Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

doesn't even have to be Rock mode, I have a wildtrak and don't havbe Rock mode and I get the tire cams. They're amazingly awesome for offroading certain obstacles or narrow clearances.
I think Mud/Ruts also let you switch to tire cam, but when you're in Normal/Sport/Eco it just has the front camera and not the ones from the mirrors that point directly at the wheels.
Either way, super awesome camera placement.
Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think Mud/Ruts also let you switch to tire cam, but when you're in Normal/Sport/Eco it just has the front camera and not the ones from the mirrors that point directly at the wheels.
Either way, super awesome camera placement.
You can use all the camera modes in basic 4L. I do it all the time. a GOAT mode is not required. You push the button and then the hamburger in the upper left of your screen will allow you to change the view.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can use all the camera modes in basic 4L. I do it all the time. a GOAT mode is not required. You push the button and then the hamburger in the upper left of your screen will allow you to change the view.
Interesting - I swear it told me 4L wasn't available in Normal, but maybe it was in Sport since that's my daily drive mode 🤣

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean, you don't really need to go to off-rodeo to understand the basic functions of your vehicle....
It wasn't not understanding the basic functions, it was the confidence to use the off road capabilities that it has. The Off-Roadeos give people the opportunity to get an introductory training under the guidance of expert off roaders.

nrlucas

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Buick Regal GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, so how is that soft? The guy was alone, inexperienced, knew his limitations and didn't want to get into a situation that he couldn't handle. Better to call for help now than let your ego get in the way and risk injury and/or Bronco damage. Dude learned a good lesson that day of the importance of wheeling with company. Most oh F! recovery situations are caused by ego and/or peer pressure.
It's only soft for the "nut up or shut up" mindset. AKA people with skewed perceptions of manhood. AKA the kind of person who ends up in a situation where Matt and crew are REALLY needed.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

doesn't even have to be Rock mode, I have a wildtrak and don't havbe Rock mode and I get the tire cams. They're amazingly awesome for offroading certain obstacles or narrow clearances.
Yeah there's a ton of ways to get to it, I just wish it was available in any mode I wanted.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I usedta wheel my F-250 a lot when I was stationed out west...side hills skeer the sheeit outta me.
What I've learned from this thread is I shoulda bought a Corvair.
Yep, and slick rock covered in gravel will put you sideways in a hurry.

RynoRanger

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Website
azbluey.com
Vehicle(s)
2.7L Badlands NS 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I normally watch their videos and came here as soon as I saw there was a Bronco in the video haha. Somehow I knew there would be a thread.

So... I like whomever said it earlier in the thread... the Bronco didn't need to be rescued, the guy did but... that's not necessarily bad and it's a good thing he knew his limitations and HOPEFULLY learned a valuable lesson. The truck is more than capable but inexperience shows; and that's okay... keeps Matt and his crew employed and nobody got hurt.
IDK what trail it is and what OnX / Trails Offroad rates it but... would be interesting to see. I know some trails i've been on are "very hard" and it's only for like 1 or 2 small sections... or the opposite where it's "easy" and I got little schweaty thinking through a tough section.

I solo often but I'm fairly choosy of where I go and won't do anything too rough unless I have another truck and human. I had one time I realized... I really need a radio; if I had got stuck back there... I was screwed for a while so... lessons. always learning ;)

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if he had the 360-Degree cameras on his. Thats dodgy as hell with them, and I would want a spotter there too.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If anyone's been following MORR for any length of time, there's an old guy that goes out to Sand Hollow alone all the time in a SXS and is always getting stuck or needing a rescue because he's about as inexperienced as it gets. The doctor told him to find some kind of outdoor hobby to keep him active, so he decided to buy a RZR and go wheel. Matt's team goes out there to pull him out or drive him to safety free of charge. At this point he's likely pretty skilled with his rig, I haven't seen them rescue him in quite a while, but he definitely didn't start out with any experience. The Bronco owner is probably in the same boat as far as experience and skill. He gets a pass because he's actually out there doing something instead of being on the internet posting on a forum like me lol

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMO
If an experienced driver in off road recovery, like Lizzy, needed a spotter, he made the right call. Pun intended 😎

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve learned to appreciate the advice of: don’t go out alone.
Went out to a local off road park over the weekend by myself on the way home.
Couldn't find my way out as most of the entrances were closed off due to the recent storms in SoCal.
Spent almost an hour trying to find my way out, and I later found the breadcrumbs in my onboard Sync Nav to guide me out.
But boy, that was scary, as some of those trails looked like they hadn't been used in years with weed growth coming up to my hood, and I really could've used a spotter in some parts. The trail cam showing the front 2 tires really helped, but had to keep switching back from the NAV to the cams.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Couldn't find my way out as most of the entrances were closed off due to the recent storms in SoCal.
Spent almost an hour trying to find my way out, and I later found the breadcrumbs in my onboard Sync Nav to guide me out.
But boy, that was scary, as some of those trails looked like they hadn't been used in years with weed growth coming up to my hood, and I really could've used a spotter in some parts. The trail cam showing the front 2 tires really helped, but had to keep switching back from the NAV to the cams.
I'm totally with you. Everything is fine until you realize it isn't. We were in Mammoth a couple of weeks ago. It hadn't snowed in a week or so, so the roads were good and some trails were OK. I thought of going out by myself while everyone else was skiing. Decided against it...

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm totally with you. Everything is fine until you realize it isn't. We were in Mammoth a couple of weeks ago. It hadn't snowed in a week or so, so the roads were good and some trails were OK. I thought of going out by myself while everyone else was skiing. Decided against it...
Good choice.
I learned my lesson, and I'm not doing that again.
Would never consider it in the snow now.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would you be willing to share the name of your local off road park? I would like to check if the trails are visible on Gaia GPS.
Sponsored