Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Team Bronco,

New forum member here. I'm deciding on whether to buy a 2024 Badlands with Sasquatch package + Hi-Lux package vs a 2024 Wildtrak and I had some suspension questions I'm hoping to get help with in order to make my decision. I was originally all in on the Wildtrak, but I have a good deal on a loaded Badlands in the color I want (green). My primary off road use is beach driving in the Outer Banks and Florida. This will also be a daily driver. Any help with the below questions is helpful.

1. How do I know if my Badlands has the severe duty steering drive and upgraded tie rods from the HOSS 3.0? Does anyone have a picture or know what date the manufacturing started to include this change? I read this changed in the MY24 update on other forums.

2. Will it matter with off road beach driving anyway?

3. Which has the better road ride? Badlands or Wildtrak?

Thanks a lot! Hoping to pull the trigger this week before Memorial Day.

Cordially,

John
Sponsored

Zeaks

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Wildtrak/19 FX4 Exp Max
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd go with whichever best fits what you want and you can get the better deal on, which sounds like the BL. For your use either will be fine. I test drove a BL for 10 miles or so before driving and purchasing my WT. I don't remember the driving characteristics between the two really, but I remember thinking the BL rode good. I went with the WT because it was the color I wanted most and it was $1k less than than the equally equipped BL I was also looking at. If you're wanting to narrow it down to the ride then you'll have to drive them both, paying close attention to compare. No regrets with my WT.

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my opinion, the Wildtrak is more like a desert racer and the BL is more of a rock crawler. For beach use, to me, it would make more sense to get the Wildtrak. You don't need a swaybar disconnect for the beach. My 2 cents.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Beach going Bronco is, was, and always will be the OuterBanks. I still remember the Wildtrak guys claiming, the light weight plastic bumpers were what made the Wildtrak the desert runner.
For MY24's Bronco's, in regard to the Wildtrak, you're buying shocks and $20 worth of gloss paint, that's pretty much it.

Sponsored

BadmansSAS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquach
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted the Badsquatch because I wanted the most completely capable offroad version of the bronco. It was either that or a wrangler rubicon with the extreme recon package.

Plus the badsquatch has the rubber interior and marine grade seats. I was able to add sport mode and I painted the beauty rings on the wheels black to match, so I basically have a wild badsquatch now...lol But it was the rubber interior that really sold me. Being able to just spray it out or air spray it out to clean it up has been a huge help. And I do wheel it. I think the badlands has the stay-bar disconnect as well, and I dont believe the wildtrack has that.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. You only have the HD steering rack in the BL or WT in 2024, or if you optioned for a Sasquatch starting in 2024. The WT got the HD rack starting mid-2022 (option, 2023 required).

2. I don't think you'll have issues with tie rods unless you get big tires and mess with geometry. Note that 37's are only a little bigger, I'd suggest sticking with 35's, which are still big tires.

3. The WT's Fox 2.5" shock is a plusher ride on-road. The Bilsteins on the BL aren't bad, but the Fox's are actually more of a grandma ride than a redneck cousin ride, IMO.

You haven't really given a lot of info on the options, like manual, engine and doors. What I will say is the BL and WT are not THAT different, basically the WT gets the Fox shocks and the BL gets more plates and an e-disconnect sway bar. Also, I think the WT doesn't get rubber floors? I think the BL only gets rubber floors (if you're around lots of sand).

The WT and BL are the top-of-the-line normal (non-Raptor or Heritage) Broncos. The WT is more looker/speed and I'd put the Big Bend > Outer Banks/HL > WT in the same category. The BL is more of the rougher off roader, with the (Base RIP >) Black Diamond > BL/HLE in the same category.

The one I think they meant (outside of Heritage) for beaches is Outer Banks, but for 2024 it's only 4dr I think?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if your main concern is beach driving on the Outer Banks and Florida beaches, as well as road driving as a daily driver and you will not be rock crawling...the Wildtrak. You will never have a reason to use the disconnecting sta bar. You will get a better suspension on the Wildtrak, and some nicer looking goodies visually IMO, but overall the Wildtrak will be better. But then again this is an opinion and everyone is entitled to have theirs.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It really boils down to sway bay disconnect or Fox shocks…for your use I’d take the shocks…(unless ya are planning to change shocks and tires)
Sponsored