First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the write up! I am new to off-roading and I hope to travel to Moab to try out the Bronc's legs and my limited skills. I have some friends with Jeeps that also are rookies and want to go. Any other advice? Thanks
Umm ...

Slickrock isn't usually slick. It's more like sandpaper when it's dry but can get slippery when wet. Lots of terrain in Moab is intermittent slickrock and sand. The leading cause of CVs breaking in Moab is suddenly regaining traction between sand and slickrock. Throttle control is important and just sending it usually result in spectacular failure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Apples

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am a never been and never done that (new to off-roading), but I am really looking forward to going to Moab. I have been doing a fair amount of research about what Moab has to offer and as a rookie I am worried that I will overstep my limits. I will likely keep to the easier trails, but which moderate trails would you recommend that have by-passes around the more challenging obstacles? -Thanks
Pick up the Funtreks books. Their ratings are conservative and they are good about telling you exactly where the tougher parts are and where the bypasses are.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am worried that I will overstep my limits. I will likely keep to the easier trails, but which moderate trails would you recommend that have by-passes around the more challenging obstacles? -Thanks

Pretty much all obstacles on a trail has bypasses. There are numerous obstacles on a trail. Look at the ratings and if you stay with hell’s revenge and fins and things as your highest level trail you will be ok.

For a comparison, Jeep host a jamboree every year at Moab. Lots of sport and Sahara trim Jeeps (no lockers), with 31” tires go on fins and things. They get thru it with rarely any damage. Almost never have to be winched or pulled out of a tight spot. Cant say never because there is always that one rare instance.

Ford Bronco Moab 4x4 Trails 8EE155C2-BEB4-44D4-B23B-3786C37FEEC4

Here is a grand Cherokee that went on hells revenge in Moab on my trip. That should ease your issues a little. Get out there and have fun.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised Gold Bar Rim or Cliffhanger didn't make the list.
Ford Bronco Moab 4x4 Trails 100_1691
Ford Bronco Moab 4x4 Trails 100_1438

OP
OP
Apples

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm surprised Gold Bar Rim or Cliffhanger didn't make the list.
I haven't done them and would have never attempted them in my Xterra. Maybe with the Bronco once I've got 35s or larger and a lift on it.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't done them and would have never attempted them in my Xterra. Maybe with the Bronco once I've got 35s or larger and a lift on it.
Yeah, I wouldn't of taken an Xterra on either one as well. We know the Bronco can do Gold Bar Rim as they show the last clip here coming up the waterfall.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everybody. Moab is one of my favorite places. There is something for everyone; every level of experience and every build of vehicle.

I'll probably be out there 3-4 times before I even get my hands on my Bronco but it will be destination #1 once I do have it.
hi
i have made all trail you describe + HOT TUB in HELL REVENGE. When i visit MOAB i stay there 1 month each time in may. i Have complete WHITE RIM in one day with brand new F150 super cab 8 feets box without scrasth on it. Kane creek is tought do not fit with a F150 no no forget it i am happy to read you
TRACKTOY
IMGP9909.JPG

OP
OP
Apples

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
i Have complete WHITE RIM in one day with brand new F150 super cab 8 feets box without scrasth on it.
That's one long ass day. Most people split it into 2-3 days.

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's one long ass day. Most people split it into 2-3 days.
I know but only 30 days at MOAB is short to we plan our trip 1 year before at each time, we rent a house for 30 days, we make
2 trails per day or white rim only one day ! . From home it`s 4 days to go at MOAB and 4 days to return. we stay at MORRIS LAST RESSORT 30 NIGHT. We have all MOAB trails in our GPS.. Yes we plan to return there with the BRONCO.
TRACKTOY

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pick up the Funtreks books. Their ratings are conservative and they are good about telling you exactly where the tougher parts are and where the bypasses are.
Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely get ahold of one of those!!

Sponsored

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely get ahold of one of those!!
Hi
FUNTREK sell all trail on sd card you can install directly on your Gps to.TRACKTOY

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great write up, thanks! Do Moab Rim trail and you may change your mind about the best views, they are spectacular! I did it in my F150 on 35"s, rear LSD only. Had to be pulled 4 different times. I think with a front locker I could have cleaned it.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs