First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco in production and 2015 MB ML400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Tricky Dick my bro may need your help. @sojoant He is stuck on Ice Mountain.
Any assistance is appreciated.
Placed a reservation 7/13/2020 for a Wildtrak through Chapman Ford EHT, NJ. Received the confirm email from Chapman on 7/14/2020. Placed my official order late January 2021….months of nothing then November 18th I get the build info email and I stop writing my hate letter to Ford and the dealership. In the build email it has an order date of October 2021 that I know nothing about. (Must have been the dealer screwing me). I checked that build tracker 5 times a day waiting for it to get out of production then this morning my delivery date moved from 2/9/2022 to 5/10/2022. Here is another kick in the shorts. In August of 2020 the dealership owner Bill called me to thank me for being the first Bronco order in the system for them. Now he has taken delivery of his First Edition and had delivered a handful to other people. How is this happening? I want to punch Bill Ford in the face and the owner of. Chapman Ford Bill for doing nothing to help me when I have gone through the process and played this horrible game the are controlling.

I called Ford (the dealership is only able to provide me the 800 generic ford number per ford they informed me) to speak to some one and I have to wait for a return call who knows when.

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She's finally free from Dirt Mountain! 567 days from reservation, 370 days from order, 176 days from blend.

She arrived with 70 miles on the ODO. I inspected using @cat's checklist. Flawless except the tiniest bit of snakeskin on the passenger front panel.

First impressions are the gearing is a tad high, 6th isn't too useful. Mileage drops off a cliff over 60mph. I averaged right at 18mpg on the 350 miles home, with speeds between 60-75.

The Sirius selection sucks. The base speakers are not impressive but they're not as terrible as expected from other's reviews.

The ASS doesn't bother me, it stays running with the clutch depressed and restarts plenty quick enough if I'm in neutral with clutch out.

It took a minute to get the seat adjusted but it's quite comfy when it's there. The lumbar is going to be a sweaty spot though.

The headlights are nice and bright, night driving didn't bother me as much as usual. The auto dimming worked perfectly, I like that feature.

I'm leaving the nannies enabled, they didn't bother me at all.

The "analog" speedo is dumb and a waste of space. Never even look at it. The bar tach works fine.

Stay tune for mods, although they're going to minimal because this thing rocks right out of the box.

20220201_195737_HDR.jpg
My concern with the ASS is when the motor is hot and the engine shuts down at a light - is anything keeping the oil circulating through the engine and turbos?

Personally, I hate it. I think the vehicle stalled - and am like "oh shit" and then I remember it is just the ASS - and I turn it off.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My concern with the ASS is when the motor is hot and the engine shuts down at a light - is anything keeping the oil circulating through the engine and turbos?

Personally, I hate it. I think the vehicle stalled - and am like "oh shit" and then I remember it is just the ASS - and I turn it off.
I haven't done enough testing and haven't romped on it either to get it good and hot, but it seems like kind of a smart system that knows when it shouldn't shut off. Every once in a while it flashes a grayed out symbol instead of green and stays running. Maybe someone with more mileage can confirm.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any assistance is appreciated.
Placed a reservation 7/13/2020 for a Wildtrak through Chapman Ford EHT, NJ. Received the confirm email from Chapman on 7/14/2020. Placed my official order late January 2021….months of nothing then November 18th I get the build info email and I stop writing my hate letter to Ford and the dealership. In the build email it has an order date of October 2021 that I know nothing about. (Must have been the dealer screwing me). I checked that build tracker 5 times a day waiting for it to get out of production then this morning my delivery date moved from 2/9/2022 to 5/10/2022. Here is another kick in the shorts. In August of 2020 the dealership owner Bill called me to thank me for being the first Bronco order in the system for them. Now he has taken delivery of his First Edition and had delivered a handful to other people. How is this happening? I want to punch Bill Ford in the face and the owner of. Chapman Ford Bill for doing nothing to help me when I have gone through the process and played this horrible game the are controlling.

I called Ford (the dealership is only able to provide me the 800 generic ford number per ford they informed me) to speak to some one and I have to wait for a return call who knows when.

Thanks Anthony
Anthony I don't have any real connections but I'll share some of the things I've tried for information. I'll send you a PM.

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

She's finally free from Dirt Mountain! 567 days from reservation, 370 days from order, 176 days from blend.

She arrived with 70 miles on the ODO. I inspected using @cat's checklist. Flawless except the tiniest bit of snakeskin on the passenger front panel.

First impressions are the gearing is a tad high, 6th isn't too useful. Mileage drops off a cliff over 60mph. I averaged right at 18mpg on the 350 miles home, with speeds between 60-75.

The Sirius selection sucks. The base speakers are not impressive but they're not as terrible as expected from other's reviews.

The ASS doesn't bother me, it stays running with the clutch depressed and restarts plenty quick enough if I'm in neutral with clutch out.

It took a minute to get the seat adjusted but it's quite comfy when it's there. The lumbar is going to be a sweaty spot though.

The headlights are nice and bright, night driving didn't bother me as much as usual. The auto dimming worked perfectly, I like that feature.

I'm leaving the nannies enabled, they didn't bother me at all.

The "analog" speedo is dumb and a waste of space. Never even look at it. The bar tach works fine.

Stay tune for mods, although they're going to minimal because this thing rocks right out of the box.

20220201_195737_HDR.jpg
hOLY Crap, Finally.!!! Congrats Dick. You have been waiting a long long time.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is really weird not having trackers to check or anything to bitch about. @604Bronco I need some inspiration for negativity, whatcha got?
You could track the # of things you hate about your Bronco or Zuk? Make a neat little Google Doc spreadsheet or something?

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could track the # of things you hate about your Bronco or Zuk? Make a neat little Google Doc spreadsheet or something?
You might be on to something. Just look at them.

20220203_160802.jpg

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got insurance squared away today and it wasn't bad. Total increase of about $40/mo. $80/year to add zero deductible glass coverage so I jumped on that.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first 500 was quick. I have to argue with myself not to go for a drive just because.

20220205_122530_HDR.jpg

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats, glad to see you finally got off Dirt Mountain. Enjoy the crap out of it.

Wonder if Dirt Mountain or Ice Mountain will be a niche sub group of collectability. They do define the supply chain and roll out issues of this. 2021 in its own right with a MIC top will be limited enough but one in or out of dirt mountain gives our rigs a story before they even got to us.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats, glad to see you finally got off Dirt Mountain. Enjoy the crap out of it.

Wonder if Dirt Mountain or Ice Mountain will be a niche sub group of collectability. They do define the supply chain and roll out issues of this. 2021 in its own right with a MIC top will be limited enough but one in or out of dirt mountain gives our rigs a story before they even got to us.
Thanks. I'd guess DM would have the slight edge in rarity, but IM might be better built.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the wheel/color combo. Nice!
Thanks! But I think I'm going to swap them out for Motegi Trailites in the summer and make these my winter wheels.

20220205_093032_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.