Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi guys I'd like to explain the situation I've run into and see if anyone can help me out with some information. I ordered a 4 door Badlands in Jan 2021 so I qualify for price protection. I negotiated Xplan pricing with my dealership as many of you did as well. My Bronco has finally been built and should be arriving soon. My 2021 MSRP was $58855, I figured maybe Xplan pricing would save me approximately $2000 or so. 56-57k selling price sounds good to me. Well as we all know the MSRP increased from 2021 to 2022 and my 2022 MSRP for the exact same order except I added the modular front bumper since they don't come standard anymore was $61550 so $2695 more. I recently got my Xplan buying price from my dealer at $59,241 which seems about right for the Xplan discount. However, they are saying that I will NOT be receiving 2021 price protection because their offer of Xplan pricing overrides any other offer. This sounds ridiculous to me as the Xplan agreement was between the dealership and I and the Price protection is straight from Ford. The dealership shouldn't be able to deny me price protection from Ford should they? Won't the dealership still be receiving the price protection certificates from Ford either way? If so I am not saving anything and they will actually be making back the money they lost by giving me the Xplan price. Heck, it may have even been a better deal to take the price protection instead, as my current buying price is greater that my 2021 MSRP. Am I totally wrong? If so no big deal but this is the way that I see it. Anyone in the same situation that negotiated Xplan pricing? Did you still receive your price protection on your 2022 model? Sorry for the long post but just want to make sure things are as they should be.
Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi guys I'd like to explain the situation I've run into and see if anyone can help me out with some information. I ordered a 4 door Badlands in Jan 2021 so I qualify for price protection. I negotiated Xplan pricing with my dealership as many of you did as well. My Bronco has finally been built and should be arriving soon. My 2021 MSRP was $58855, I figured maybe Xplan pricing would save me approximately $2000 or so. 56-57k selling price sounds good to me. Well as we all know the MSRP increased from 2021 to 2022 and my 2022 MSRP for the exact same order except I added the modular front bumper since they don't come standard anymore was $61550 so $2695 more. I recently got my Xplan buying price from my dealer at $59,241 which seems about right for the Xplan discount. However, they are saying that I will NOT be receiving 2021 price protection because their offer of Xplan pricing overrides any other offer. This sounds ridiculous to me as the Xplan agreement was between the dealership and I and the Price protection is straight from Ford. The dealership shouldn't be able to deny me price protection from Ford should they? Won't the dealership still be receiving the price protection certificates from Ford either way? If so I am not saving anything and they will actually be making back the money they lost by giving me the Xplan price. Heck, it may have even been a better deal to take the price protection instead, as my current buying price is greater that my 2021 MSRP. Am I totally wrong? If so no big deal but this is the way that I see it. Anyone in the same situation that negotiated Xplan pricing? Did you still receive your price protection on your 2022 model? Sorry for the long post but just want to make sure things are as they should be.
You should take a look at the environment and be thankful you are getting the deal you are getting. The dealer can deny you anything they want and don’t even have to sell you the vehicle at all. They could add an ADM and tell you to take it or leave it.

OP
OP
Jhastin4567

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You should take a look at the environment and be thankful you are getting the deal you are getting. The dealer can deny you anything they want and don’t even have to sell you the vehicle at all. They could add an ADM and tell you to take it or leave it.
I’m buying it either way but I’d like to do my due diligence as to wether this is right or not, that’s all.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your dealer is basically screwing you. You're going to need to figure out if which way you come out cheaper if you're not willing to raise hell over it. The price protection is between you and Ford, the dealership shouldn't have ANY say in that money.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I were in your situation I would settle for either x-plan pricing or price protection. In this market anything MSRP or less is fortunate.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jhastin4567

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your dealer is basically screwing you. You're going to need to figure out if which way you come out cheaper if you're not willing to raise hell over it. The price protection is between you and Ford, the dealership shouldn't have ANY say in that money.
That’s exactly what I thought….

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn’t accept it. They’re trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of the deal at your expense.

tametz

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom & Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 CTS-V, 2017 Malibu Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When we ordered our 2021 (now 2022) - there was NO authorized x plan pricing. The dealer can't submit any x plan number to Ford and get a discount back (or however they work it). Therefore, I'm guessing they have <close to> the same profit margin this year as when you made the deal with them.....from my view you were pretty lucky to negotiate the x plan pricing in the first place...nice work! The way they state it is a little confusing, but in the end it sounds like you have a very similar deal. I would be OK with it...view from here! Good luck!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I'm of two minds about this honestly.

X-Plan pricing is what you agreed upon when you ordered with that dealer, and X-plan pricing is what you are getting. So good on the dealer for upholding their end of the bargain. Obviously the problem in this particular situation is price protection is more of a discount (only ~$300 more, but still) than X-plan pricing thanks to the mid-year price increases.

Honestly... I would ask the dealer if they are willing to switch to MSRP with the price protection provided by Ford. If not... you negotiated and they agreed to X-plan pricing... so take the agreed-upon deal be happy with your new Bronco.

OP
OP
Jhastin4567

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I'm of two minds about this honestly.

X-Plan pricing is what you agreed upon when you ordered with that dealer, and X-plan pricing is what you are getting. So good on the dealer for upholding their end of the bargain. Obviously the problem in this particular situation is price protection is more of a discount (only ~$300 more, but still) than X-plan pricing thanks to the mid-year price increases.

Honestly... I would ask the dealer if they are willing to switch to MSRP with the price protection provided by Ford. If not... you negotiated and they agreed to X-plan pricing... so take the agreed-upon deal be happy with your new Bronco.
Ya I see what you are saying. I emailed them about the situation, we’ll see what they say.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe that Ford does not offer Bronco X plan pricing . . . I was denied as a stockholder. If you've ever filled out an Xplan certificate application, it says that Ford excludes certain models from the various plans, and Bronco is excluded. If the dealer offered you Xplan pricing, its coming out of their pocket as a courtesy to you, not from Ford. That may be why they dont want to participate in Price Protection, although that benefit does come from Ford, and not from their bottom line . . . And the Xplan price you quoted in your post is a better deal for you than Price Protection! Maybe the dealer regrets the Xplan discount it offered earlier and is trying to recover some of that discount! They've gotta make money somewhere!

Last edited:

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe that Ford does not offer Bronco X plan pricing . . . I was denied as a stockholder. If the dealer offered you Xplan pricing, its coming out of their pocket as a courtesy to you, not from Ford. That may be why they dont want to participate in Price Protection, although that benefit does come from Ford, and not from their bottom line . . . And the Xplan price you quoted is a better deal for you than Price Protection! Maybe the dealer regrets the Xplan discount it offered earlier and is trying to recover some of that discount! They've gotta make money somewhere!
This. There is no Xplan. As I understand it, normally Ford would reimburse the dealer for an Xplan discount. There is no Xplan for Broncos. So, the dealer was giving you a deal and eating the cost and calling it Xplan.

At the time you ordered, this was a great deal and the dealer was being good to you. Now the cost has gone up and the price protection is better. I guess you'll have to see if they'll switch. I don't see any way they'd offer both.

Although, as I've read here, it's possible they can't legally keep the rebates from price protection. So, maybe you take the Xplan price they offered and eventually you get those price protection checks anyway. Who can say with the state of things at the moment.

Last edited:

JD18

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Porsche Macan GTS, Bronco Badlands 2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in a similar situation with my dealer back in fall 2020 extending in writing a calculated xplan pricing even though the bronco was and isn’t eligible for the xplan. They also sent out an email in Jan 21 saying they would still honor Xplan for
those eligible.

For you. What is the pricing reflected on your window sticker? Is it reflective of the MY 22.5 increase or were you a ice mtn chip hold unit?

In my situation. I have a ice mtn unit that was finally completed 5/23 with a window sticker reflecting the old Jan price. So interested to see if my dealer tries to make me choose one discount over as well.

ryn0s3r1

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 1794 Edition 4X4, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Call Ford Customer Relations, they can provide you with your 2021 Price Protection Certificate Number. I called and got mine a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that will help.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, so I'll ask..which dealer? I also have an "xplan" deal but without a VIN, I'm still in no-man's-land.

I think I'd take the xplan deal, then once the Bronco was actually in my possession and the dealer couldn't pull a fast one, I'd call uo Ford and start pushing them for my price protection, stating that the dealer wouldn't honor it.
Sponsored