First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So it has happened now three times where I have a temporary engine misfire. The first two times the car was in ECO mode and it happened (both times) as I pushed the car at highways speeds to pass, it ran rough, the check engine light flashed, I switched the car to normal, and it then seemed to self clear. CEL goes off and all goes back to normal. Those two times I got a message in My Ford app, and after the first had it checked by the dealer and they found nothing.

The last one the car was in Sport, and again merging into a highway uphill (full load) saw the CEL flashing and then it went away, no messages, nothing after.

I am running the car on regular, it has about 5k miles, second engine, does anyone else have this issue ? I feel taking it to the dealer is a waste of time and I get "found nothing"

Any ideas?

Leon
Sponsored

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So it has happened now three times where I have a temporary engine misfire. The first two times the car was in ECO mode and it happened (both times) as I pushed the car at highways speeds to pass, it ran rough, the check engine light flashed, I switched the car to normal, and it then seemed to self clear. CEL goes off and all goes back to normal. Those two times I got a message in My Ford app, and after the first had it checked by the dealer and they found nothing.

The last one the car was in Sport, and again merging into a highway uphill (full load) saw the CEL flashing and then it went away, no messages, nothing after.

I am running the car on regular, it has about 5k miles, second engine, does anyone else have this issue ? I feel taking it to the dealer is a waste of time and I get "found nothing"

Any ideas?

Leon
Sounds like it could be a spark plug gap issue. If you know what cylinder is is misfiring, check the gap on that plug.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Any ideas?

Leon
Hello, Leon! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this engine concern. Thanks!
Sponsored