Sponsored

2022 Order time frame?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18388
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 18388

I'm holding out for a 2022 (manual sasquatch). Any idea when we will be able to place our order for a 2022?
Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are saying late summer from what I heard

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because nobody has said it yet, "by September."

hbms17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told by a local dealer that '22 model year ordering opens in the "summer". Basically if I do not place an order by March, my reservation rolls over to when the order systems opens for the '22 model. Which, I am fine with since almost all my options will delay my order.

Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe this is why my dealer is telling me that that " Ford is only pulling orders before the date of Sept 30th, so just waiting on Ford to let us know when we can start calling the next wave of dates" when I ask the question...how many reservations, how many were allocated to your store and what place in line am I?

I was under the impression that dealers should try to place all their orders before the March 19th deadline regardless. Then if you fall out of the allocated number they are getting you will be pushed back into a MY22 and have to re-order in the summer. Is that correct?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe this is why my dealer is telling me that that " Ford is only pulling orders before the date of Sept 30th, so just waiting on Ford to let us know when we can start calling the next wave of dates" when I ask the question...how many reservations, how many were allocated to your store and what place in line am I?

I was under the impression that dealers should try to place all their orders before the March 19th deadline regardless. Then if you fall out of the allocated number they are getting you will be pushed back into a MY22 and have to re-order in the summer. Is that correct?

That's my understanding also Dennis. But, we seem to be in the minority. :)

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's what my dealer is doing. They want all orders now, but will allow the MY22 orders to revise their order if necessary when the new order bank opens. I haven't heard anything about reordering though. Once the order is in, it's in unless you want to make a change, I believe. Guess we will find out!

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's what my dealer is doing. They want all orders now, but will allow the MY22 orders to revise their order if necessary when the new order bank opens. I haven't heard anything about reordering though. Once the order is in, it's in unless you want to make a change, I believe. Guess we will find out!
Thanks for correcting that.

Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Covert Ford in Austin told me MY2022 banks won't open up until December, since (according to them) the new options won't go live until November.

Should I call their BS and shop my reservation around to other dealers, or have folks here heard a similar timeline from their dealers?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Covert Ford in Austin told me MY2022 banks won't open up until December,
Since there was a giant e-mail from FORD stating that the 22 order bank opens on 13 September...

I'd say your dealer is full of it.

MY 22 builds start 13 December. Ford wants at least 60 days to schedule builds. Thus the absolute latest Ford could even do so would be October.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: Maxwell Ford in Austin, TX is claiming that are placing orders for MY22's right now. I'm heading there this afternoon to see if this is true (their idea of "order" might be different, but their Internet Sales Manager did confirm in no uncertain terms that they are sending orders to the factory for MY22's and will be able to do so today when I sit down with them).

We might need to start a naughty/nice list of dealers based on who has reliable information.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update: Maxwell Ford in Austin, TX is claiming that are placing orders for MY22's right now. I'm heading there this afternoon to see if this is true (their idea of "order" might be different, but their Internet Sales Manager did confirm in no uncertain terms that they are sending orders to the factory for MY22's and will be able to do so today when I sit down with them).

We might need to start a naughty/nice list of dealers based on who has reliable information.
Placed my order with Maxwell Ford in Austin, TX today! I have the term sheet in hand and will share it with the other dealer - they're losing out if they think they can't place orders right now.

Key detail: the MY2022 order bank hasn't opened, but dealers can submit orders to the factory, and they'll start getting pulled (depending on configuration, parts availability, timestamp, as well as dealer allocation) over the next few months.

So you can submit your order, but it'll sit in a backlog until the order bank actually opens, near as I could tell. Maxwell Ford was pretty transparent about what they didn't know, so if you're in ATX, they're worth a look.
Sponsored