Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi folks,

Just wanted to give a shoutout to all those that upgrade their audio system before I did, experimenting with different equipment and paving the way for a nice easy upgrade.

Background: '22 Wildtrak with B&O system that had horrific sub rattle and lackluster sound.

Here's a list of parts used, price paid, and vendor I purchased from.

PartVendorCost
Mabett Rear PodsAmazon155
Kicker 47KSC6704 6.75" SpeakersCrutchfield200
Metra Wiring HarnessCrutchfield0
Metra Mounting BracketsCrutchfield0
Kicker 48CWRT84 8" SubwooferCrutchfield125
Kicker Key 500.1 Amplifier & WiresAmazon288
Additional 8 gauge power wire 25'Amazon16
Hertz DCX-100.3 4" SpeakersAmazon105
PRV Audio 4" Midrange SpeakerAmazon25
Sound Deadener (like Dynamat) & PolyfillAmazon38
Wire Harness for Speakers (300hz bass blockers for front)eBay65
Wire Harness for SubwooferPlugNPlayKits77

My goal with the build was good sound, but also plug & play - I had no desire to go crazy custom and have to fabricate things to fit and go nuts with amps and whatnot... I'm just not in my teens and interested in going to that length anymore.

Bottom line, the only "modification" I needed was trimming some of the sub box with a Dremel to fit the new Kicker sub. Otherwise, everything went in beautifully and fit is terrific with the Key amp zip-tied to the area in front of the taillight.

Anyhow, just a shoutout and thank you to those that did this all before me.

Also, for anyone that's used to old-school car stereo setups, the most confusing part for me was what I was supposed to do for a signal wire for the Key amp... a little further reading and I learned the amp solved the issue for me - gotta love some modern technology.
Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi folks,

Just wanted to give a shoutout to all those that upgrade their audio system before I did, experimenting with different equipment and paving the way for a nice easy upgrade.

Background: '22 Wildtrak with B&O system that had horrific sub rattle and lackluster sound.

Here's a list of parts used, price paid, and vendor I purchased from.

PartVendorCost
Mabett Rear PodsAmazon155
Kicker 47KSC6704 6.75" SpeakersCrutchfield200
Metra Wiring HarnessCrutchfield0
Metra Mounting BracketsCrutchfield0
Kicker 48CWRT84 8" SubwooferCrutchfield125
Kicker Key 500.1 Amplifier & WiresAmazon288
Additional 8 gauge power wire 25'Amazon16
Hertz DCX-100.3 4" SpeakersAmazon105
PRV Audio 4" Midrange SpeakerAmazon25
Sound Deadener (like Dynamat) & PolyfillAmazon38
Wire Harness for Speakers (300hz bass blockers for front)eBay65
Wire Harness for SubwooferPlugNPlayKits77

My goal with the build was good sound, but also plug & play - I had no desire to go crazy custom and have to fabricate things to fit and go nuts with amps and whatnot... I'm just not in my teens and interested in going to that length anymore.

Bottom line, the only "modification" I needed was trimming some of the sub box with a Dremel to fit the new Kicker sub. Otherwise, everything went in beautifully and fit is terrific with the Key amp zip-tied to the area in front of the taillight.

Anyhow, just a shoutout and thank you to those that did this all before me.

Also, for anyone that's used to old-school car stereo setups, the most confusing part for me was what I was supposed to do for a signal wire for the Key amp... a little further reading and I learned the amp solved the issue for me - gotta love some modern technology.
Did you put a bass blocker on the PRV in the center? My PRV arrives tomorrow but wondering if it’s needed. I did use them on the dash L/R

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeez the sound must be absolutely amazing. I find the sound on the base just fine. It is similar to the stereo in my wife's 2013 base Silverado truck. And when compared to the sound on my 1987 squarebody with no radio and we use my wife's phone with a portable blue tooth speaker setting on the seat the Bronco and her truck sound even better. I guess I don't know what a really good sound system sounds like LOL!

OP
OP
X JBM X

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you put a bass blocker on the PRV in the center? My PRV arrives tomorrow but wondering if it’s needed. I did use them on the dash L/R
I did not use a bass blocker on the PRV center, but that wasn’t on purpose to be honest. Still sounds good.

bronco_beskar

Wildtrak
First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same Wildtrak. Is it possible to just replace the sub without having to also replace the amp?

OP
OP
X JBM X

X JBM X

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same Wildtrak. Is it possible to just replace the sub without having to also replace the amp?
Good question. My original intention was to do just that…. But then I decided I went thru all the effort ripping things apart, so I may as well do it right before I put it back together…

just my $.02
Sponsored