didn't even have a rope blanket and looked like he was using hard shackles.....recipe for disaster if anything broke.
I suspect he's feeling a bit suicidal now that he's attracted everyone who loves commenting about safety on youtube

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Might be that he needed somebody to teach him. That's where the OffRodeo is great for most buyers.
To most people "lockers" are places they store stuff at school and the gym. Until it's demonstrated, "locking the axles" are just words to most people.
My neighbor has two Jeeps. Both with winches, light bars, etc. I asked him if they had lockers. He said, what's a locker?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My neighbor has two Jeeps. Both with winches, light bars, etc. I asked him if they had lockers. He said, what's a locker?
I knew about lockers long before I knew what they did. Reading Petersen's as a kid, they were talking about Detroits ratcheting and whatnot but had no idea how they worked. Came to the expert conclusion that they were probably some kind of ratcheting mechanism in the differential that let you go forward up a hill but kept you from rolling back down if you used the clutch or your engine died. If you needed to back up, you just unlocked them.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing how many dickish comments have been made over a simple question and clarification. This whole thread has brought out the jerk in a few too many, which is puzzling, 'cuz it's a cool video. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

And yeah, I got my Off-Roadeo scheduled in two weeks because I've had my Bronco all of three weeks. But I guess that has to be said? And that this is the first vehicle I've had slathered in cameras (but my third four wheel drive and sixth truck)? šŸ§

Anyhow, some people just like the looks of all the gear. If they can afford it, no harm no foul.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anyhow, some people just like the looks of all the gear. If they can afford it, no harm no foul.
Yes. If "real offroaders" were the only buyers of Wranglers, 4Runners and Broncos those vehicles would not exist. That market segment isn't large to sustain them.

The guy in the video tried going off road, got in over his head and called for help. Nobody and nothing (except maybe his wallet) were hurt. He now has some real world experience and he and his Bronco are unharmed. Plus we got an entertaining video out of it. :)

Another take away from the video should be is that as experienced as the MORR crew is they still used a spotter to get the Bronco out. That trail must not be as easy as it looks on video.

Last edited:

CaptMorgan

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
So guy doesnā€™t know how to drive and called for a preemptive recovery? Wow thatā€™s soft. Bronco was in no way stuck or in need of ā€œrescueā€.
Yeah, it's too bad not everyone is a premier off road driver like you and has to ask for help on occasion. Remind me, please, which year did you win KOH?

Reactions: bhb

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. If "real offroaders" were the only buyers of Wranglers, 4Runners and Broncos those vehicles would not exist. That market segment isn't large to sustain them.

The guy video tried going off road, got in over his head and called for help. Nobody and nothing (except maybe his wallet) were hurt. He now has some real world experience and he and his Bronco are unharmed. Plus we got an entertaining video out of it. :)

Another take away from the video should be is that as experienced as the MORR crew is they still used a spotter to get the Bronco out. That trail must not be as easy as it looks on video.
I can only imagine the story the park ranger tells of when that "city kid from Denton" got in over his head at Fort Richardson State Park on his bike in Texas on that 111deg day and had to be rescued and driven back. Caliche rock, which is white or tan, reflects a lot of heat and Texas in August is a sweltering beast. It also takes a lot more exertion because it'll roll under your wheel, especially up hill. They literally warned me before I went out, but "Oh I'll be ok!"

That was better that guy (who was me) called in and got a ride before disaster struck, than someone found me on the path later that day with heatstroke. Which he told me had happened a dozen times the last few years. Of course he'd rather give someone a ride than follow an ambulance, but y'know, people are people.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well that jeep probably weighs 4,000 lbs and is being pulled on snow with a 12,000 lbs winch. I highly doubt anything was being stressed. He knows what he's doing, he does this everyday. If you watch his videos religiously, when stuff gets extreme, he makes sure no one, including himself are in the line of fire.

ninjaBronco

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it's too bad not everyone is a premier off road driver like you and has to ask for help on occasion. Remind me, please, which year did you win KOH?
Donā€™t know about all that man. Guess Iā€™m just stubborn like that and would want to find a way if itā€™s physically possible. Firm believer in self-reliance. I mean Iā€™d rather try and fail than never see what my vehicle is capable of. If he was that unsure of his abilities he shouldā€™ve done his research and avoided the trail.

Sponsored

CaptMorgan

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Donā€™t know about all that man. Guess Iā€™m just stubborn like that and would want to find a way if itā€™s physically possible. Firm believer in self-reliance. I mean Iā€™d rather try and fail than never see what my vehicle is capable of. If he was that unsure of his abilities he shouldā€™ve done his research and avoided the trail.
You can do all the research in the world but you donā€™t know what the trail is really like until you get there. You may be willing to wad up your new Bronco but I would bet the vast majority of people arenā€™t. They made the right decision.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You again? You gotta stop saying stuff that makes me feel compelled to respond to. ;)

"Failing" on many of the trails in Southern Utah could have you rolling your Bronco down a steep hillside - and I don't mean on the wheels. All you have to do is go just a little bit beyond what your vehicle is capable of, and you're unlikely to realize that until it's too late, at least with your attitude.

As for researching the trails, just in the Moab area there are over 40 named trails and a lot of details to keep track of. If the guy had researched the one he was on he might only get one sentence about the tricky spot near the top, and that might not have set off the right alarms.

I heavily researched the trail in the photo below (White Rim Trail), but it still didn't prepare me for the few difficult spots that I encountered there. Fortunately, conditions were ideal, so it wasn't dangerous anywhere, but after a big rain it can be absolutely treacherous.

pXIv7gH.jpg

Have you ever had your Bronco on a hill steeper than ten degrees?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dunno, arm chair QB and all it does seem like he coulda done it, but with the comments that it is steeper than it looks, and that there was a spot a little higher up where vehicles have rolled I guess it wasn't a bad decision šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you have cameras on the side mirrors (360 cam), in rock mode there's a view that shows the front tires. Pretty handy in certain places.
doesn't even have to be Rock mode, I have a wildtrak and don't havbe Rock mode and I get the tire cams. They're amazingly awesome for offroading certain obstacles or narrow clearances.
Sponsored