First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250 Lariat 4x4 Diesel / 93' F150 XLT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you prefer a more "old school" look and are going for that with your build, post some pics! I prefer the "old school" look (ie; polished aluminum rims and white letter tires) vs. what seems to be what 98% of people are doing these days with 18" - 20" blacked out rims, massive bead locks on something that never gets off the pavement, with plain black wall tires, etc. Some like that stuff, that's great, just not my taste. Here's what I've done to mine after making my rim selection based on what some others on here have done. To me, old school is 80's - 90's, so I wanted something to look as close as I could come up with to my 1993 F150 (pic of it for comparison included).

- 2022 Non-Sas Badlands with Zone leveling kit.
- Rims: American Racing Baja 172 16x8 (AR1726883)
- Tires: BFG KO2's (315/75/R16) Homemade center caps.
- Got some "homemade" center caps put together:
- Rear Center Caps: Epoxied OEM Ford center cap emblems to the back center caps (diameter was just right, centeraps had a dish to them so drilled a 3/8" hole in the center, superglued a plastic bottle cap on the inside of the center cap so I could fill that cap / through the hole and then level the "dish" out to make a flat surface and left it just low enough so the emblem edge is flush with the face of the center cap).
- Front Center Caps: Found some shorter / flat faced center caps on eBay and bought some NOS OEM 81'-84' Ranger / Bronco II automatic locking hub covers that were the perfect diameter to bolt to the face of the shorter flat faced caps. Bolted with stainless steel bolts / flat washer / lock washer / nut / another lock washer / then double nutted + threadlocker (they ain't coming off).

I think it turned out pretty good for the old school look I was going for. Debating on maybe doing a 2" lift kit.....
Let me know what you think and post pics of your "old school" build!

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! Bronco 1

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! Bronco 2

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! Bronco 3

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! Bronco 4

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! Bronco 6

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! Bronco 5

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! 1993 F150 Picture

B1B66CC3-46EB-41BF-8A28-E9E1E6C0B56E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Old school for me is a bit older than that... that being said I really like what you are doing. That looks awesome!

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Old school for me is a bit older than that... that being said I really like what you are doing. That looks awesome!
Too far??? :confused:

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! f366c77606d3330e741f024fd9827d8c

Waiting with you for my Heritage!

OP, outside of having a true EB that's about as old school as I'm going to go outside of a real Bronco script emblem.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Too far??? :confused:

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! f366c77606d3330e741f024fd9827d8c

Waiting with you for my Heritage!

OP, outside of having a true EB that's about as old school as I'm going to go outside of a real Bronco script emblem.
Actually just made some signage for a old sheepherders wagon that is on display at a museum.... But then not what I am shooting for with my bronco. Although that draft horse looks pretty capable.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have ben watching yours as well... very nice. Would love to get a set of 60's hub caps on those wheels.... Just the partials... what 8 or 10 inch??? I do not recall. That is really nice though.

Manx

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have ben watching yours as well... very nice. Would love to get a set of 60's hub caps on those wheels.... Just the partials... what 8 or 10 inch??? I do not recall. That is really nice though.
Thanks. The full wheel covers on the first gen in the photo are on 15" wheels I think. The smaller dog dish style you mention look great, but I don't think they're factory correct for a first gen Bronco. If I'm wrong, someone here will correct me. There's a company that reproduces the wheel covers, but I've found everyone who carries them have none in stock, they're on backorder. Until I find some I'm running wheel center caps made from the wheel cover/ hubcap center pieces.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks. The full wheel covers on the first gen in the photo are on 15" wheels I think. The smaller dog dish style you mention look great, but I don't think they're factory correct for a first gen Bronco. If I'm wrong, someone here will correct me. There's a company that reproduces the wheel covers, but I've found everyone who carries them have none in stock, they're on backorder. Until I find some I'm running wheel center caps made from the wheel cover/ hubcap center pieces.
It was just a passing thought... I think it looks great with or without them. Seems like you have already explored that same theme. I haven't even considered it yet... I am still waiting for mine to be delivered. They tell me it is on the way... so those million and one thoughts in my head are going to have to start distilling into something concrete before very long.

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you prefer a more "old school" look and are going for that with your build, post some pics! I prefer the "old school" look (ie; polished aluminum rims and white letter tires) vs. what seems to be what 98% of people are doing these days with 18" - 20" blacked out rims, massive bead locks on something that never gets off the pavement, with plain black wall tires, etc. Some like that stuff, that's great, just not my taste. Here's what I've done to mine after making my rim selection based on what some others on here have done. To me, old school is 80's - 90's, so I wanted something to look as close as I could come up with to my 1993 F150 (pic of it for comparison included).

- Rear Center Caps: Epoxied OEM Ford center cap emblems to the back center caps (diameter was just right, centeraps had a dish to them so drilled a 3/8" hole in the center, superglued a plastic bottle cap on the inside of the center cap so I could fill that cap / through the hole and then level the "dish" out to make a flat surface and left it just low enough so the emblem edge is flush with the face of the center cap).
- Front Center Caps: Found some shorter / flat faced center caps on eBay and bought some NOS OEM 81'-84' Ranger / Bronco II automatic locking hub covers that were the perfect diameter to bolt to the face of the shorter flat faced caps. Bolted with stainless steel bolts / flat washer / lock washer / nut / another lock washer / then double nutted + threadlocker (they ain't coming off).

I think it turned out pretty good for the old school look I was going for. Debating on maybe doing a 2" lift kit.....

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! Generations

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! Generations

Nice looking Bronco. I approve of the 172s! I went with 17” wheels and 33s but I kinda wish I did 16” instead. Oh well, I’ll slap 35s on it when these wear down and it’ll help.
Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! IMG_0398

Adambaum

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! IMG_0398

IMG_3115.jpeg

IMG_2854.jpeg

IMG_3325.jpeg

ptalbert33

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/1974 F100/1977 Lincoln Cont/2022 Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! IMG_3325

Ford Bronco "Old School" Classic Bronco Looks [Photos Edition] -- post pics of your build! IMG_3325