First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
@graham5david they were buying the 2ohm at first but some were complaining about the sound quality so the consensus was to go 4ohm for quality but lose a little loudness.
I see. I also thought the 6.75 inch kicker was what fit the box and the 8 inch required trimming. Or does the 8 fit without issue. If the 8 fits I will order an 8. But I ordered 6.75 2 ohm
Sponsored

Clump

Heritage
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I did mine today. The Kicker 6.75 fits really well. The 8 would require trimming. The Fusion amp is plug and play, just cut off the little connectors at the speaker end, strip the wires and use the spring connectors on the Kicker speaker.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to add my 2 cents here. But I need some clarification. I’m assuming sometime after MY22-23 they gave people a fake sub enclosure rather than just leaving it out?
if that’s the case I wish I had one of those. I had to make my own out of mdf.

Which leads me to another point. Not to insult anyone’s intelligence here if you’re gonna add a new su bc to that box ensure that you meet the cu-ft minimum. If you can’t, stuff it. But if you can don’t stuff it. Don’t ask me the magic behind it just know once you meet that magic number anything you add hurts more than helps.
The '23 sub delete package has a complete sub enclosure as far as I can tell. The speaker is there but missing the magnet and coil. The amp housing is also there but it's not functional.... maybe it's empty. Wiring is in place.
I'm still waiting for my Fusion amp, should be here Monday, almost a week since I bought it on eBay.
I bought some Infinity 4" speakers, had them in a few days but waiting on the Metra wiring adapters.... that'll be a 1-2 week wait. Bought those on Amazon.

Brian’sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see. I also thought the 6.75 inch kicker was what fit the box and the 8 inch required trimming. Or does the 8 fit without issue. If the 8 fits I will order an 8. But I ordered 6.75 2 ohm
As others have pointed out, just recently @Clump with that beautiful HE, the 6.75 is a drop in and 8 needs some trimming, more than some where willing to do and just settled for the 6.75. The other issues were the Fusion amp possibly not being big enough to drive the 8 properly and the size of the enclosure being too small. I know someone had filled the enclosure with water to measure the volume and it came real close to the specs need for the 6.75. The only thing that is still debatable is to leave ported or plug the port. I just ordered all my parts yesterday so hopefully will be tackling this next weekend, I went with the Infinity speakers in front and back getting SSV pods so I could run 6.5s. I think all in I’m about $655 and should have a system that sounds good enough for my old ears.

Sponsored

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The '23 sub delete package has a complete sub enclosure as far as I can tell. The speaker is there but missing the magnet and coil. The amp housing is also there but it's not functional.... maybe it's empty. Wiring is in place.
I'm still waiting for my Fusion amp, should be here Monday, almost a week since I bought it on eBay.
I bought some Infinity 4" speakers, had them in a few days but waiting on the Metra wiring adapters.... that'll be a 1-2 week wait. Bought those on Amazon.
People paid for this sun delete? Sorry explain it like I’m 5

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nobody paid. We got a $250 credit. The delete was also not by choice.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, Ford (or their supplier) ran out of the speaker/amps from Dec '22 till about July '23. So we got 'fakes'.... allegedly so Ford didn't have to change their build process during that time.
I was in another high tech field where work orders/work instructions had to be approved every time a change was made. Maybe this was a similar situation.

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Kicker 6.75 should be 4 ohm with the fusion amp. Not 2 ohm.
After reading all the threads more carefully, the 4 ohm is definitely the better route. I'll send the 2 ohm back tomorrow and order the 4 ohm. I'm glad I asked on the forum. I would have hated to do all that work and be disappointed with the sound.

Sponsored

JimHarrison00

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There's a few posts with this info as I put some info in them, just a quick recap:

- Sub Enclosure is there with a Sub that has no magnet, an Amp with no chips, and the Sub trim panel.
Bronco OEM SUB and AMP.jpg
Bronco OEM Sub Box.jpg

Sub pic 1.jpg

- I added a Kicker 8in Comp RT Sub $125 and Soundstream Sub AMP $135 and used a Plug and Play harness for $175. Sounds decent but I also swapped out all 6 speakers while I was at it.
Sub finished.jpg
KIcker Sub.jpg
Does the Plug and Play harness connect the factory plug (the brown connector that is input to the "fake amp") into your new amp? Or did you need to run the harness from the head unit to the amp? I also have the sub delete option... But did purchase a set of b&o speakers, including the amp and sub, from someone who removed theirs. Assumed it would be just a swap, but the cabling differences are overwhelming.

Clump

Heritage
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Does the Plug and Play harness connect the factory plug (the brown connector that is input to the "fake amp") into your new amp? Or did you need to run the harness from the head unit to the amp? I also have the sub delete option... But did purchase a set of b&o speakers, including the amp and sub, from someone who removed theirs. Assumed it would be just a swap, but the cabling differences are overwhelming.
With the factory sub delete the harnesses on both ends of the fake amp plug directly into the Fusion amp. With the Kicker 48CWRT674 speaker you need to cut off the factory speaker connectors and attach the wires with the spring terminals on the speaker.

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used the plug and play with an after market amp not the fusion so it plug's into the head unit then the aftermarket amp.

graham5david

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Completed this today with the fusion amp and 4 ohm 6.75 kicker. Sounds a million times better. I did wrap all of the corners of the box and mounting points with sound deadener. No rattles. I didn't use the little foam baffle. I also replaced all speakers with kicker 6.5 and kicker 4 inch. Put bass blockers on front dash speakers.

Does everyone leave the rear pod settings in 4 scan as tweeter/subwoofer or are you switching it to speaker/subwoofer. I did turn the factory EQ setting off and that made a huge difference by itself.

evil.kat

Badlands
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the plug and play with an after market amp not the fusion so it plug's into the head unit then the aftermarket amp.
Hey CMill, which after market amp did you use? how did wiring go? thanks
Sponsored