Sponsored

Coalition of Off-Roaders Challenges Imminent Closure of 317 Miles of Trails Near Moab, UT

Offroader1989

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This morning, a coalition of off-roaders challenged the decision by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to close 317 miles of off-roading trails near Moab, Utah. If allowed to stand, the closures will affect over 40 routes that have been popular for decades with off-roaders, overlanders, side-by-side users, dirt bikers, and dispersed campers.

The attached map lists some of the most prominent closures.

More details on the legal effort here: https://www.texaspolicy.com/press/coalition-of-off-roaders-challenges-imminent-closure-of-317-miles-of-trails-near-moab-ut

BLM Moab Trails Map.jpg
Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have little hope of it succeeding, but more power to them.
Yep, too much out of state money from the Greenies who probably will never step foot in Moab. Just like Alaska, 99% who want land shut down have never been there, don't give 2 cents if the natives starve because of no work but feel all warm and fuzzy for Stopping Big Oil. Doing their bit for the planet as it gets stripped mined to supply their elec POS vehicles.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This morning, a coalition of off-roaders challenged the decision by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to close 317 miles of off-roading trails near Moab, Utah. If allowed to stand, the closures will affect over 40 routes that have been popular for decades with off-roaders, overlanders, side-by-side users, dirt bikers, and dispersed campers.

The attached map lists some of the most prominent closures.

More details on the legal effort here: https://www.texaspolicy.com/press/coalition-of-off-roaders-challenges-imminent-closure-of-317-miles-of-trails-near-moab-ut

Ford Bronco Coalition of Off-Roaders Challenges Imminent Closure of 317 Miles of Trails Near Moab, UT BLM Moab Trails Ma
Ok, I read the appeal statements, but I dont see a reason for the closure, or by whom. Is this a BLM decision, or other directing them? I read a reference to "the President" but what does that mean . . . If I knew who directs the closure and why, I'd know who to write to.

OP
OP

Offroader1989

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok, I read the appeal statements, but I dont see a reason for the closure, or by whom. Is this a BLM decision, or other directing them? I read a reference to "the President" but what does that mean . . . If I knew who directs the closure and why, I'd know who to write to.
This page on the BlueRibbon Coalition website explains the background a bit more and suggests ways to take action: https://www.sharetrails.org/the-brc...actions-you-can-take-to-fight-for-our-trails/

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was is really bad is that BLM went above the proposed plan & closed even more trails & did not follow their own guidance :mad:.
This hopefully will give the appeal a better chance 🙏.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are always those that are willing, and want to, take away the freedom of others.
Sponsored