First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it seems for all Bronco models except Raptor that a factory installed tow hitch is gone? Does the trailer tow prep package mean everything is pre-wired for a 7pin harness or a 4 pin harness?

@RagnarKon @FordVideoGuy Any insight to this? I haven't seen an uproar about this in the threads so I don't know if I'm reading this wrong or if Ford has snuck this one past everyone. It is on the B&P tool but when you add it, the picture with a receiver hitch isn't updated. What's the chance the trailer prep package won't play nice with aftermarket hitch systems? E.G. adding trailer tow wiring requires some Ford Body Control Module update?

I assume this is to speed up the post production Bronco completion. I don't think the tow hitch is installed on the factory floor.

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco and Raptor Order Guide Released! 1692650789691

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco and Raptor Order Guide Released! 1692650922324

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco and Raptor Order Guide Released! 1692651318955

Ford Bronco 2024 Bronco and Raptor Order Guide Released! 1692651041961
Sponsored

csmola38

Outer Banks
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was going to post with the same call out - I have a '23 Outer Banks 2-Door - weird move to eliminate it from this trim specifically, isn't it? Wonder the rationale for that.
Most folks that go for the Outer Banks probably have families and need the 4 door out of necessity, since odds are that the OBX Stock Non-SAS isn't really meant for offroading. Myself included.

Zybore

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2024
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would agree the OBX targets the everyday mostly road driving customers that want the extra capabilities, or the look, of a Bronco. Don't see why they would limit the choices by axing the two door. They already have most of the parts. The formerly AWD buyers would however be willing to BUY the 4A capability and do not want all the stuff or price of Sasquatch. Why they would drop a paid option and those customers is a significant marketing blunder.

aham23

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2019 Audi SQ%
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^ if it sold they would keep it. it is always about money.

FordVideoGuy

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So it seems for all Bronco models except Raptor that a factory installed tow hitch is gone? Does the trailer tow prep package mean everything is pre-wired for a 7pin harness or a 4 pin harness?

@RagnarKon @FordVideoGuy Any insight to this? I haven't seen an uproar about this in the threads so I don't know if I'm reading this wrong or if Ford has snuck this one past everyone. It is on the B&P tool but when you add it, the picture with a receiver hitch isn't updated. What's the chance the trailer prep package won't play nice with aftermarket hitch systems? E.G. adding trailer tow wiring requires some Ford Body Control Module update?

I assume this is to speed up the post production Bronco completion. I don't think the tow hitch is installed on the factory floor.

I reached out to the Brand Manager and he couldn't tell me what was included in each package. I hate to assume but I think the prep kit will include wiring back to bumper and trailer sway control and the DIO will include the 7/4 pin hookup and hitch. I say that because if the wiring was there on the prep kit then the DIO hitch would only be $100-$200 not $500.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone know SORP for the 24s? Yes I’m aware they’re on strike right now.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was to spec a 2024 to my 2021 it will cost $10k more. I know inflation has hit but my god that's a 20% increase in price.

tex68w

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus GX460, 2023 F-250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We'll probably never get an answer from Ford themselves on that.

But if I were to guess... they were trying to simplify the assembly process. Add on the fact the keypad entry is available as an accessory (either this or this) that your dealer can easily install, and it just doesn't really make sense to have it as a factory option.
The question is whether or not the keypads will work on the '24MY.
Sponsored