bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I wonder how many Golden Ticket winners were in a position to be able to afford, or really interested in, a Raptor? We see a bunch of takers on the forums but in reality it could have just been a fraction that took the offer, leaving the rest to the dealers
Unless Ford release actual metrics, which I doubt they will, we will never know. The GT system was primarily a PR campaign since Ford didn't protect the consumers; but at the end of the day we don't know how many of the Day 1 GT winners converted to a Raptor and at what MSRP/ADM they paid.

This could have been handled better but arguing it at this point is fruitless. A single Raptor hasn't been built for a consumer yet and we have Day 1 reservations waiting on a non Raptor still and at the same time people can come off the street and snag a Bronco.

In reality it is unlikely that the Raptor builds are going to delay someone's Day 1 Badlands much more than an off the street Outerbanks purchase.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The forged wheels are not lighter. On the F150 Raptor, the base wheel is lighter even though it is a cast wheel. The beadlock wheels are actually heavier and forged. I would say that the forged wheel is a stronger wheel.

If you don't need a bead-lock wheel, then just get the base wheels.

Does anyone know the most efficient rim option for the Bronco Raptor? All the research says the FORGED wheels are lighter and perform better than the other two choices.. Please weigh in

Last edited:

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wonder how many Golden Ticket winners were in a position to be able to afford, or really interested in, a Raptor? We see a bunch of takers on the forums but in reality it could have just been a fraction that took the offer, leaving the rest to the dealers
I showed interest and forgot about it. I thought there was a snowball chance I would get one and one at MSRP was pie in the sky. My dealer was at 3% below invoice for my Badlands and MSRP for the Raptor. Id been saving since 2018 when the JKU was introduced. Sat on the sidelines, since I wasn't 100% thrilled about the JKU. I'm all grin for this Bronco.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The forged wheels are not lighter. On the F150 Raptor, the base wheel is lighter even though it is a cast wheel. The beadlock wheels are actually heavier and forged. I would say that the forged wheel is a stronger wheel.

If you don't need a bead-lock wheel, then just get the base wheels.
The stock wheels are pretty meh and I’m guessing the aftermarket isn’t going to present a lot of options due to the rarity of the vehicle.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The stock wheels are pretty meh and I’m guessing the aftermarket isn’t going to present a lot of options due to the rarity of the vehicle.
The aftermarket already has a lot of options since the lug pattern is the same as the F-150. Unless you are wanting to stick with the factory offset, then yeah there will be less choices.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The issue with aftermarket wheels is that it will be damn HARD if not impossible to find one at +30 offset.

If you are just going to run your Warthog on the street then offset will not matter much. BUT if you plan to off-road and even hit a jump or 2 ... offset will matter.

the majority of aftermarket wheels (6x135 bolt pattern in a 17" wheel) will be zero offset.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The issue with aftermarket wheels is that it will be damn HARD if not impossible to find one at +30 offset.

If you are just going to run your Warthog on the street then offset will not matter much. BUT if you plan to off-road and even hit a jump or 2 ... offset will matter.

the majority of aftermarket wheels (6x135 bolt pattern in a 17" wheel) will be zero offset.
That’s why I went with the best looking factory wheel. Looks good enough for me, no need to upgrade

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I plan to ask some wheel manufacturers to produce a forged wheel at 17x8.5 and +25 offset and see how many sets they need to produce it.

The possibility of dropping of 8-12 pounds from the OEM wheel is well worth the effort.

That’s why I went with the best looking factory wheel. Looks good enough for me, no need to upgrade

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I plan to ask some wheel manufacturers to produce a forged wheel at 17x8.5 and +25 offset and see how many sets they need to produce it.

The possibility of dropping of 8-10 pounds from the OEM wheel is well worth the effort.

This is what I’m referring to. I just don’t see a lot of manufacturers getting on board. We’ve already had one on these forums expressing doubt because of the limited payback on the cost to machine these.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think we can pull it off if we get a group by for 25 sets. Also, don't forget, at +25 offset the base bronco owners can also buy them

This is what I’m referring to. I just don’t see a lot of manufacturers getting on board. We’ve already had one on these forums expressing doubt because of the limited payback on the cost to machine these.

Sponsored

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question: Will the priority code for my Bronco Raptor order influence Ford’s scheduling process within a dealer’s allocations ? Thanks
Not really no. Unless you were assigned a priority code from Ford (single digit number), the priority codes generally are more or less guidelines but not absolute for determining order.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The possibility of dropping of 8-12 pounds from the OEM wheel is well worth the effort.
I'm thinking Icon already makes a +25 Rebound Pro for the regular Bronco: how hard is it to machine a batch with 6x135 and whatever the F-150 hub bore is?

Also, if you don't mind the weight, Hutchinson makes Rock Monster in +15 6x135, but it says not for F-150 Raptor. I'm guessing that is a brake diameter limitation. I have no idea if the Bronco Raptor rotors and calipers will clear.

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

What is the specific offset for the Raptor Bronco?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The f150 Raptor wheel with 37s is +30. I will confirm when I get the Warthog offset BUT the wheels are the essentially the same.

What is the specific offset for the Raptor Bronco?

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The f150 Raptor wheel with 37s is +30. I will confirm when I get the Warthog offset BUT the wheels are the essentially the same.
That what I thought, as I did not see the actual specs-thanks!
Sponsored