First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 3rd gen Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Placed my reservation on July 15, 2020. I converted my 2021 Badlands to a 2022 Badlands earlier this week. I noticed a few changes in pricing and I'm wondering if anyone knows how Ford will handle the price protection from 2021 to 2022. Here are the list of things that changed on my 2022:

MSRP went up by $250
Heavy Duty Modular bumper was standard in 2021 and now it costs $575
Adding Sasquatch in 2021 required also adding the automatic transmission and was $2495. In 2022, adding the Sas with an automatic is also $2495, but adding Sas to a manual costs Sasquatch costs $4090. $4090 is $2495 + automatic's cost of $1595. You can switch between the automatic and the manual for no price change. Does that seem right?

Do you think that the Sas will cost the same with automatic and a manual or is this a mistake that will be fixed?
How will Ford handle the price protection?

Also, originally I had ordered the painted hard top and there was an offer to change to the MIC top for 200k Ford pass points upon receipt of the Bronco. I never received a 2021, but I am now waiting on a 2022. Will I get this offer when I receive a 2022?

My dealer says I will get a private offer from Ford in an email, but they didn't have any details.

Thoughts? Thanks y'all!
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In case you didn't see it, BN recently released a video where they talked about a bunch of 2022 stuff. In there they explained how the price protection works. Basically as of October 1st whatever you had on order is used as a rebate check when you pick up your Bronco (irregardless of what trim you end up with).

Here's a pic of the chart.

Ford Bronco 2022 pricing protection for 2021 order holders price protection rebate amounts

sm_cc_03

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Badlands, 2023 Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know what is likely to happen with 2023 price protection? I know Ford has said those of us bumped to 2023 will get protection but how will that work?

Will it be based on the 2021 order, 2022 order, something else? What happens if we switch models from the original order when we reorder for 2022? Is it too risky to try to "game it" and order a 2DR Badlands for 2022 hoping to get the higher price protection dollars for 2023?

I ordered a 2021 2DR BaseSquatch btw but thinking of changing to 2DR Badlands and given I'm a Grangertober res, I have 0 chance of getting it in 2022.

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What price protection can i expect (if any) with a Sept 2020 Wildtrak reservation and Oct 2021 Outerbanks order?

Sponsored
OP
OP

buytxn

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 3rd gen Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In case you didn't see it, BN recently released a video where they talked about a bunch of 2022 stuff. In there they explained how the price protection works. Basically as of October 1st whatever you had on order is used as a rebate check when you pick up your Bronco (irregardless of what trim you end up with).

Here's a pic of the chart.

Ford Bronco 2022 pricing protection for 2021 order holders price protection rebate amounts
Thanks for the help. Thoughts on Sas/Automatic vs Manual question?

Deleted member 12876

Does anyone know if the rock rails still come standard on the Badlands trim?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What price protection can i expect (if any) with a Sept 2020 Wildtrak reservation and Oct 2021 Outerbanks order?
As I mentioned above, per the BN video (of course it wouldn't be the first time things got changed), But your rebate is based on the trim you had on record as of October. If you switched trims and October, you might watch the video to confirm if they actually say the day but I thought it might have been the 1st. Then then again at some point in the video the guy gets his date corrected to maybe the 13th? Don't totally recall.
Sponsored