Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About a week ago my screen stayed black for about 2-3 minutes after the first start up. Sirius started playing right away. When the screen lit up the AA button wouldn't respond to touch but everything else worked. Then the next time I started the screen came on as normal but I had to setup AA like it was the first time. My phone had just updated the night before so I chalked it up to an Android thing.

Now today on the 5 start up of the day AA started playing music right away and the Audio button to the left of the AA button would not respond to touch.

Anyone else experience anything like this?
Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
About a week ago my screen stayed black for about 2-3 minutes after the first start up. Sirius started playing right away. When the screen lit up the AA button wouldn't respond to touch but everything else worked. Then the next time I started the screen came on as normal but I had to setup AA like it was the first time. My phone had just updated the night before so I chalked it up to an Android thing.

Now today on the 5 start up of the day AA started playing music right away and the Audio button to the left of the AA button would not respond to touch.

i had a similar issue
my phone had downloaded some weird wifi network i deleted it and used mine
mine was booteed out and nothing worked over and over
i then said f it and used the pro wifi networked now everything works
lol turns out its a download from ford and works only in bronco ...see if you hae some pro,,,network click on it and see how things go

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I only use wired Android Auto but this unresponsive screen happens to me sometimes. I have a OnePlus 9 Pro with Android 11 and use Musicolet for my music in AA. When it locks up, I can usually just reconnect my cable and it's back. Sometimes I'm able to use the voice command on my steering wheel and tell it to play a song through Musicolet and then I can start tapping things again. That's like a workaround soft reset. What applications other than Google Maps are you running?

OP
OP
Tricky Mike

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only use wired Android Auto but this unresponsive screen happens to me sometimes. I have a OnePlus 9 Pro with Android 11 and use Musicolet for my music in AA. When it locks up, I can usually just reconnect my cable and it's back. Sometimes I'm able to use the voice command on my steering wheel and tell it to play a song through Musicolet and then I can start tapping things again. That's like a workaround soft reset. What applications other than Google Maps are you running?
AIMP and Pandora.

Only 1 button has been unresponsive each time so I presume it has to be a software issue.

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cycling AA to full screen and not full screen will sometimes reset it too but it's about 50% success for me

Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AIMP and Pandora.

Only 1 button has been unresponsive each time so I presume it has to be a software issue.
All of my control/app buttons are unresponsive. I think it's only ever been full screen lock or nothing for me. If it's only a single app from the launcher bar that won't load that may point to only that app with the issue, like the process has failed on your phone.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

alison.leavitt

Big Bend
First Name
Alison Leavitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure if this is correct place for this, I have the smaller screen and had been having issues screen locking up..showing only half the screen..and then today got back into Bronco after doing errands and screen is totally black. Made a service appt for Wednesday but this is beyond annoying!! Tried the reset with no luck :(

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure if this is correct place for this, I have the smaller screen and had been having issues screen locking up..showing only half the screen..and then today got back into Bronco after doing errands and screen is totally black. Made a service appt for Wednesday but this is beyond annoying!! Tried the reset with no luck :(
Hey there, Alison! Can you please send me a PM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this screen display concern for you? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

OP
OP
Tricky Mike

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More weird stuff. About 5 minutes into the 2nd drive of the day the screen rebooted. I'm going to wait for a complete failure or until I'm closer to my 3/36k warranty expiration.

Dan-O

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There was an update by ford that said it was for sync I think last week. Maybe has something to do with it??
Sponsored