Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went with two sets of these: https://amzn.to/2XFlHNh
Thanks for the link. It was like hitting the easy button. :) Been meaning to get couple of sets for my RTR tech6 wheels for my OBX. Despite the fact that @Ford Motor Company continues to pretend that I don't exist, I am still looking forward to getting my OBX too. So glad you guys got yours first, because I know that we are going to be tackling similar issues. So Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Avinnc

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Platinum, Porsche 911, Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After a few struggles I am excited to share the final outcome of our leveling kit and wheel/tire install!

Our specs:
Non-Sas OBX
4WP Leveling Kit with Big Tire crash bars
17x9 +30 RTR Tech 6 wheels
315/70r17 BF Goodrich KO2

1.25 inches of tire "poke" beyond the Non-Sas OBX fenders. No rubbing even at the limits of the OBX articulation.

Also the stock 3rd brake light clears the tire, just barely but it clears! I was worried I would need a taller 3rd brake light mount.

IMG_20210727_202836__01.jpg

IMG_20210727_190412.jpg
LOVE your wheel/tire choice as well as the 2.5” lift! I’d like to do the same thing for my 2022 4-door OBX…. I’m expecting to pick it up in a couple weeks. How much did you pay for the wheels? What did the install cost for the leveling kit? Just trying to budget…. The wheels are currently back-ordered. And…. Ordered the leveling kit today. THANKS!!

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOVE your wheel/tire choice as well as the 2.5” lift! I’d like to do the same thing for my 2022 4-door OBX…. I’m expecting to pick it up in a couple weeks. How much did you pay for the wheels? What did the install cost for the leveling kit? Just trying to budget…. The wheels are currently back-ordered. And…. Ordered the leveling kit today. THANKS!!
Thanks! I will need to review our receipts but I believe we paid around $230 per wheel (maybe a little less as they were running a pre-order sale in early June) and the level install was around $300 if I remember correctly including the alignment.

I will pull some receipts and report back true numbers.

Avinnc

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks! I will need to review our receipts but I believe we paid around $230 per wheel (maybe a little less as they were running a pre-order sale in early June) and the level install was around $300 if I remember correctly including the alignment.

I will pull some receipts and report back true numbers.

Thanks Matt! I actually ordered the 18” RTR Tech +30 as the 17” was out of stock… 4WP quoted me $1000 on the phone today for install!! I said no thanks!! I’ll probably go with 295/70-18s. Thanks for your quick reply! I watched a couple of your YouTube videos…. Great job! I actually own a new F250 as well… and “buying the Bronco for my wife”! Ha Ha!

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Matt! I actually ordered the 18” RTR Tech +30 as the 17” was out of stock… 4WP quoted me $1000 on the phone today for install!! I said no thanks!! I’ll probably go with 295/70-18s. Thanks for your quick reply! I watched a couple of your YouTube videos…. Great job! I actually own a new F250 as well… and “buying the Bronco for my wife”! Ha Ha!
I was wrong on the 4wp leveling kit install price, the install was $578 (I paid $300 once completed and a deposit before hand which must be where I got the $300 number). For $578 they installed the kit, mounted my tires (that I did not buy from them) on the RTR wheels and did the alignment.

If their $1,000 price includes the leveling kit, install, alignment and mounting/balancing of your tires that is in-alignment with our price. I also had to take the Bronco back after a few days to have the tires rebalanced which I’m was covered for

The install should be easy but we had one stubborn bolt and they ended up having trouble too with another so it was nice leaving it up to them at the time. When our Badlands arrives I will attempt a coilover install and will also swap the badlands suspension on our Outerbanks for a little redemption.

Have you done anything to your F250? Now that we have a new transmission I am starting to consider modifying it to make it more comfortable on and off road.

Avinnc

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was wrong on the 4wp leveling kit install price, the install was $578 (I paid $300 once completed and a deposit before hand which must be where I got the $300 number). For $578 they installed the kit, mounted my tires (that I did not buy from them) on the RTR wheels and did the alignment.

If their $1,000 price includes the leveling kit, install, alignment and mounting/balancing of your tires that is in-alignment with our price. I also had to take the Bronco back after a few days to have the tires rebalanced which I’m was covered for

The install should be easy but we had one stubborn bolt and they ended up having trouble too with another so it was nice leaving it up to them at the time. When our Badlands arrives I will attempt a coilover install and will also swap the badlands suspension on our Outerbanks for a little redemption.

Have you done anything to your F250? Now that we have a new transmission I am starting to consider modifying it to make it more comfortable on and off road.
Thanks for the info and the breakdown on your install! I’ll probably try it myself first - hopefully I don’t run into the “bolt from hell”!! The Ford tracking system says that expected deliver is 1/18 - not sure how accurate that is.

I had a custom stereo installed at Five Star Car Stereo in Clearwater Fl right after I got it…. Unbelievable sound!!! Here are the videos - & . Well worth the $2500!! I ordered the custom-built sub enclosure from http://www.supercrewsound.com/. In addition, I’ve put 35” tires and Fox shocks… that’s it. I plan to delete it at some point in the future.

BTW… I plan to have Five Star do a system in the Bronco once I get it.
Sponsored