Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the fuel situation (I keep being drawn to yall's convo!):
We did the entirety of WR trail.
We fueled up in town, drove out there via Potash, which ate more fuel than staying on pavement to Shafer, then down.
We did the trail, came up Mineral Bottom switchbacks and the forever-long dirt road of Horse Thief trail back to pavement.
All the way back to town to fuel back up, and I don't think anyone was below a 1/4 tank.
Several of us brought extra fuel just in case anyone in the group (we were mildly concerned about the 2Dr members with the smaller capacity), but none of us had to tap into reserves.
Granted, most of WR is a 2Hi or 4Hi situation, but the avg. speed for the whole trip around it was probably at most 10 mph.
For what that's all worth, hope it helps.
That's great to hear. This will be my first trip out west to Moab, so I really don't know what to expect. From YouTube videos it appears that most people stop at "Maverick" for gas before the trails, so I'll probably be doing that every morning too.
Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's great to hear. This will be my first trip out west to Moab, so I really don't know what to expect. From YouTube videos it appears that most people stop at "Maverick" for gas before the trails, so I'll probably be doing that every morning too.
That was our go-to as well. Last real station before the end of town going north/NW towards those trails over in and by Canyonlands.
Ya'll be safe, have a blast!
Anxiously awaiting the pic dump that comes after!

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah yes, adventures first stop. 🤣 (that's their tagline if you're unfamiliar with the gas station chain)

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn you Tricky and your customer service! lol
You are going to make me make an extra trip to Merica to pick up, aren't you! :)
You know you like it here!

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course 15 day forecasts are highly inaccurate, but the swings have been wild. I've seen forecasted highs from 68-79 and thunderstorms to full sun in the last 24 hours. Fingers crossed for mid-upper 70s.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 Screenshot_20230419-122547

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course 15 day forecasts are highly inaccurate, but the swings have been wild. I've seen forecasted highs from 68-79 and thunderstorms to full sun in the last 24 hours. Fingers crossed for mid-upper 70s.

Ford Bronco Moab Bronco Safari 2023 Scheduled For May 2-6 Screenshot_20230419-122547
We've had some wild weather in Utah over the past few weeks. I had my top off most of last week, and then this week it started raining/snowing and had to put it back on. It's still rainy and cold over the last couple days, so hoping it's nothing but sunshine or overcast in May.

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just a note that I'll be there, staying in the Moab Rim Campground with my RTT. I'll be looking for chill, scenic trails that won't crush my panels or induce a pucker.
Do "Onion creek" very nice trail super easy any type of SUV can do it and the end you can do Thompson ???? ,,,,

After that for beginner but test little bit the capability of your do "Dome Plateau" this is the trail Bronco Rodeo use,,, it a fun little trail,,,

This trail will be available with the Bronco Safari ,,,,for beginner but testing little bit the capability of your Bronco ,,, Fins & Thing that will give you experience on slick rock ,,,it is grippy unbelievable it a lot of fun

This trail will be available with the Bronco Safari ,,, Hells Revenge ,,, this is my favorite trail ,, very impress the first time ,,,overhaul easy and very beautiful ,,,, they have some optional obstacle are more gnarly if you are interested

Look my channel "MOAB6G" on youtube I post a lot of short at the Bronco Safari 2023

Last edited:

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gonna be hecka stuff! I’m gonna do daily vlog videos and hecka pictures! Best Bronco Safari ever
I should arrived on the 29 April,,,,
Looking for some people to do Rose Garden let me know if you are interested

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I should arrived on the 29 April,,,,
Looking for some people to do Rose Garden let me know if you are interested
Heck yea! I arrive the 1st. I’m tail gunning a few trails but we can make something work. Rose Garden was one I wanted to do last time. Hit me up on the discord or PM here and we will connect!

Sponsored

lindsaykittel

Wildtrak
First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Outback, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wanted to get a master thread of sorts going for this for those that need to plan out vacations and such. It's scheduled for May 2-6. Hopefully we can have a strong 6G showing.

https://www.broncosafari.com/

4/8 update:

Spreadsheet of days/trails/attendees is here for B6G side activities. Please add your info and suggest trails.

@TheKim has set up a Discord for communication: https://discord.gg/5EusfX65qT

Side thread for the PNW crew for traveling down: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/caravan-to-moab.65598/

Tricky Dick Confirmed
Felix808 Confirmed
Bmadda Confirmed
NORCALGXP Confirmed
Snacktime Interested
F150rubyred Confirmed
66GT Confirmed
VoltageDrop Confirmed
Hossamus Prime Confirmed
goatman2 Confirmed
DefNotBuddyLee Interested
TheKim Confirmed
Rimrattle Confirmed
B Miller Confirmed
8cam Interested
The Beaz Interested
MoabRox Confirmed
BabyBlue_Badlands Confirmed
Hemisfear Confirmed
Fedexman1978 Interested
Bentpushrod Confirmed
DC9atnight Confirmed
The Bronze Confirmed
Laserdoc Confirmed
Bikeric Confirmed
BigMeatsBronco Confirmed
Bigdiesel76 Confirmed
Arrowbear Rider Confirmed
BroncoTrail Confirmed
El Diablo Confirmed
Lkittel Confirmed

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're getting closer....

Those of us running trails on 5/1 need to get our plans locked in. We can take it to discord or PMs or share phone numbers in private, up to you all. I'm projecting to hit Moab around noon on Sunday.

Screenshot 2023-04-20 171641.png

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those of us running trails on 5/1 need to get our plans locked in. We can take it to discord or PMs or share phone numbers in private, up to you all. I'm projecting to hit Moab around noon on Sunday.
I vote Discord cause it's way easier than using PM's here on the forums and it's also easier than everyone sharing phone #'s and saving them in their Contacts. It's also better for group chats and we can separate the BS and chit chat from memes by using Discord channels.

Another option would be the Signal app which is free and very similar to Whatsapp, but we'd need to all share phone #'s first. Just my $0.02!

Edit: I have nothing against memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.