Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dumb question how is one pedal mode in icy conditions/snow?

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm in the Detroit area visiting my wife's family and it's effing cold here right now. Minimal snow but the wind is brutal. Can't wait to get back to the Charlotte area. I have seen more Broncos here than in Charlotte which is a plus.

Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-7 here in downtown Chicago. Windchill is -(huge fabricated clickbait number).
I grew up in Wisconsin so this is meh. Still no fun to be outside in though. Sledding and skiing will have to wait. Driving in the Bronco felt like any typical Tuesday. Love this thing!

Lewisj41

Heritage
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We're neighbors! Grantsville checking in...
Well just here for the holiday, we travel here every Christmas. I see the Bronco community is strong here as I've seen several since I've arrived.

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This fun is now headed east. Yellowstone National Park @ West Yellowstone, Montana 12/22/22
Ford Bronco Post your Bomb Cyclone mega snow storm Bronco pics 🌨️ 🌬️ 320921288_1116142932310239_4157128877062492269_n

Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm going to nerd out for a bit so feel free to ignore me... and @mtclimb3r can correct me if any of this is wrong. (I studied meteorology in college but got bored and switched to engineering.)

I don't know who came up with the name "bomb cyclone," but the actual technical term for these sorts of weather events are bombogensis... which is really just a really bad cyclogenesis. Cyclogenesis is a system that results in a dramatic drops of barometric pressure.

These types of cold snap storms have always happened, but what is strange about them now is how far south they are occurring. Traditionally the jet stream would keep these types of storms above the 35-38° latitude line... roughly the Arkansas/Missouri state line, middle of Tennessee, North Carolina, etc. If you were south of that line, these super cold snap systems were relatively rare (once every few decades or so) because the jet stream would effectively form a barrier and keep the system up north.

For the past decade or so, we've seen the jet stream effectively collapse, and areas of the country (Texas, MIssissippi, Florida, Louisiana, etc.) that only saw this type of weather once every few decades are now seeing it almost every year. Which people online love to talk about, and I suspect people down south hate. This type of weather in Chicago is common and boring. But Tallahasse, Florida having a HIGH of 32° tomorrow when their average LOW is 44° is the type of stuff the internet and news media loves to eat up.
Ford Bronco Post your Bomb Cyclone mega snow storm Bronco pics 🌨️ 🌬️ nerd

@Crazy Bronc , I am impressed that at some point there was a discussion with your wife that ended with her out of the car filming while you drove through the packed snow.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

50 and rain here in Maine...and lots of wind. Top of a pine just fell outside my office, hit the propane tank and vented the contents of the tank to atmosphere (300 gallon tank). Guess if the power goes out, the generator isn't going to run so we will all just go home early.

Supposed to drop into the low teens tonight.

(and stop quoting wind chill, that's just a garbage number)
Yeah, but.. it feeeeels like!

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Survived the blizzard of 78. 42 plus inches of snow sustained winds of 60mph gust to 90 mph + and the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded look it up. Other than some cold this ain't nothing.
Remember it well, January 1978. Just picked up a new CJ5 a few months before. I was heading to work at 5:00am, temp was 4 above and falling like a rock but there was still water flowing across the road in places. I drove through it and it immediately froze on my windshield. Thank God there was no traffic that early and I was able to scrape it off. Worst part was I got water in the front hubs and it froze solid while I was at work. Couldn’t break it loose, had to have it dragged to a garage to thaw out. Good times.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Post now included a video - even captured the American flag at the beginning.

Here’s a couple pictures from an hour ago just outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan. Ripping through a few drifts. Special thanks to my wife for standing out in the strong wind and cold.
Ford Bronco Post your Bomb Cyclone mega snow storm Bronco pics 🌨️ 🌬️ nerd
you need a bill board in the background:

"WELCOME TO THE OKEFENOKEE SWAMP!"
Sponsored