Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco and others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does a town council deny an intent? That's some serious mind control right there.
Nobody denied intent, they denied a permit. Are you on your meds today?
Their process requires approval for an "Intent to Apply" step prior to submitting an actual permit application. It's essentially a "don't bother doing all the extra work for a full application" decision, which supposedly makes things more efficient for everyone.
Ford Bronco 12-25-23 Update State of Utah appeals Moab route closures by BLM 1000010511
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Dick was still in the Bronco, see us all looking at Dick waiting on him.

@ Felix808

If I was a female I could say always waiting for Dick. :oops:

Ford Bronco 12-25-23 Update State of Utah appeals Moab route closures by BLM 1000010511
He was giving me back my jack. It's right behind my LR tire in the second pics...so that's 2 Dicks down! Man this BLM deal sure has turned into a boondoggle! At least somebody is on our side (somebody of means anyway!)

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Their process requires approval for an "Intent to Apply" step prior to submitting an actual permit application. It's essentially a "don't bother doing all the extra work for a full application" decision, which supposedly makes things more efficient for everyone.
effectively the same thing, just saved some time i guess?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for adding context to how the process works.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Posted at 9:31 PM, Dec 21, 2023

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...hting-317-miles-of-blm-trail-closures-in-moab

David Pals, Field Manager for the Moab BLM Field Office.

“We did close 317 miles of routes in this area, but we still have 3,600 miles open to off-highway travel,” he said.

This plan was born out of the demand to protect wildlife and natural resources and improve public safety, said Pals.

“We apparently at the time did not take look at the resource concerns, and so we were looking at each route in depth,” he said.

Posted on December 23, 2023
https://utvguide.net/coalition-of-o...o-halt-closure-of-public-trails-in-moab-utah/

"Now it will be up to a Utah federal judge to decide whether the trails will remain closed while the litigation is pending, or whether they will be open and available to the hundreds of thousands of Jeepers, mountain bikers, dirt bike riders, and others who have enjoyed them for decades."

“The government has already announced that they would begin re-vegetating, bulldozing, and otherwise erasing these trails the moment they were closed,” said Matt Miller, a Senior Attorney at the Texas Public Policy Foundation and lead attorney on the case. “That is why an immediate injunction is necessary. If these closures are not immediately reversed, there could be no trails left after this litigation concludes, even after the plaintiffs win.”

“The federal government’s closing of these world-class routes ignores the evidence on the ground, the needs of the community, and the rich history of off-road recreation in the area,” added TPPF Attorney Nate Curtisi. “Worse yet, this government overreach was done in violation of a myriad of constitutional and statutory protections that were made specifically to avoid these kind of arbitrary and capricious actions.”

Read the Full Complaint Here: https://www.sharetrails.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Moab-District-Court-Original-Complaint.pdf

Read the Request for Preliminary Injunction Here: https://www.sharetrails.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Moab-Motion-for-705-and-PI.pdf

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

December 14, 2023
Utah Public Lands Alliance raises $70K to fight Moab dirt road, trail closures

"ST. GEORGE — The Utah Public Lands Alliance donated nearly $70,000 to the BlueRibbon Coalition to fund its legal challenge of the Moab Bureau of Land Management’s travel management plan, which closed hundreds of miles of dirt roads to off-road vehicles."

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/a...s-70k-to-fight-moab-dirt-road-trail-closures/

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Things like this do not help to win the hearts and minds of those managing the trail systems:

I will admit that I watch and enjoy the content from Fab Rats, Trail Mater, and Rudy's. But they also tend to err on the side of "don't dig up the entire trail with the skinny pedal", too.

(specifically referring to the dumbass in the yellow buggy)

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Things like this do not help to wins the hearts and minds of those managing the trail systems:

I will admit that I watch and enjoy the content from Fab Rats, Trail Mater, and Rudy's. But they also tend to err on the side of "don't dig up the entire trail with the skinny pedal", too.

(specifically referring to the dumbass in the yellow buggy)
Thanks for posting this video it just makes us offroader's all look bad when some are just ripping up the trails. 😡

OP
OP
NORCALGXP

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is anyone still coming out 4-30 to 5-3? we are looking for more people to do some trails. Send pm.
Sponsored