First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering changing my build to VB since CO is done moving forward, how does it compare to all the other blue cars on the road?

I haven't seen many in person so it's hard to tell if this is going to look like another shade of blue or if it stands out (similar to Miami Blue on Porsches where you can see it from a mile away).
I think it's also a color option for one of the F150 versions.

IMG_5967.jpg
Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering changing my build to VB since CO is done moving forward, how does it compare to all the other blue cars on the road?

I haven't seen many in person so it's hard to tell if this is going to look like another shade of blue or if it stands out (similar to Miami Blue on Porsches where you can see it from a mile away).
20220824_151047.jpg

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Oh, you will be noticed. VB always catches my eye when one goes by, especially when they are clean. There are lots of F150’s, Rangers, and other Fords on the road in this color, but as with most colors I like it better on the Bronco because the black trim balances it out. When you start painting the fenders, bumpers, and grills the same bright colors, it tends to be overbearing. IMO…

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

As others have said it's an existing color so you can go down to your Ford dealer and see it in person, that's what I did way back when.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Based on pictures, I was not a fan of Velocity Blue, however my six year old really wanted that color, so I ordered it anyway. As soon as I saw it, I loved the color. Absolutely NO Regrets with Velocity Blue and it isn’t a color that is everywhere you look as it comes to the Bronco.

Sponsored

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on pictures, I was not a fan of Velocity Blue, however my six year old really wanted that color, so I ordered it anyway. As soon as I saw it, I loved the color. Absolutely NO Regrets with Velocity Blue and it isn’t a color that is everywhere you look as it comes to the Bronco.
20220829_100843.jpg

20220829_100909.jpg

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, you will be noticed. VB always catches my eye when one goes by, especially when they are clean. There are lots of F150’s, Rangers, and other Fords on the road in this color, but as with most colors I like it better on the Bronco because the black trim balances it out. When you start painting the fenders, bumpers, and grills the same bright colors, it tends to be overbearing. IMO…
I have VB on my Bronco and 100% agree with this.

You can see VB on various Fords at your local dealership. And I was at a stoplight just yesterday behind an F-150 with the same color. Not super common but not rare, either.

I agree, VB *does* look better on the Bronco than, say, an F-150 because the additional black plastic on the Bronco does balance it out. In general, the Bronco calls out for brighter paint, whether red or blue or yellow/orange or green, because of all the dark plastic. I don't understand getting a gray or silver in the Bronco, but that's just my opinion.

Bonus: Get a Black Diamond or Outer Banks or Wildtrak (?), so you can get the blue interior accents. Match the exterior better.
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/features/interior/

Double bonus: Get a two-door, so the exterior color is carried through to the interior.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/matching-interior-door-color.11001/

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just picked up my Velocity Blue last week! Build details are in my signature. This color is a showstopper! I included one photo from inside a parking garage to show the difference in color between natural sunlight and artificial light (it's darker in artificial light which is fun). I have the Roast interior too, which goes really well with the VB color. Also, all the OBX blue accents on the interior is a huge added bonus for this color (blue grab handles, vent knobs, seat stitching). I'm in love!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have VB on my Bronco and 100% agree with this.

You can see VB on various Fords at your local dealership. And I was at a stoplight just yesterday behind an F-150 with the same color. Not super common but not rare, either.

I agree, VB *does* look better on the Bronco than, say, an F-150 because the additional black plastic on the Bronco does balance it out. In general, the Bronco calls out for brighter paint, whether red or blue or yellow/orange or green, because of all the dark plastic. I don't understand getting a gray or silver in the Bronco, but that's just my opinion.

Bonus: Get a Black Diamond or Outer Banks or Wildtrak (?), so you can get the blue interior accents. Match the exterior better.
https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/features/interior/

Double bonus: Get a two-door, so the exterior color is carried through to the interior.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/matching-interior-door-color.11001/
Triple bonus, as a Navy veteran, her the Badlands in Velocity Blue, 2dr - Blue & Gold Goat!! LOLOLOL

20220829_100923.jpg

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See.....Although not bad pictures, the color looks good, I don't feel that it looks great.....I think it looks much better in person as the sun is on it....Definitely turns heads everywhere I go anyway.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine, but the pictures do not do the color justice…..Much better in person…..

A8E39078-9F53-470B-83C8-634D1A3E2DB1.jpeg

BA526DE1-F97D-47E3-A114-40951E505262.jpeg

B2B5AA9E-9B0A-413C-B06F-EA3FE0574EF3.jpeg

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine, but the pictures do not do the color justice…..Much better in person…..

Ford Bronco VELOCITY BLUE Bronco Club B2B5AA9E-9B0A-413C-B06F-EA3FE0574EF3
When I was in 7th grade, I spent the entire summer going around the neighborhood doing odd jobs (yardwork, garage cleanup, etc.) so that I could buy myself a brand new Schwinn bicycle. The bike was a bright metallic blue, and this picture above totally reminds me of that color! This may be why I have an affinity for Velocity Blue…
🤔💡😃

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I was in 7th grade, I spent the entire summer going around the neighborhood doing odd jobs (yardwork, garage cleanup, etc.) so that I could buy myself a brand new Schwinn bicycle. The bike was a bright metallic blue, and this picture above totally reminds me of that color! This may be why I have an affinity for Velocity Blue…
🤔💡😃
IAG_Steps_install-8-25-2022.jpg

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was originally CO but changed to Velocity Blue and am so glad. I believe that VB stands out even more than CO. The only other color that might stand out as much is Race Red but I love my VB!!! Do it you won't be disappointed
Ford Bronco VELOCITY BLUE Bronco Club 74578BB9-2AD9-4B2B-9049-B882955C960C
Ford Bronco VELOCITY BLUE Bronco Club B2B02DF3-730A-4998-B49B-7D40532AD89F
Ford Bronco VELOCITY BLUE Bronco Club 976CB4F0-8C98-4EBB-8030-BA42EF17C59E
, I promise
Sponsored