Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was driving by a parking lot today and saw an FJ Cruiser in a shade of blue that I had never seen on one before. It looked so close to A51 that I had to pull in and see it up close. The owner was in the vehicle, and of course the first thing I had to do was ask him was if he'd mind me taking a couple pics of them next to each other. He was so cool, not even did he say it was ok, but he was out taking pictures, too... and I was getting edumacated on FJs.

So, here is why I don't think I've noticed one before... it's a one-year only color limited to a last year model special edition - a 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Ultimate Edition (or TTUE), which was limited to a single run of 2,500. The color is Heritage Blue with a White grille (Hmmm 🤔), and it's exclusive to the TTUE. It's also got remote reservoir coilovers and some other cool trail-ready goodies.

I think it looks bad ass next to A51, and it's cool how you can see how the colors change from the different angles of the sun.

Screenshot_20221020-160531_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221020-160551_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221020-160252_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221020-160224_Gallery.jpg

From the web:
But this isn’t just any FJ Cruiser. Our tester is the 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Ultimate Edition, a limited edition package put together to celebrate the Land Cruiser FJ40 of the 1960’s. It is also the unofficial send off for FJ, as 2014 will be its last year on the market.

Based on the already capable FJ Cruiser Trail Teams, the Ultimate Edition package adds style and substance. It’s finished in Heritage Blue paint along with black accents and a white grille. Overall, the FJ’s style is plucky and fun, always giving you the impression that its ready to go play.

Not Just About Looks
A black roof rack helps if you need to strap anything down and is the most noticeable functional upgrade that comes along with the Ultimate Edition. Less visible upgrades are made to the suspension, which runs 66mm front shock assemblies along with TRD race coil springs, lifting up the front end slightly for a leveled-off stance. In the back, 50mm rear shocks with remote reservoirs ensure that hours of punishment on the trail will be endured by diminishing damping fade.
Sponsored