Sponsored

Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours. Any questions?

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What dealer my friend. The ones around me in NC won't allow test drives, but I can drive to a dealer that will.
Crossroads Ford in Apex has a Badlands 2.3 manual and a Wildtrak. Both of which they allow you to test drive. I drove the BL with a sales guy along for about 15 min. I stopped by the next day near closing and another sales guy tossed my wife and I the keys of the Wildtrak to drive solo for 30 min. Not a long time but nice to experience it without someone riding along.
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? 20210827_065414

I've been needing to know if my Jerry can water jugs can tuck into the space on either side of the back seats.

Also, how heavy is that rear cargo mat? Do you think it's worth the extra money?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely non-existent on this 2DR. I wonder if the 4DR will have some extra vents somewhere.

Definitely requires the hard top.

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? 20210827_065414

No ac in the back????? Crap.

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I've been needing to know if my Jerry can water jugs can tuck into the space on either side of the back seats.

Also, how heavy is that rear cargo mat? Do you think it's worth the extra money?
I’m no longer at home with my tape measure but with the seats folded down it looks like there’s about a 7” gap between the seat edge and the exterior wall. So most likely they would fit. With the seats up there’s obviously plenty of floor space.

I didn’t realize this was an upgrade cargo mat until I saw the invoice. It’s just a normal rubber mat like you’d find in many outdoorsy cars. Surprised they charge as much as they do for it, to be honest. It’s lightweight but definitely thick enough to be real durable, but at like $150 or whatever? Yeaaaa I dunno.

JBBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How does it compare to your GTI as far as acceleration and build quality?

Sponsored
OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How does it compare to your GTI as far as acceleration and build quality?
Lol, acceleration is not a fair comparison by any means. My GTI is stock but has an ECU tune to pull out an extra like 70hp and 90lbs torque.

Ford has always been my favorite American brand for creature comforts and attention to detail. They definitely compare to VW in that regard very well. All the inputs, mounts, lighting (interior and exterior), controls, electronic setup, seats, Carplay / Android Auto (and it integrates incredibly well with their native UI), and everything is definitely on par with VW. The screen is incredible, honestly. I think that's better than what VW offers even today (mine is like 6 years old so this Bronco is far superior there). This Bronco has the high package and I was very happy with all the electronics that packs in. I'm real excited to hear the Lux package's audio in comparison when I get mine. I will be very comfortable driving both this and the GTI (which my fiancé will be taking over whenever our Bronco comes in).

Build quality is a little lower than VW though. The gripes that people have about like soft touch and cheaper materials are definitely true. I don't think it detracts from what this vehicle is though... It doesn't feel cheap. If you compare it to it's direct competition, the interior is way way WAY better.

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@JBronco Just noticed you have a GTI too! I have an MK 7 GTI and those newer engines are just something else. It's insane how downtuned the engines are from the factory. A huge difference from the MK 6 and earlier.

That ECU tune I did gave it all that extra power, but also gave me a little better gas mileage on the highway. If I'm really gunning it, I have to monitor how much power I'm giving it because it could spin wheels straight into third gear if I let it.

JBBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@JBronco Just noticed you have a GTI too! I have an MK 7 GTI and those newer engines are just something else. It's insane how downtuned the engines are from the factory. A huge difference from the MK 6 and earlier.

That ECU tune I did gave it all that extra power, but also gave me a little better gas mileage on the highway. If I'm really gunning it, I have to monitor how much power I'm giving it because it could spin wheels straight into third gear if I let it.
Nice. I have a 2019 MK 7.5. I am hesitant to do any ECU adjusting, still have 30,000 miles left on warranty. Although, now you got me thinking...

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does it have the roast interior? If so, what are your thoughts on the dash? If cloth seats, what are your thoughts on their durability?
I have roast and the dash is actually nice. I was surprised, but I like it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, I haven't heard that! I guess I don't pay attention to 2 door news since I'm not getting one.
Yea the rear seats are also massively different. Even the way they fold down is different. It’s odd. I actually like the 2DR rear seats better than the 4DR. But I’m still happier with the 4DR overall.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m no longer at home with my tape measure but with the seats folded down it looks like there’s about a 7” gap between the seat edge and the exterior wall. So most likely they would fit. With the seats up there’s obviously plenty of floor space.

I didn’t realize this was an upgrade cargo mat until I saw the invoice. It’s just a normal rubber mat like you’d find in many outdoorsy cars. Surprised they charge as much as they do for it, to be honest. It’s lightweight but definitely thick enough to be real durable, but at like $150 or whatever? Yeaaaa I dunno.
Where is this listed. Can’t find in accessories.
Sponsored