broncofanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi all,

I recently learned that the 2 door does not have AC vents towards the rear seats.

Can anyone that currently has a 2 door let me know if there have been issues without having the vents? I have a dog and plan to have the dog in the back, but wanted to know if it gets too hot back there.
Sponsored

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The 4 door AC vents for the rear seats suck! In combination with the uncomfortable rear seats, my kids are begging me to get a Wrangler instead. Ford really screwed this one up. So, if you want decent cooling in the back, you should look elsewhere.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neither my son or my dog have complained about the rear seat area. When it's hot, I just aim the two center vents in the dash straight to the back.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi all,

I recently learned that the 2 door does not have AC vents towards the rear seats.

Can anyone that currently has a 2 door let me know if there have been issues without having the vents? I have a dog and plan to have the dog in the back, but wanted to know if it gets too hot back there.
My dog rides in the front most of the time in my 2 door... she does get in the back sometimes and does not seem to be a problem in the Texas heat... I do keep it about 73 degrees so overall no problem

porjos

Black Diamond
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I rode in my 2 door's backseat a few times last summer, I'm having a hard time trying to empathize with the complaints.

Was there a relative unevenness to the temp? Yes. Just like sitting 2 feet in front of an AC feels different than sitting 4 feet away from an AC.

Was it the Sahara Desert in the backseat and the Arctic in the front-seat? No. You're cooling a 6x8' box...it's not breaking the laws of physics.

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I set the vents up to blow past/over me into the back. On hot days I also take a house fan I plug in for her. She seems to be comfortable with that setup.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was her setup for our last 4 hour ride.

She slept pretty much the whole time, with no panting.

I will be adding a blower unit into the drivers rear panel just for doing the back. That’s on my fall project list.

23DDE4DE-873B-4552-86E8-550F8A2E495C.jpeg

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In south Florida And My teenage kids have never complained about a/c While riding in the back
if that helps

Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 door AC vents for the rear seats suck! In combination with the uncomfortable rear seats, my kids are begging me to get a Wrangler instead. Ford really screwed this one up. So, if you want decent cooling in the back, you should look elsewhere.
I'd do it, the sooner the better for all! lol

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the whole of SW FL summer - neither 10-15 yo complained, and they also have car their mom uses with it's own back seat AC system, so I think you'll be OK. (I do aim the two center A/C vents past the front towards the back if the car's been sitting outside though to help cool that area rapidly. "Max Cool" is your friend in FL for anything more than a 20 minute parking!)

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The way the vents are set up they easily blow lots of cold air past the front seats. I've had 3 huskies back there in 100 degrees and they were nice and cool, and have sat back there myself with no issues.

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
I grew up in Florida and my parents never ran A/C in the car or house. My elementary school didn't even have A/C.

Now people are worried about no A/C vents in the rear seat to keep their dog cool 🤔