Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can Ford have a vendor make a 2 Door Soft Top for demonstration models and not for production models? If the hard top is a limitation, I would be willing to take a soft top to get my truck sooner and source the hard top as DIO in the future. Worse case scenario, I would take my truck minus the top and source my own soft top solution after delivery. Hit me with your thoughts on this.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they made a soft top for demonstration purposes people would be complaing and asking why they can't make the soft top as an option instead of the hard top. Remember when ford started showing off the broncos with all this stuff that wasn't going to be available? That didn't go well for ford

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ask this because there are 2 Door Demonstrators out there with soft tops. I would take one of those tops on my truck to avoid the hard top delay. How do I ask Mike Levine this question?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You mean there's a soft top option for the four door and not the two door?? That cant be right. No way a multi billion dollar company as old and wise as Ford would do that. This cant be true ;)

All kidding aside, I agree. At this point I'd take the soft top and wait for hard top issues to settle and acquire later.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ask this because there are 2 Door Demonstrators out there with soft tops. I would take one of those tops on my truck to avoid the hard top delay. How do I ask Mike Levine this question?
Ask Levine? Are you actually serious? That guy puts so much crap out on twitter when it came to the bronco and most of it never happened. Besides, he has not moved on to electric f150 on twitter when it comes to info. You can ask him on twitter, but I wouldn't expect an honest answer. He's a communication person with Ford. He just says what ford tell him to say. Doubt he has actual answers to the production of the bronco.

Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they offered a soft top WITH the hookup connections and an opportunity to get a MIC at cost once they've sorted it out, I'd do that. Otherwise, I'm not compromising on this million dollar vehicle.

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I called Bestop a week ago, they have not heard back from ford at that time. I was looking into ordering a top for my two door, they are not available at this time. It would be great to have a multistage fold down mechanism like the four door.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why can Ford have a vendor make a 2 Door Soft Top for demonstration models and not for production models? If the hard top is a limitation, I would be willing to take a soft top to get my truck sooner and source the hard top as DIO in the future. Worse case scenario, I would take my truck minus the top and source my own soft top solution after delivery. Hit me with your thoughts on this.
It may be logistics... licensing... greed... stupidity... we don't know.

Who makes the soft top for the 4-door? Is that also Webasto? I'm not sure we've ever confirmed that.

We know the Bestop options for both the 2 and 4 door are "accessory" only, and not available from the factory.

Perhaps Ford approached Bestop and asked them to supply soft tops from the factory for the 2-door, and bestop crunched the numbers and decided they couldn't provide that many that soon.

Perhaps the contract with Webasto for the hard tops (and the 4-door soft top?) included a no-compete clause, and therefore Ford isn't allowed to offer a competitor's soft top from the factory (even though Webasto doesn't offer it).

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone,
Thanks for the enlightenment on this issue. I just want to know what it may take to make the 2 Door build work since the hard top is a limitation. I understand the non-competition aspect of vendors. I was only joking about asking Levine, I would have better luck asking my parakeets for that answer.

Sponsored

moejoe34

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone,
Thanks for the enlightenment on this issue. I just want to know what it may take to make the 2 Door build work since the hard top is a limitation. I understand the non-competition aspect of vendors. I was only joking about asking Levine, I would have better luck asking my parakeets for that answer.
You're not going to like the answer, but the answer is patience. Ford does not have a factory installed soft top at this time, and they certainly won't get one ready in a timeframe that's likely any faster than webasto sorting out their tops. They aren't going to ship units WITHOUT a top. Can you imagine the bitching we would hear about 2-doors showing up at dealer yards with dirty, wet interiors and dashes covered in rail dust?

All of us 2-door buyers are at the mercy of this and patience is your answer.

Or buy a jeep?

OP
OP
SevenT

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for letting me vent. I have been waiting just like everyone else. In for a penny, in for a pound.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am really not sure why 2 doors weren't offered soft tops as part of the build. Anyways, I am hoping that the hardtop restraint is only limited to the 4 doors.... :devilish: because the email sad encourage customers to choose the soft top option for quicker delivery. Well 2 doors don't get that option..... So maybe, just maybe, 2 doors are not constrained.....

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone ordered one yet? Received?
Sponsored